Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 664

Thread: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

  1. #81
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    For some who believe this issue has also recently exploded due to Obama might also want to read up on NAFTA and the long term effects. This is a rather older artice but I think it still shows some of the effects we are seeing even now:

    Illegal Immigration and NAFTA | Economy In Crisis


    One of the largely overlooked aspects of the North American Free Trade Agreement is the fact that the failed trade pact has been the catalyst for the massive increase in illegal immigration over the past two decades or so.
    An influx of highly subsidized corn flooding the Mexican market has displaced millions of rural farmers, according to McClatchy Newspapers. Prior to the implementation of NAFTA, Mexican officials claimed that factory jobs would fill the void left by disappearing work on family farms.

    Mexican officials had promised that NAFTA would result in the “export of goods, not people.” That, however, has turned out to be far from reality.

    Since NAFTA was signed into law, illegal immigrants in the U.S. has increased to 12 million today from 3.9 million in 1993, accounting for an overall increase of over 300 percent. According to the Pew Hispanic Center, 57 percent of those entering the country illegally are from Mexico.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  2. #82
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Obviously, you're wrong. The invasion of illegal aliens from failed countries has had a massive detrimental impact on our economy here. It's contribution to our economic challenges can be correlated to this huge influx.

    What you describe from before changed when the legal migrants decided not to return to their countries as they had before. Once they learned they could stay and extract more treasure from this country, they came in massive waves. Every illegal is a net drain on the economy, burning through multiples of economic output in return for a grain of economic input. As a Nation, we learned very long ago that our future depended on a sound immigration policy which sought to control. Not every failure culture can be accommodated here. Not even our own.

    If one is low skilled, and has no relatives here, they have not business coming here illegally. The Elon Musks of the world will always find a way. The self centered illegal peasant should not.
    The leading cause of the "invasion" is 18 years of the ill effects of NAFTA, a treaty that had bi-partisan support, further demonstration that neither party is interested in border security.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #83
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Bitch all you want, but it's coming and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it.
    BS. It will be stopped. The Progressive Machine agenda is already dead in the water, it just hasn't sunk in to it's followers.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    For some who believe this issue has also recently exploded due to Obama might also want to read up on NAFTA and the long term effects. This is a rather older artice but I think it still shows some of the effects we are seeing even now:

    Illegal Immigration and NAFTA | Economy In Crisis
    There you go! And by the way, Ross Perot was right, and mainstream democrats and republicans need to be kicked to the curb.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 07-02-14 at 03:29 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Immigrants don't just "take jobs", they create them. We know why illegal immigration has spiraled out of control, and it has nothing to do with the border, and everything to do with our laws. Because under Eisenhower, this wasn't a problem, and only started to become a problem once we tore down his program. Follow the history.
    Ike also did not have to deal with our current welfare system either. Nor was he dealing with decades of outsourcing. Nor an ineffective broken education system. Etc, Etc. Simply put, the conditions in the US and the World that Ike dealt with is not the conditions of today. Ike was when America stood against socialism, not after 50+ years of continuous systematic introduction of socialist ideas into our government. In other words, Ike was before America was crippled and damaged by Liberal policy. If you want to "Follow the History", then take in all of it, not just a small part that you want to see.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #86
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The leading cause of the "invasion" is 18 years of the ill effects of NAFTA, a treaty that had bi-partisan support, further demonstration that neither party is interested in border security.
    NAFTA was bad trade policy, and has had a detrimental impact on manufacturing in the U.S.. The continued illegal invasion of the United States supported and encouraged by the Obama Administration and it's backers and supporters has nothing to do with it.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    There you go!
    Nah.....here is one of the Problems Monte.




    Do you think they should be telling people.....they aren't committing a crime? How about a little Hardball Diplomacy and telling Mexico to turn off their Spiket on their Southern Border? Do you think we can start from there. To start stemming the tide?


  8. #88
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    NAFTA was bad trade policy, and has had a detrimental impact on manufacturing in the U.S.. The continued illegal invasion of the United States supported and encouraged by the Obama Administration and it's backers and supporters has nothing to do with it.
    That's ridiculous, americanwoman provided documentation and there's plenty more. Your hatred for Obama is clouding your ability to be objective and acknowledge that both parties own our failed border security problem, neither of them having done a damn thing to secure our borders beyond window dressing. And partisan finger pointing won't accomplish it either.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #89
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah.....here is one of the Problems Monte.




    Do you think they should be telling people.....they aren't committing a crime? How about a little Hardball Diplomacy and telling Mexico to turn off their Spiket on their Southern Border? Do you think we can start from there. To start stemming the tide?

    But I agree, that is one of the problems, however, I'm shocked you would deny that NAFTA is also a problem and has been a factor in driving these people to our borders to begin with!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #90
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's ridiculous, americanwoman provided documentation and there's plenty more. Your hatred for Obama is clouding your ability to be objective and acknowledge that both parties own our failed border security problem, neither of them having done a damn thing to secure our borders beyond window dressing. And partisan finger pointing won't accomplish it either.
    It's a conspiracy!!

    I have already uncovered the super secret Obama is really a Mexican plot here:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063284576
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •