Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #251
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Problems in a bureaucracy start at the top.
    The president isn't exactly in the chain of command of local police. If anything, as a voting citizenry, the local police are his boss so that kind of flushes your whole theory down the partisan toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #252
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    There is no national police bureaucracy.

    So far as I know, at least.
    Out here in New Mexico I was driving down the road and saw an SUV cop car and on it said, "Federal Police". That was it. At first I got really pissed about it then thought about it for a bit and realized it's most likely because local and state police have no jurisdiction over the reservations out here. Only the federal government has such authority to go on a rez. And there are loads of them out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #253
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What if she beat the **** out of a 90 y/o woman and stole her money? Would she deserve to get her ass whipped? Or, what if she was turning out little girls to be prostitutes?
    You have a fundamental flaw in understanding what a justice system is for and what it does. Beating people up isn't a part of that no matter the situation. Defending one's self is about as close as one can come. Sitting on someone and punching them in the face is not defending one's self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #254
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,066

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    You simply are not grasping the concepts here. All police are the same.
    No.. No they are not. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #255
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If my grandmother is crazy enough to go for a walk on a busy freeway and she got tased while resisting police who were trying to remove her....I would be mad at her, not the cops.
    Would you taze your gramma if she was walking in traffic? Even if she resisted?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Where's your source on pedestrian freeway fatalities?
    WTF does that have to do with anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Your source....why does it matter if the tazed person was unarmed? Tazer is less-than-lethal force, legally identical to using mace, am I right? If the perp is armed wouldn't you want a firearm over a tazer?
    Well lets see, 27 people killed by pepper spray in the last 31 years, close to 800 killed by tazing in the last 20(source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray)...hmmmmmm. And I'm just taking a guess here, but I bet there was a LOT more pepper spray used than tazers....

    Your right, unarmed isn't enough information to determine if the tazing was justified, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that a significant percentage of those didn't require tazings, but given the lack of evidence I have to present feel free to chalk that up to opinion.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  6. #256
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What if she beat the **** out of a 90 y/o woman and stole her money? Would she deserve to get her ass whipped? Or, what if she was turning out little girls to be prostitutes?
    Innocence until proven guilty, isn't to protect the guilty, it's there to protect the innocent.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary (or faith) depends upon his not understanding it.”

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Would you taze your gramma if she was walking in traffic? Even if she resisted?
    If I was that cop and that woman was my grandmother I would taze her long before I ever got on top of her and rained down punches.

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    WTF does that have to do with anything?
    Its important to account for all the hazards in that situation and weigh each of them in context to the total situation.

  8. #258
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I've read that before, American. I think the reason is multi. One, people know it's on video; so they can't lie. Two, officers know it's on video and they behave better. I honestly don't know why we don't make it a requirement for every LEO in the USA.
    I can't decide if they should be mandatory or not, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty damning... "Oh, so you CAN restrain yourself in what you would otherwise claim are heated situations when you think the chances of getting caught increases, eh?"
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #259
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

    [ QUOTE=csbrown28;1063505002]Far as the tazer goes....Again, it's all good to "taze the crazy bitch" until that's your 51 year old mother/ aunt/sister whatever, then you'll be pissed she got tazed because she was in insulin shock or having an averse reaction to her medication.

    Grabbing a woman and twisting her arm won't kill her, tazers can and have, especially on older people....Using them like harsh language is going to kill innocent people. Not a lot strictly by the percentages, about 3 out of every thousand are seriously injured, but using tazers indiscriminately as you profess, besides causing unnecessary pain, will kill a few people, some who don't deserved to be killed based on their "crimes".



    Another report I read, but can't substantiate is another ~500 people have died from tazer use since 2011.....I presume the number of tazings has risen, rather than they have become more lethal.

    Were these all unjustified? Of course not, but I'm certain that some were and it will only get worse unless the culture of militarizing the police along with a lack of mental and physical training.[/QUOTE]
    how pissed would you be if the cop didn't do everything necessary to stop your crazy ass mother from getting killed in traffic or causing a wreck that killed others? Would we be talking about lawsuits for a cop that didn't do all he could do to restrain a woman walking into traffic on the freeway and evading arrest?

  10. #260
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I think the reasons are probably: money, storage space and opposition by local police/law enforcement unions. Worker unions aren't the only people who oppose things ya know firefighters, police officers and healthcare professionals have their own unions and they tend to get away with blocking a lot of **** too.
    Yeah, I'd bet those unions fighting for the jobs of those accused of wrong-doing would just hate having video evidence.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •