Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 165

Thread: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    No. That applies to anyone, no matter what they look like.
    And, hell, you're basically being racist towards me right now. It doesn't make sense to me.

    What part of "if I started classifying people into a hierarchy of value based on skin color and bone structure, I'd be going counter to my core values", did you misunderstand?

    I'm against preferential treatment for ANY race. Equal treatment is the goal, idealistic though it may be.
    "No. That applies to anyone, no matter what they look like.
    And, hell, you're basically being racist towards me right now. It doesn't make sense to me."

    Ignoring the fact that what you Look Like affects How You're Treated.

    What I wouldn't give to be a Dillusional Pinkboy and not a Half-Nicaraguan ostracized by both the Pinkboy and My Own Kind (until i fight my want into acceptance.)

    "And, hell, you're basically being racist towards me right now. It doesn't make sense to me."

    Awwwwwwwwwww, I'm sorry!! Do you need a tissue, Pinkboy? Dry up your internet tears on that fancy laptop you parents probably gave you?

    "What part of "if I started classifying people into a hierarchy of value based on skin color and bone structure, I'd be going counter to my core values", did you misunderstand?

    I'm against preferential treatment for ANY race. Equal treatment is the goal, idealistic though it may be. "

    The day Idealism rules the world give me a Call.

    Until then, Realism is the way to go.

  2. #142
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    "Thankfully, no. That would indicate some problems."

    The fact that you cannot indicate more problems.

    Pull a little harder, maybe you'll see a little sunshine eventually.

    "Calm down man.
    I looked it up: Definition of Average

    What is your point? I know what an average is.
    So far as I can tell, the majority of LEOs are NOT racist. Which is why I'm not agreeing with you when you say the average LEO is racist, as it appears you are."

    Ignoring Reliable Statistics.

    I salute you, Average Pinkboy

    You stand by your race more than your nation.

    I do the same. (Wish there was a salute emocon)

    """That said, my only info on racist police incidents comes from the odd news story I hear about on the radio news or here on DP in the news forum."

    Oh, thanks for contradicting the rest of your argument while supporting mine ""

    "How the hell does that contradict anything I said, let alone support your position?

    I gave you background information so you could better understand where I was coming from. And that contradicts me? What? "

    "my only info on racist police incidents comes from the odd news story I hear about on the radio news or here on DP in the news forum."

    " I gave you background information so you could better understand where I was coming from. And that contradicts me? What? "

    To be fair it doesn't 'contradict' in the full sense, it just elucidates the fact you are of the Priveleged Race and are thus entirely Un Sympathetic/Empathetic to the plight of the un-priveledged races. Way to go for you, Mr. Lucky Pinkboy!
    Bull****.

    I don't "stand with my race". I stand with people I find reasonable. Race has nothing to do with it.

    I don't consider myself privileged due to my race. I have sympathy and empathy for people who are less well off than I, regardless of race.

    That you presume I do not, simply because of my race, indicates to me that the main cause disagreement here lies within your irrational view of the world.

    No idea what you're talking about with the first bit...you want me to look up my own ass or something? That sounds damned uncomfortable.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    I used to care about Zimbabwe, now I am fed up.

    They voted for him...and voted for him...and voted for him.

    They brought his ridiculous leadership on themselves.

    They have no one to blame but themselves.



  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Bull****.

    I don't "stand with my race". I stand with people I find reasonable. Race has nothing to do with it.

    I don't consider myself privileged due to my race. I have sympathy and empathy for people who are less well off than I, regardless of race.

    That you presume I do not, simply because of my race, indicates to me that the main cause disagreement here lies within your irrational view of the world.

    No idea what you're talking about with the first bit...you want me to look up my own ass or something? That sounds damned uncomfortable.
    "I don't consider myself privileged due to my race."

    Congrats. Doesn't make it any, at all, less true that you are treated differently because of your skin.

    "That you presume I do not, simply because of my race, indicates to me that the main cause disagreement here lies within your irrational view of the world."

    I'm sorry being sheltered has made the real world, for all its flaws, so difficult for your to purview. In the end, your Parents have done a great job. A similar task I wish to accomplish with my own.

    Ignorance IS Bliss.

    "No idea what you're talking about with the first bit...you want me to look up my own ass or something? That sounds damned uncomfortable. "

    Not even 11 :O, I suppose 10... maybe 9 years old then?

    Goddamn, you're more dissapointing at every step.

    Though, to be fair you posit a fairly lucid argument for a nine year old.

    KUDOS!

  5. #145
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I used to care about Zimbabwe, now I am fed up.

    They voted for him...and voted for him...and voted for him.

    They brought his ridiculous leadership on themselves.

    They have no one to blame but themselves.


    Except most of them didn't
    Zimbabwean general election, 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #146
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Congrats. Doesn't make it any, at all, less true that you are treated differently because of your skin.
    If I am treated differently, then no, it would not. Doesn't make my statement incorrect though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    I'm sorry being sheltered has made the real world, for all its flaws, so difficult for your to purview. In the end, your Parents have done a great job. A similar task I wish to accomplish with my own.

    Ignorance IS Bliss.
    Ignorance may be blissful, but it's not right, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Not even 11 :O, I suppose 10... maybe 9 years old then?

    Goddamn, you're more disappointing at every step.

    Though, to be fair you posit a fairly lucid argument for a nine year old.

    KUDOS!
    Your attempts at insult are amusing.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    If I am treated differently, then no, it would not. Doesn't make my statement incorrect though.


    Ignorance may be blissful, but it's not right, either.

    Your attempts at insult are amusing.
    Whatever, you refuse to see anything different than your sheltered view.

    As I said this "debate" was never a debate to begin with because you already chose your conclusion prior. It was, as I said, just a fruitless exchange of opinions.

    In the end it was My fault for wasting my time knowing what the end result would be from the get-go.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Yeah, yeah...corrupt elections...then strike until he resigns or overthrow him or something.

    Sitting around and accepting it is their fault as well.

    If enough Zimbabweans wanted him out badly enough, he'd be out.

    They clearly don't.

  9. #149
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Yeah, yeah...corrupt elections...then strike until he resigns or overthrow him or something.

    Sitting around and accepting it is their fault as well.

    If enough Zimbabweans wanted him out badly enough, he'd be out.

    They clearly don't.
    What do you suggest they eat while on strike?

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Zimbabwe: Mugabe Tells All White Farmers they Must Give Up Their Land and 'Go'

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Yeah, yeah...corrupt elections...then strike until he resigns or overthrow him or something.

    Sitting around and accepting it is their fault as well.

    If enough Zimbabweans wanted him out badly enough, he'd be out.

    They clearly don't.
    Agreed.

    Exact same thing applies to the ****-hole that is called the United States of America.

    What I wouldn't give to manufacture AK-47s or even breach-loaders for the Confederacy. Oh well, we can't go back in time

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •