Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #281
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The reason given wasn't 'privacy', but 'security'.
    There are NO security concerns the CHP has, that the public should not have full access to video recorded on duty with the sole exception I noted earlier, which is active ongoing CURRENT undercover investigations. ALL video are pubic record and should be treated accordingly, and if they are not released during an ongoing investigation must and ought to be released once said case has either been adjudicated or dropped or by court order.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    About those vests and that 'look'....Albany police sport new vests

    The cops in both pictures have all the same gear. The diference is in how it's carried. I don't know if you've ever had to lug around a bunch of **** like that, but it can take it's toll on your back.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Ok, we're done....You've just crossed a line of stupidity I'm not willing to follow.
    I just did a search for updates on this story, nothing about GREAT-grandma (at 51!) being injured. I have to wonder why the media isn't advertising her injuries to bolster her poster-child victim mentality, and the media usually jumps at that information, so it's suspect.

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Am I the only one who noticed no one coming to this woman's aid? It's a bad scene, we all agree on that, big bad cop on top of a old woman, apparently beating the crap out of her...and no one pulls the cop off.

    Is it just me or do these things happen less often in states with loose gun laws?

  5. #285
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Sorry, not good enough. You are either able to do your job correctly or you should find another line of work. I was a machinist most of my life. If the boss assigned me to do some machining on a part that cost $30,000. For me to make a mistake and expect him to overlook it would have been ridiculous.

    It was understood, if I machined the part, I was responsible for the result. Saying I'm sorry would not have been good enough for me not to face some type of disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
    I am in no way saying that the officer shouldn't be scrutinized, and all appropriate measures be taken. I am simply saying that Law Enforcement is no way like machining anything. Dealing with the public is maddening and anyone that has to do it for any extended period of time realizes pretty quick just how manipulating, selfish, ignorant, detestable, arrogant, dumb, and willing to push the limits the public in general are.

    Because this officer may have crossed a line, and again, we don't see the whole incident in context here, but just because it looks like he lost it, does in no way mean that this is how "cops" are, or that every situation is the same. That's all I am saying. If the internal investigation shows that he acted inappropriately and is up for disciplinary action as I am sure he will be, up to, and including termination from the force then so be it..But, all of us should be careful in speculating motives, or even what we saw there without the benefit of context.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #286
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed no one coming to this woman's aid? It's a bad scene, we all agree on that, big bad cop on top of a old woman, apparently beating the crap out of her...and no one pulls the cop off.

    Is it just me or do these things happen less often in states with loose gun laws?
    Lots of "don't want to get involved" mentality...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #287
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,875

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Am I the only one who noticed no one coming to this woman's aid? It's a bad scene, we all agree on that, big bad cop on top of a old woman, apparently beating the crap out of her...and no one pulls the cop off.

    Is it just me or do these things happen less often in states with loose gun laws?
    Are you serious? You dont interfere with the cops....you'll get arrested or even shot. I'd be filming and if there was real danger maintain my distance and tell THEM I was calling 911.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #288
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You have a fundamental flaw in understanding what a justice system is for and what it does. Beating people up isn't a part of that no matter the situation. Defending one's self is about as close as one can come. Sitting on someone and punching them in the face is not defending one's self.
    An officer has the right to protect himself. If he believed she was resisting and creating a hazard to his safety, then he was just doing his job.

    Why do Libbos ALWAYS root for the bad guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #289
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    An officer has the right to protect himself. If he believed she was resisting and creating a hazard to his safety, then he was just doing his job.

    Why do Libbos ALWAYS root for the bad guys?
    Why do conservatives... at least extreme conservatives... have such a hard time discerning the bad guys from the good guys? Probably because they'd rather keep to what they want to believe rather than open their eyes.

    Hint: Team affiliation is not always an indicator.

    Disclaimer: General comment, not necessarily directed at you or this specific topic, but if the shoe fits...
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #290
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    An officer has the right to protect himself. If he believed she was resisting and creating a hazard to his safety, then he was just doing his job.

    Why do Libbos ALWAYS root for the bad guys?
    You start in in this thread saying that there wasn't enough video to draw a conclusion now you are all in as if you had enough video to draw a conclusion... Why do Cons ALWAYS root for the authority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •