Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

  1. #11
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,095
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It will be below zero in hell before I have anything to say about this.
    Surely you'd at least like to make a comment blaming Obama for this.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  2. #12
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Well if we're bugging everyone, I'm not surprised we've got double agents and spies involved too.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    What can one say, it would seem to me that our intel agencies should have been on the P's and Q's. Or there is another possibility, if this guy was recruited by someone posing as an American intel agent to further divide Germany and the U.S.


    Heya Pero. One would think they would have been. But then dealing with double agents, now that would be what is known as the real slippery slope. Who is running the State Dept now? Looks like Kerry will be sent to do the damage control, huh?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,932
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Pero. One would think they would have been. But then dealing with double agents, now that would be what is known as the real slippery slope. Who is running the State Dept now? Looks like Kerry will be sent to do the damage control, huh?
    I doubt if state would have recruited this guy. not that they don't have their own small intel section. But I would imagine Kerry will be kept quite busy.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I doubt if state would have recruited this guy. not that they don't have their own small intel section. But I would imagine Kerry will be kept quite busy.
    Yeah as I don't see this going back to BO directly. But do you think the Germans will force him to respond?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,932
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah as I don't see this going back to BO directly. But do you think the Germans will force him to respond?
    If it is true, sure the Germans will. Especially right after this NSA thing.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If it is true, sure the Germans will. Especially right after this NSA thing.
    Not to mention it doesn't help that this was connected to Snowden. Either way, more is going to be coming with this.

    Wonder what Hillary will have to say. In her book she mentioned about BO and winging it with Foreign Policy.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,932
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Not to mention it doesn't help that this was connected to Snowden. Either way, more is going to be coming with this.

    Wonder what Hillary will have to say. In her book she mentioned about BO and winging it with Foreign Policy.
    Ah, the old wing and a prayer. If I was Hillary, I would just keep quiet about it. Take a break from all public appearances for a couple of weeks. She is no longer in government, she doesn't have to comment on it. It would be wise to see what becomes of this before making any comment if that is possible.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #19
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,276

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Its not like that now is it JH. Is this some more bungling or gross incompetence?

    It is behavior consistent with the MO for NSA and CIA. Quite similar to the old days of the Cold War in which double agents were recruited.

    The Germans now know for sure how superficial their relationship with the US is. By infiltrating the German government proceedings the US has demonstrated for the umpteenth time how ruthless and dishonorable they are. Plenty of lip service for the cameras about "international friendship", but the record shows the deception.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Germany arrests Suspected Double Agent spying for U.S.: Lawmakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    It is behavior consistent with the MO for NSA and CIA. Quite similar to the old days of the Cold War in which double agents were recruited.

    The Germans now know for sure how superficial their relationship with the US is. By infiltrating the German government proceedings the US has demonstrated for the umpteenth time how ruthless and dishonorable they are. Plenty of lip service for the cameras about "international friendship", but the record shows the deception.

    Mornin HD. Someone will be taking the heat. It was involving Snowden too. So the Germans just didn't let that go. Like I mentioned....Putin came out a few hours ahead of this and said he wanted to work with the US. Making nicey nice. But then I am willing to bet he knew this was coming down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •