Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 403

Thread: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Voters strongly believe the debate about global warming is not over yet and reject the decision by some news organizations to ban comments from those who deny that global warming is a problem.
    Only 20% of Likely U.S. Voters believe the scientific debate about global warming is over, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

    Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over - Rasmussen Reports™
    From highly insulting people that think that those that disagree with them are somehow just north of mentally handicapped, to the mockery of the disciple of Gorentology that comes at you with the viciousness of a typical cult member when their religion is under question, it is clear that the majority of voters in this country don't buy the lie that the case is settled, that the argument is over...

    Back to fringe obscurity GW lunatics.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,152

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From highly insulting people that think that those that disagree with them are somehow just north of mentally handicapped, to the mockery of the disciple of Gorentology that comes at you with the viciousness of a typical cult member when their religion is under question, it is clear that the majority of voters in this country don't buy the lie that the case is settled, that the argument is over...

    Back to fringe obscurity GW lunatics.
    I just did a poll...95% of people would not use public opinion polls to determine what is scientifically accurate. The 5% of course were unsure because they were just north of mentally handicapped.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #3
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From highly insulting people that think that those that disagree with them are somehow just north of mentally handicapped, to the mockery of the disciple of Gorentology that comes at you with the viciousness of a typical cult member when their religion is under question, it is clear that the majority of voters in this country don't buy the lie that the case is settled, that the argument is over...

    Back to fringe obscurity GW lunatics.
    The Koch brothers have done an admirable job making Climate Science into politics.
    (like Evangelicals have made Evolution 'controversial')
    Indeed, look at where that otherwise 'Science' topic is on this board: "General Political Discussion"!
    Hook, l!ne, and s!nker!
    One Science is now a populist political football.
    Many people with -0- posts in the Science section are now 'interested', even highly opinionated, in Only this one.
    Hmm. This OP too.

    As to being Highly insulting about it?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/enviro...ntaly-ill.html
    Last edited by mbig; 07-09-14 at 02:00 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From highly insulting people that think that those that disagree with them are somehow just north of mentally handicapped, to the mockery of the disciple of Gorentology that comes at you with the viciousness of a typical cult member when their religion is under question, it is clear that the majority of voters in this country don't buy the lie that the case is settled, that the argument is over...

    Back to fringe obscurity GW lunatics.
    What do you do when you cannot debate the merits of an argument? Insult those making it. You show a perfect example of it. Nothing you said addresses the science, ypou just spewed ad Homs. Well done!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What do you do when you cannot debate the merits of an argument? Insult those making it. You show a perfect example of it. Nothing you said addresses the science, ypou just spewed ad Homs. Well done!
    Didn't you just do exactly what you claim j-mac was doing - i.e. insult him for posting a poll rather than debate the merits of the poll?

    Part of the problem with environmental science is that it is entirely counter to people's own experiences and all of the remedies appear to be ones that almost totally destroy the lifestyle people have worked hard to create. No wonder people, those well informed and those not well informed, challenge the validity of the "science" presented to them.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Didn't you just do exactly what you claim j-mac was doing - i.e. insult him for posting a poll rather than debate the merits of the poll?

    Part of the problem with environmental science is that it is entirely counter to people's own experiences and all of the remedies appear to be ones that almost totally destroy the lifestyle people have worked hard to create. No wonder people, those well informed and those not well informed, challenge the validity of the "science" presented to them.
    Actually, I commented on his post. Reading Is Fundamental.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually, I commented on his post. Reading Is Fundamental.
    It is fundamental - that's why I challenged the hypocrisy of your post.

    Attempts at exerting superiority, feigned or otherwise, seldom bring you converts to your side of an argument.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I just did a poll...95% of people would not use public opinion polls to determine what is scientifically accurate. The 5% of course were unsure because they were just north of mentally handicapped.
    You're equat scientific accuracy to computer models built on corrupted data.

    You do realize that don't you ?

  9. #9
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It is fundamental - that's why I challenged the hypocrisy of your post.

    Attempts at exerting superiority, feigned or otherwise, seldom bring you converts to your side of an argument.
    OK, I am not sure why this is confusing for you, but let's try again. There is a large, unsubtle difference between insulting a group of people, and pointing out the faults with a post.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #10
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    OK, I am not sure why this is confusing for you, but let's try again. There is a large, unsubtle difference between insulting a group of people, and pointing out the faults with a post.
    There's that nasty superiority thing working against you again.

    Funny, I was under the impression that the issue of the OP was a poll that showed that only 20% of the American public believed the debate on the validity of man-made global warming was over. Perhaps you were confused into thinking the OP was a direct challenge to the science or - pseudo science or perhaps I'm confused because I thought the OP was a direct challenge to the claims that the debate is over. There is a subtle difference.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •