Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 132

Thread: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, that is not what I'm saying. What I am saying that they will not get the tax credits (ie the ACA subsidy) that ACA makes available. What they are getting is the same subsidy they have always received. In the US, employers are allowed to provide their employees with money to pay their health care premiums. Before ACA, the employer of these Congress members (ie the fed govt) paid them a subsidy to buy insurance. After ACA, their emploter is paying a them a subsidy to buy insurance.

    IOW, ACA had nothing to do with the subsidy they are receiving. They received it before ACA, and the will continue to receive it after ACA. The only change ACA made is that they will now buy their insurance through the exchange, instead of buying it through FEHP.


    In other words, they are dong this in violation of the law.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    Actually, spelling has never been a strong part of my communication. Sister Mary Margaret would weep every time she need to review a lesson I'd submit. Auto correct and spell check are great crutches for my writing in this place or any other.

    As for your superior grasp of anything, only you can be the judge of your grasp of the world. The young always seem to think they have a superior grasp of all things.

    Perhaps this is why the decisions they make are always wise, thoughtful and kind.
    Yes, I love how the old always use the "Young" excuse when the paradigm is changing to hold onto their antedeluvian views.

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    Yes, I love how the old always use the "Young" excuse when the paradigm is changing to hold onto their antedeluvian views.


    While I'm old enough to have witnessed and survived many floods, I'm not quite old enough to have experienced and survived THE flood.

    People who are older were once young and have witnessed both their own youth's evolving passions and actions and the ideas and changing beliefs of other youths across many years. I celebrate youth in the same way that I celebrate all things comprised primarily of potential.

    That said, if you are possessed of the notion that you are "the smartest man in the room", there is nothing that I would presume to say to affect that notion. However, you may want to find a room with a higher population.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  4. #124
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    In other words, they are dong this in violation of the law.
    Wrong again. ACA doesn't say anything about how the Fed govt compensates the members of congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Wrong again. ACA doesn't say anything about how the Fed govt compensates the members of congress.


    So this is additional pay subject to income tax?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  6. #126
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    So this is additional pay subject to income tax?
    No, it is compensation directed towards providing the employee with health care. Under the tax code that has existed since long before ACA, that form of compensation is non-taxable.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    While I'm old enough to have witnessed and survived many floods, I'm not quite old enough to have experienced and survived THE flood.

    People who are older were once young and have witnessed both their own youth's evolving passions and actions and the ideas and changing beliefs of other youths across many years. I celebrate youth in the same way that I celebrate all things comprised primarily of potential.

    That said, if you are possessed of the notion that you are "the smartest man in the room", there is nothing that I would presume to say to affect that notion. However, you may want to find a room with a higher population.
    "That said, if you are possessed of the notion that you are "the smartest man in the room", "

    Assumptions:

    You make an ass out you and... well not ME this time, that's for sure.

    If you follow my posts, and I understand it's a time consuming and onerous task so you wouldn't (I wouldn't follow anyone elses either, friend or foe, even if: you should hold your enemies closer), you'll see when I'm *wrong* I ****ing own up to it. Because study is based on being wrong and in some cases correct.

    Like I said, I *was* a Libertarian and Marxist-Leninist and those were both wrong, I owned up to it and Changed my view. And I'm, to this day, continuing to do the same.

    Some people are more precocious than others, either by an extreme amount or a marginal kind.
    Last edited by Buddha C; 07-06-14 at 06:31 PM.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    "That said, if you are possessed of the notion that you are "the smartest man in the room", "

    Assumptions:

    You make an ass out you and... well not ME this time, that's for sure.

    If you follow my posts, and I understand it's a time consuming and onerous task so you wouldn't (I wouldn't follow anyone elses either, friend or foe, even if: you should hold your enemies closer), you'll see when I'm *wrong* I ****ing own up to it. Because study is based on being wrong and in some cases correct.

    Like I said, I *was* a Libertarian and Marxist-Leninist and those were both wrong, I owned up to it and Changed my view. And I'm, to this day, continuing to do the same.

    Some people are more precocious than others, either by an extreme amount or a marginal kind.



    I would expect and hope that you try on various and wide ranging attitudes and beliefs to see what fits you best.

    I sounds as if you're off to a good start.

    In my case, after the various forays into various mind sets, there was was one that was there for me all along. Waiting.

    I would imagine this has been true for others and I would imagine that it is not true for others.

    I would also imagine that there are those who strive to be something they are not and that they suffer as a result.

    I remember I hopped on a bus once and fell into conversation with a gentleman who it turned out in later years was a professor of mine in college, a wise and learned man published many times. Still, he took the time to speak with me.

    In the midst of that initial conversation on the bus he suddenly rocked back in his chair with a wide smile and laugh and cried, "Oh, to be a boy again: A care free prince of joy again." I thought he was crazy.

    I suspect that you think I am dismissive of you, and some ways I am, but mostly I envy you as you are on the upside of the exploration that will reveal you to yourself.

    This is a magnificent ordeal you partaking in. Don't get ahead of yourself. Relish the learning. Be kind. Be curious.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Last Seen
    11-15-16 @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,532

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by code1211 View Post
    I would expect and hope that you try on various and wide ranging attitudes and beliefs to see what fits you best.

    I sounds as if you're off to a good start.

    In my case, after the various forays into various mind sets, there was was one that was there for me all along. Waiting.

    I would imagine this has been true for others and I would imagine that it is not true for others.

    I would also imagine that there are those who strive to be something they are not and that they suffer as a result.

    I remember I hopped on a bus once and fell into conversation with a gentleman who it turned out in later years was a professor of mine in college, a wise and learned man published many times. Still, he took the time to speak with me.

    In the midst of that initial conversation on the bus he suddenly rocked back in his chair with a wide smile and laugh and cried, "Oh, to be a boy again: A care free prince of joy again." I thought he was crazy.

    I suspect that you think I am dismissive of you, and some ways I am, but mostly I envy you as you are on the upside of the exploration that will reveal you to yourself.

    This is a magnificent ordeal you partaking in. Don't get ahead of yourself. Relish the learning. Be kind. Be curious.
    "In the midst of that initial conversation on the bus he suddenly rocked back in his chair with a wide smile and laugh and cried, "Oh, to be a boy again: A care free prince of joy again." I thought he was crazy.

    I suspect that you think I am dismissive of you, and some ways I am, but mostly I envy you as you are on the upside of the exploration that will reveal you to yourself.

    This is a magnificent ordeal you partaking in. Don't get ahead of yourself. Relish the learning. Be kind. Be curious."

    I find it discomforting that you could ensconce yourself with your Professors.

    One time I asked a Professor something, and he told me a Lie I believed and I asked another Professor the same question, the second Professor whom had atleast 3 degrees in subjects besides Economics, and he told me my first professor was "blowing smoke out of his ass."

    I have paid a Huge amount of money to have Professors blow smoke out of their asses. I do not rely on Professors anymore, I merely rely on myself, my Interpretations and the factual contentions people can assert against me.

    I learned, at a young age, the hard way. And I will Never forget that lessons.

    I'm sorry as such a Young and Old age you were dissauded from the Truth, I really am. It's not your fault. You lived in a time when the end of Human Life was on Brink of Occuring. No one can ever fault you for that.

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,589

    Re: New York Healthcare Premiums Are About To Explode

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha C View Post
    "In the midst of that initial conversation on the bus he suddenly rocked back in his chair with a wide smile and laugh and cried, "Oh, to be a boy again: A care free prince of joy again." I thought he was crazy.

    I suspect that you think I am dismissive of you, and some ways I am, but mostly I envy you as you are on the upside of the exploration that will reveal you to yourself.

    This is a magnificent ordeal you partaking in. Don't get ahead of yourself. Relish the learning. Be kind. Be curious."

    I find it discomforting that you could ensconce yourself with your Professors.

    One time I asked a Professor something, and he told me a Lie I believed and I asked another Professor the same question, the second Professor whom had atleast 3 degrees in subjects besides Economics, and he told me my first professor was "blowing smoke out of his ass."

    I have paid a Huge amount of money to have Professors blow smoke out of their asses. I do not rely on Professors anymore, I merely rely on myself, my Interpretations and the factual contentions people can assert against me.

    I learned, at a young age, the hard way. And I will Never forget that lessons.

    I'm sorry as such a Young and Old age you were dissauded from the Truth, I really am. It's not your fault. You lived in a time when the end of Human Life was on Brink of Occuring. No one can ever fault you for that.


    The professor was an authority on literature and contemporary humorous writing. Of course, contemporary at that time was less so.

    As with many talented professors, he led me to the door of learning and let me walk through it. He taught me to appreciate the value of a well turned phrase and well constructed novel. He taught with humor, optimism and energy. You'd have been well served to have been in one of his classes.

    You seem to have more animosity than might be healthy for you. You'll need to be careful of that.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •