Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #21
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This could have been a confrontation that, for whatever reason, got very emotional. By walking off the way she did, she was resisting. She was obviously fighting back when he took her down. She might have assaulted him, before she started walking off. How do we know either way?

    We only saw a few seconds of what could have been going on for several minutes. A few seconds isn't enough to say for sure what went down. Have we even heard his side of the story, yet? Or are we just going to go on a few seconds of video?
    Everything you said could have happened. Nothing you said would justify repeated punching in the face, especially after she's already down.

    Take two?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #22
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Kinda need to know, before condemning the guy as a racist. I know folks can't help themselves, but those of us with more common sense know better.
    Wait, wait, back up.

    Who was accusing this guy of being racist? Why is race involved at all?

    He was sitting on someone punching their face. That right there is reason enough to question the event, without even trying to apply racial over/undertones to the matter.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Everything you said could have happened. Nothing you said would justify repeated punching in the face, especially after she's already down.

    Take two?
    If she's resisting and the situation is already emotionally charged, it may not be justified, but it would be understandable. However, to say there's no way it could be justified, is quite nave, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Wait, wait, back up.

    Who was accusing this guy of being racist? Why is race involved at all?

    He was sitting on someone punching their face. That right there is reason enough to question the event, without even trying to apply racial over/undertones to the matter.
    Right here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post

    And, I mean, there's only 24 posts in this thread, so just wait. I think we both know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Kinda need to know, before condemning the guy as a racist. I know folks can't help themselves, but those of us with more common sense know better.
    That has nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter what color the lady was, she was beaten by this cop and he should be held accountable.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If she's resisting and the situation is already emotionally charged, it may not be justified, but it would be understandable. However, to say there's no way it could be justified, is quite nave, IMO.
    Well, you saying this is not surprising at all.

  7. #27
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,752

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right here...




    And, I mean, there's only 24 posts in this thread, so just wait. I think we both know that.
    Oh ****....

    I confess I never even looked at those links...
    I kinda just assumed this was another sadly run-of-the-mill "officer beats person unreasonably" situation.

    Of course since the officer was white and the woman black, assumptions as to racism are being made.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #28
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If she's resisting and the situation is already emotionally charged, it may not be justified, but it would be understandable. However, to say there's no way it could be justified, is quite nave, IMO.
    I never said "no way", but I've got a pretty active imagination and I cannot think of any scenario. Face punching is a pretty specific act, so even if the situation is emotionally charged, even "understandable" is pushing it, IMO. Maybe some other aggressive scenario, but face punching? No.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Well, you saying this is not surprising at all.
    That door swings both ways. But, since neither you, nor I were there and didn't see the entire exchange, neither of know for sure what is, or isn't justified. Do we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Oh ****....

    I confess I never even looked at those links...
    I kinda just assumed this was another sadly run-of-the-mill "officer beats person unreasonably" situation.

    Of course since the officer was white and the woman black, assumptions as to racism are being made.
    Of course! Had it been a white gal getting her ass whipped by a black officer, this thread wouldn't exists, except maybe to says she's the racist and deserved what she got.

    You know the deal as much as I do bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •