Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 403

Thread: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

  1. #61
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You really need to let every single major national and international scientific organization know of your findings.

    Climate Change: Consensus

    I can't wait to see what your thoughts are about gravitational wave theory, nuclear physics, and molecular biology are.
    Is this the same nasa that a few years back said their "new mission" was to promote outreach to the muslim community???

  2. #62
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,539

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    I have heard that a large portion of the IPCC's panel are not even scientist?? I heard this a couple times so not real sure if its accurate?
    A lot of information here.

    IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

  3. #63
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,681

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Is this the same nasa that a few years back said their "new mission" was to promote outreach to the muslim community???
    I would imagine.

    Of course, if you bothered to look at the link, it lists the scientific organizations that have issues statements on AGW.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Global warming is real. It's happening. After evaluating the evidence I have come to my own conclusion that the way we currently do things is damaging the world in which we live. A way of doing things that will, ultimately, lead to terrible consequences if continued.

    With that being said...the global warming debate seems a bit different than other scientific debates. Anybody who questions any part of the science is ruthlessly attacked and silenced. There is a great deal of censorship and close-mindedness that makes me quite uncomfortable. We seem to be losing our grip on what makes science so great. Science must be questioned. Always. A true scientist ALWAYS assumes he is wrong, even when he is right. This skepticism is what has, in the past, propelled scientific advancement. But recently skepticism and dissent seem to be devoid in science. It really is quite saddening.

  5. #65
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Given a significant proportion of the IPCC relates to economic impacts of AGW, this shouldn't be surprising to anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the Subject.
    Well how many are scientists on the panel and how many are not?? Little testy are ya

  6. #66
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,681

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Well how many are scientists on the panel and how many are not?? Little testy are ya
    Testy? Not really.

    But I don't know why i would do your homework for you!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #67
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I would imagine.

    Of course, if you bothered to look at the link, it lists the scientific organizations that have issues statements on AGW.
    I realize that, I just thought it was a very bizarre statement from Nasa about their "new mission" muslim outreach. I mean why do we have to PC up science, and what purpose does it serve?

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Solely reducing CO2 is an anti-pollution, 'return the environment to a more pristine nature' philosophy. How could it prevent global warming? It fails to curb the highest concentrations of greenhouse gases (water vapor) and fails to curb a greenhouse gas that's at least 25 times more effective in trapping heat in the atmosphere than CO2. Some have said the earth is in imminent danger with global warming, yet they turn to ideology (not science and logic) to try to prevent it.
    It tips the delicate balance, cabse5. And not by a lot, too. And it's that tip that is cause our planet to warm.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #69
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,681

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    I realize that, I just thought it was a very bizarre statement from Nasa about their "new mission" muslim outreach. I mean why do we have to PC up science, and what purpose does it serve?
    Thats a topic. But it really isnt this thread's topic now, is it?

    I suppose you could post a new thread. Maybe in the 'academia - science' section. I bet you'll get reasoned replies there.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #70
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,576
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Only 20% Think Debate About Global Warming Is Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Except a scientist would know that things don't just fall down, they can also continuously fall sideways around the Earth in orbit, just as the Earth is continuously falling into the Sun. Sometimes things are more complicated than the common person may understand and are not quite what they seem.

    Btw I would also call you a denier since you use their language and express their views to a T... "AGW religionists", "cultists", "doomsday", politics, grant money conspiracies... You also expouse ignorance on the issue as you claim "prophecies" have come and gone without incidence. No such thing has ever been promoted in mainstream AGW science as disaster scenarios unfolding before 2014 today. If you get past your own hyperbolic strawman you would see the projected effects for what they are.

    Effects of climate change on humans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Climate change and agriculture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ah well, at least you have a lot of company among those who don't have a clue what a straw man is. And those who seem to read a whole lot into my comments that I didn't say. But thanks for the commentary and do have a nice day.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •