Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #191
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    "the refusal to accept or comply with something; the attempt to prevent something by action or argument."

    The refusal to "the refusal to accept or comply with something", something equalling getting your face getting beaten in!

    WOW, GREAT LINK!

    Thanks for Supporting My Argument !
    Except that wasn't really what happened, given that the woman received no injuries, even to her face. He stopped punching her as soon as her guard dropped. This seems to indicate that he was using the punches to break her defensive stance so he could actually get a hold of her in order to arrest her. Otherwise, a 190 lb man (who likely has some pretty decent punching strength) punching a 140lb woman (estimating both weights, just know the guy was bigger than that woman) would have caused actual injuries to her by punching her in the face or the head about 10 times.

    The outrage to this is honestly due to the "shocking the public consciousness". This is not something the public thinks about happening, so it is "shocking" to see something like this.

    I asked before and didn't get an answer from anyone. What if the cop had only hit her one or two times? What if it was a man rather than a woman in the same circumstances? What if the genders were switched completely? What if it was a civilian (of either gender) who was trying to "save" the woman, who then started hitting the civilian "helper" and that civilian did the same thing to the woman? Would the reaction from the public have been so bad if the same thing had resulted, no actual injury to the person?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #192
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except that wasn't really what happened, given that the woman received no injuries, even to her face. He stopped punching her as soon as her guard dropped. This seems to indicate that he was using the punches to break her defensive stance so he could actually get a hold of her in order to arrest her. Otherwise, a 190 lb man (who likely has some pretty decent punching strength) punching a 140lb woman (estimating both weights, just know the guy was bigger than that woman) would have caused actual injuries to her by punching her in the face or the head about 10 times.

    The outrage to this is honestly due to the "shocking the public consciousness". This is not something the public thinks about happening, so it is "shocking" to see something like this.

    I asked before and didn't get an answer from anyone. What if the cop had only hit her one or two times? What if it was a man rather than a woman in the same circumstances? What if the genders were switched completely? What if it was a civilian (of either gender) who was trying to "save" the woman, who then started hitting the civilian "helper" and that civilian did the same thing to the woman? Would the reaction from the public have been so bad if the same thing had resulted, no actual injury to the person?
    So far as I am aware, we don't know the answers to most of that yet.

    I
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Except that wasn't really what happened, given that the woman received no injuries, even to her face. He stopped punching her as soon as her guard dropped. This seems to indicate that he was using the punches to break her defensive stance so he could actually get a hold of her in order to arrest her. Otherwise, a 190 lb man (who likely has some pretty decent punching strength) punching a 140lb woman (estimating both weights, just know the guy was bigger than that woman) would have caused actual injuries to her by punching her in the face or the head about 10 times.

    The outrage to this is honestly due to the "shocking the public consciousness". This is not something the public thinks about happening, so it is "shocking" to see something like this.

    I asked before and didn't get an answer from anyone. What if the cop had only hit her one or two times? What if it was a man rather than a woman in the same circumstances? What if the genders were switched completely? What if it was a civilian (of either gender) who was trying to "save" the woman, who then started hitting the civilian "helper" and that civilian did the same thing to the woman? Would the reaction from the public have been so bad if the same thing had resulted, no actual injury to the person?
    50lbs pounds of pure muscle makes a big difference.

    When I was ~142 pounds I held a guy's arms (individual) who EASILY weighed 250+ pounds in my hands, who was on top of me and willing to smash my face in arm-to-arm and he couldn't touch me because I held his fists as bay. Not because I was smarter, not because I was braver, not because of superior technique, but because my body had learned to from previous experience (getting jumped by +10 people) to dump ENERMOUS amounts of adrenline in my system.

    To this very day I cannot THINK, sincerely, I'm going to get into a fight and then the opposition backs down without getting a tremendous down-swing of adrenline causing me to be sick, puke and angry for 30-90 minutes.

    I would literally rather get the **** kicked out of me by 4 guys than have some punk bitch make me think I'm about to get in a fight, have my adrenline pump (and it always does full stream when I start) AND THEN back out. I cannot describe it to you, but it's like getting the severity of the flu crunched into an extremely short time horizon (30-90 minutes, as I said).

    ANYWAYS:

    "I asked before and didn't get an answer from anyone. What if the cop had only hit her one or two times?"

    He didn't. So how does that have absolutely any ****ing bearing on this discussion? I can understand why No One responded to it. It's ****ing stupid.

    "What if the genders were switched completely?"

    Then the weight difference probably would have justified the additional use of force.

    But to put it in a Feminist perspective:

    #Biologyisn'treal-creationismftw!

    "What if it was a civilian (of either gender) who was trying to "save" the woman, who then started hitting the civilian "helper" and that civilian did the same thing to the woman? "

    What if a Pixy flew in and turned the Police Officer into a Pig!??!

    Stupid Questions.

    You should learn to Think before you type.

  4. #194
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    So far as I am aware, we don't know the answers to most of that yet.

    I
    Most of what yet? We know that the woman was not injured. This has been reported already.

    Video shows California Highway Patriol officer punching woman on Los Angeles freeway - WXYZ.com

    "O'Quinn says the woman, who would not give her name, was not injured and is undergoing psychiatric evaluation."

    The questions were actually looking for what the reactions would have been had those other things been part of the situation or what occurred. It is to show that this is much more about the "shock" factor to the public than about what actually occurred. It may very well have been unwarranted, but the majority of the public reaction isn't really even taking into account the actual event and saying from just the bit of video we have that this was unwarranted. They aren't even taking into account the fact that the cop could not possibly have been throwing full force punches if she wasn't injured at all. That means he didn't just "lose control", because he had to be controlling at least a little to have not thrown punches that would do injury.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #195
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,918

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Moderator's Warning:
    Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]Moderator action is pending.

    In the meantime, the trolling, personal comments and baiting need to stop now. Those who make off-topic and baiting remarks after this point, risk being booted, possibly with points.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]Moderator action is pending.

    In the meantime, the trolling, personal comments and baiting need to stop now. Those who make off-topic and baiting remarks after this point, risk being booted, possibly with points.
    Oh yes, because expressing our opinions we're trolling.

    Hell, I'll probably be banned for trolling an admin:

    Ignoring the fact I can just scramble my IP and come back up a different name and avatar

  7. #197
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    50lbs pounds of pure muscle makes a big difference.

    When I was ~142 pounds I held a guy's arms (individual) who EASILY weighed 250+ pounds in my hands, who was on top of me and willing to smash my face in arm-to-arm and he couldn't touch me because I held his fists as bay. Not because I was smarter, not because I was braver, not because of superior technique, but because my body had learned to from previous experience (getting jumped by +10 people) to dump ENERMOUS amounts of adrenline in my system.

    To this very day I cannot THINK, sincerely, I'm going to get into a fight and then the opposition backs down without getting a tremendous down-swing of adrenline causing me to be sick, puke and angry for 30-90 minutes.

    I would literally rather get the **** kicked out of me by 4 guys than have some punk bitch make me think I'm about to get in a fight, have my adrenline pump (and it always does full stream when I start) AND THEN back out. I cannot describe it to you, but it's like getting the severity of the flu crunched into an extremely short time horizon (30-90 minutes, as I said).

    ANYWAYS:

    "I asked before and didn't get an answer from anyone. What if the cop had only hit her one or two times?"

    He didn't. So how does that have absolutely any ****ing bearing on this discussion? I can understand why No One responded to it. It's ****ing stupid.

    "What if the genders were switched completely?"

    Then the weight difference probably would have justified the additional use of force.

    But to put it in a Feminist perspective:

    #Biologyisn'treal-creationismftw!

    "What if it was a civilian (of either gender) who was trying to "save" the woman, who then started hitting the civilian "helper" and that civilian did the same thing to the woman? "

    What if a Pixy flew in and turned the Police Officer into a Pig!??!

    Stupid Questions.

    You should learn to Think before you type.
    I thought about these very thoroughly.

    The first one points out that many of those punches didn't hit her face or head, but rather her hands and arms, and still did not cause injury even to those. Any punches to her head and face also did not cause injury (as is being reported right now) eventhough we can see that he would have been able to injure her severely given the size difference, the mental awareness differences, and the physical ability differences between them, yet he didn't. He stopped as soon as it appeared that he could actually restrain her, even when she hit him a few more times as the other officer showed up.

    The next one is to point out that a scrawny, crazy man isn't going to be any more likely to have an advantage over a CHP officer (or this CHP officer at least) than this woman.

    The last one, which you completely ignored was pointing out that the public outrage to this is more due to this being a male police officer (not sure which is more "shocking") than the repeated punching itself.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I thought about these very thoroughly.

    The first one points out that many of those punches didn't hit her face or head, but rather her hands and arms, and still did not cause injury even to those. Any punches to her head and face also did not cause injury (as is being reported right now) eventhough we can see that he would have been able to injure her severely given the size difference, the mental awareness differences, and the physical ability differences between them, yet he didn't. He stopped as soon as it appeared that he could actually restrain her, even when she hit him a few more times as the other officer showed up.

    The next one is to point out that a scrawny, crazy man isn't going to be any more likely to have an advantage over a CHP officer (or this CHP officer at least) than this woman.

    The last one, which you completely ignored was pointing out that the public outrage to this is more due to this being a male police officer (not sure which is more "shocking") than the repeated punching itself.
    "even when she hit him a few more times as the other officer showed up. "

    Self-Defense = Illegal in the United States.

    God, I can't wait to dump all my college loan debts on this ****hole and move back to Nicaragua.

    As ****ed up as we are, at least you can defend yourself.

    "The last one, which you completely ignored was pointing out that the public outrage to this is more due to this being a male police officer (not sure which is more "shocking") than the repeated punching itself."

    I'm sorry, I have an Actual Constitution about me that Precludes me from Beating Women but allows me to Beat the Dog **** out of Full Grown Men.

    Must be My Piss-Poor Up-Bringing.

    Anyways, I'll probably get banned from this thread since the admins seem to have a hard-on for me.

  9. #199
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    ok, the police and the women are both innocent.

    Let's turn your question around and back to you:

    Do you give the same "innocent until proven guilty" consideration to all, or just anyone not a police officer?

    We don't know the full story. What we know is what the media has reported. I prefer to wait until the investigation is done.
    Even then investigations need to be looked at with a critical eye to ensure it represents just the facts and the conclusions are supported by the facts.
    That's great, but the person I was interacting with and I have already been through all that. I'm just trying find out if he routinely and reflexively gives suspects the same noble-sounding benefit of the doubt that he gives police officers as he is doing in this case.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    I'm not at all convinced that she is not injured.
    Marlene Pinnock. is being held for psychiatric and physical observation and they will not even let her family see her.
    CHP is saying she was not injured.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •