Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #181
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, they didn't get their asses kicked because they were behaving...that's just reality.
    There's always a reason. That doesn't mean it's always an acceptable reason.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Define resistance.
    http://www.google.com/search?client=....3.k58YqUpGdm0

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Hmm..

    If "resisting" = "instinctual protection of my face from punches", then whoever came up with that bull**** definition....words fail.
    Running from the cop, pushing against his effort to get you off the freeway, not letting him cuff you...

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't want to see lies, and so I don't see them, that's true. I don't see racism, I don't see excessive force. I see a woman walking on a freeway and resisting a cop trying to stop her. That's all there is to it.
    We just disagree then. Please don't tell me you are a police officer?

  5. #185
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Running from the cop, pushing against his effort to get you off the freeway, not letting him cuff you...
    All that would be a form of resistance.

    Covering your face against punches is not.

    If you're going to argue that covering of the face while a cop punches it = not letting the cop cuff you, I'm going to laugh directly in your face.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    "the refusal to accept or comply with something; the attempt to prevent something by action or argument."

    The refusal to "the refusal to accept or comply with something", something equalling getting your face getting beaten in!

    WOW, GREAT LINK!

    Thanks for Supporting My Argument !

  7. #187
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Since you've never had your ass kicked by a cop, do you think it might have something to do with you not giving them a reason to kick your ass?
    Ya know. I thought maybe it was me. I thought maybe I failed to post my question. But, no, no, I checked three times the question is clearly there.

    Take three...

    Do you give the same "innocent until proven guilty" consideration to all, or just the police?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    All that would be a form of resistance.

    Covering your face against punches is not.

    If you're going to argue that covering of the face while a cop punches it = not letting the cop cuff you, I'm going to laugh directly in your face.
    I never argued that covering of the face was resistance. I was referring to her not letting him cuff her.

  9. #189
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I never argued that covering of the face was resistance. I was referring to her not letting him cuff her.
    Since the only thing in my post (which you were responding to) was me specifically referencing her covering her face, I assumed you were responding to that.

    Apparently my post was just a convenient springboard.

    My mistake.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #190
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,043

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Ya know. I thought maybe it was me. I thought maybe I failed to post my question. But, no, no, I checked three times the question is clearly there.

    Take three...

    Do you give the same "innocent until proven guilty" consideration to all, or just the police?
    ok, the police and the women are both innocent.

    Let's turn your question around and back to you:

    Do you give the same "innocent until proven guilty" consideration to all, or just anyone not a police officer?

    We don't know the full story. What we know is what the media has reported. I prefer to wait until the investigation is done.
    Even then investigations need to be looked at with a critical eye to ensure it represents just the facts and the conclusions are supported by the facts.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •