Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 319

Thread: Driver records CHP officer punching woman[W:195]

  1. #121
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    There is no difference.

    If you look like a troublemaker, you will be hassled.

    You are saying you are hassled just because you are latino. Why don't you tell us all the other reasons you have been hassled.
    You know, I never thought about that...every time I have been ticketed or stopped by a LEO (mostly PA State Troopers, actually), I kinda just assume they have a good reason unless shown otherwise.

    This may not be how everyone views cops....
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #122
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,435

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Implying there's no difference between nation's law enforcement?

    I think we're done here.

    EDIT: We are done here*
    Come on think now. There was a question to you in my post. What did you do to get hassled? It doesn't happen to every latino so what was special about you?

    I bet it was your appearance or your attitude. If your postings here are any indication of how you interact with cops, I bet it was your attitude that caused the hassle.

    By the way I am American and I know a lot about cops as I had lived in LA county for most of my life.

  3. #123
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,435

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You know, I never thought about that...every time I have been ticketed or stopped by a LEO (mostly PA State Troopers, actually), I kinda just assume they have a good reason unless shown otherwise.

    This may not be how everyone views cops....
    I got stopped a lot for speeding on the highway. I was speeding every time. I got stopped in many different states and I only had on smart ass answer from one cop in Idaho.

    When I was 16 on up I purposely drove cars that would not call attention from cops. I had old Cadillacs and an old hearse that I drove for 2 years with tags that were expired 7 years without a second glance in California.

    My buddies in school always complained about getting stopped in their Camaros and Mustangs.

    Being that we were all the same age, why did they get stopped and I didn't?

  4. #124
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I got stopped a lot for speeding on the highway. I was speeding every time. I got stopped in many different states and I only had on smart ass answer from one cop in Idaho.

    When I was 16 on up I purposely drove cars that would not call attention from cops. I had old Cadillacs and an old hearse that I drove for 2 years with tags that were expired 7 years without a second glance in California.

    My buddies in school always complained about getting stopped in their Camaros and Mustangs.

    Being that we were all the same age, why did they get stopped and I didn't?
    I talked my early 20s son into buying a '92 Mercury Marquis. He needed a car and there wasn't much available in his price range. He drove it for a year and a half and afterward admitted he was invisible to the cops.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,435

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I talked my early 20s son into buying a '92 Mercury Marquis. He needed a car and there wasn't much available in his price range. He drove it for a year and a half and afterward admitted he was invisible to the cops.
    That is the way to go, however it all depends on how you drive it.

    My father bought a new '95 Cadillac STS with the Northstar engine. He left LA and got to Las Vegas in 2.5 hours. He averaged 150 MPH all the way.

    On his tail the whole time was a Mercury Grand Marquis doing the same speed. I guess it holds, because they didn't get stopped in their old man cars.

  6. #126
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    There is no difference.

    If you look like a troublemaker, you will be hassled.

    You are saying you are hassled just because you are latino. Why don't you tell us all the other reasons you have been hassled.
    Yeah, people--regardless of race--don't get picked on by the cops because they're behaving and minding their own business...LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,435

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, people--regardless of race--don't get picked on by the cops because they're behaving and minding their own business...LOL!!!
    I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,670

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sometimes there's an excuse for harsh treatment of a subject.
    There are (legitimate) excuses for continuing to beat or harm someone after they stop resisting?

    Let's hear some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,670

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This may be a case of assault on an officer.
    Does that mean the officer is allowed to continue beating on someone if they are no longer resisting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,670

    Re: Driver records CHP officer punching woman

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There's no way you can say that with any certainty, based on a video that's only a few seconds long.
    What are circumstances that justify continued physical force when the threat has stopped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •