Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #291
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,043

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    An officer has the right to protect himself. If he believed she was resisting and creating a hazard to his safety, then he was just doing his job.

    Why do Libbos ALWAYS root for the bad guys?
    You start in in this thread saying that there wasn't enough video to draw a conclusion now you are all in as if you had enough video to draw a conclusion... Why do Cons ALWAYS root for the authoritarianism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #292
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,014

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    ...Why do Cons ALWAYS root for the authoritarianism?
    They don't.

    Your statement is way to general by placing all Cons in the same group.

  3. #293
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What happened before the video started? Do we know?
    Does it matter?

    I mean, it's not like he's defending himself here.

  4. #294
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,043

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    They don't.

    Your statement is way to general by placing all Cons in the same group.
    I don't actually think that. Just read the post I quoted and you'll understand why I did that ridiculous extrapolation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #295
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    An officer has the right to protect himself. If he believed she was resisting and creating a hazard to his safety, then he was just doing his job.

    Why do Libbos ALWAYS root for the bad guys?
    Ya know, this could be the answer to my question to you that you dodged and refused to answer... no, you do NOT give equal consideration to all sides.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You dont interfere with the cops....
    I guess that's why Americans tolerated Japaneses being hauled off to concentration camps: we don't actually want to resist a tyrannical government, we just like to shoot guns and say we do, but when it gets real we won't actually do anything.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,868

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I guess that's why Americans tolerated Japaneses being hauled off to concentration camps: we don't actually want to resist a tyrannical government, we just like to shoot guns and say we do, but when it gets real we won't actually do anything.
    The self-righteousness is misplaced.

    Unless there is an imminent threat of death, you follow the proper legal channels. THat is likely to be more effective in getting justice and change. You getting shot solves nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    The self-righteousness is misplaced.

    Unless there is an imminent threat of death, you follow the proper legal channels. THat is likely to be more effective in getting justice and change. You getting shot solves nothing.
    Ahh, so this old lady being beaten by a big cop doesn't qualify as "imminent threat of death", but replace the old lady with a fat neighborhood watch drop-out and the replace the big cop with a 17-year-old admiiture mma fighter and now killing the assailant is justified.

    Well I guess if the situation wasn't so bad I guess I don't see what all the ex-post-facto feigned outrage is about.

  9. #299
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Ya know, this could be the answer to my question to you that you dodged and refused to answer... no, you do NOT give equal consideration to all sides.
    I consider that we don't all the information and that's why I'm not going to condemn the officer's actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #300
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,853

    Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You start in in this thread saying that there wasn't enough video to draw a conclusion now you are all in as if you had enough video to draw a conclusion... Why do Cons ALWAYS root for the authoritarianism?
    Completely inaccurate.

    Most want smaller government, less control, more personal freedom, and abhor the authoritative nature of government (this especially includes law enforcement).
    Last edited by SMTA; 07-09-14 at 07:14 PM.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •