Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 664

Thread: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

  1. #451
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,671

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The illegal employers who are providing the draw for them being here, or the illegal aliens?
    this is a strawman. it has nothing to do with what i said or even comes close, but typical when you can't support the argument.

    As I said, I'm for enforcing our border AND interior enforcement. Sheesh, the reason the GOP really, really wants amnesty, same as democrats, is cheap foreign labor is good for business. If you want to do some good as a movement, that's the place where we can make real progress. I've heard of people trying to work in Germany for example. You can't GIVE A SPEECH there without a work permit, can't get paid 5 cents. And it's enforced.

    Here, I can get in my car, drive to the first nice neighborhood, and I'll find a dozen employers of illegals in that neighborhood. As many illegal employers as there are yard crews, most likely. You know what - I don't blame the people mowing lawns and getting paid low wages. I blame the employers who make money off their labor, and who are why that guy mowing lawns is here.
    evidently no one is enforcing anything otherwise in just several months we wouldn't have gotten 250k plus illegals in centers around the US.

    i don't know very many GOP that want amnesty in fact they have sided against amnesty time and time again and a big reason why obama can't get his immagration bill pushed through.

  2. #452
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,288

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If you want to have a civil discussion, you might not brush 12 million with the crimes of a few. We've got a few native born gang bangers and these kids are in many cases FLEEING gangs. And all these people are getting screened - we're not moving known gang bangers into houses in Idaho.

    Many of them ARE in Gangs and specifically their tied into the Central American Gang MS13.

    And sorry, I'm not particularly confident in this administrations abilities to " Screen " anyone let alone Hundreds of thousands of Central American illegal aliens.

    The Obama administration lies....ALLOT.

    Many of these kids are unaccompanied minors, with no family here and that means they're prime candidates for the already existing street gangs.

  3. #453
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    "I hate the government but I love the lines they draw in the sand."

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What advantage is it to him to overwhelm the system? So he can harden the position of the GOP and make any immigration bill so toxic that nothing can pass for a generation? That's how this crisis is unfolding for Obama now. If he's playing 11 dimensional chess by ginning up a crisis, it's failing miserably to help him get to his goals.

    If he was smart, he'd want a peaceful, stable border. Same reason when Bush decided to push for 'reform' he decided to crack down on the border, not open it up. That's what a cynical politician does, then when the amnesty passes, THAT is when you cut ICE by half if you want to bring down the U.S. of A. and make it into a third world state so Obama becomes dictator for life, etc.
    It's no advantage for Barrack Obama to personally overwhelm the system, he's made no matter what happens. But we are talking ideology here from a "Community Organizer's" perspective. It seems to me that everyone is being critical of him for different reasons, even his most ardent leftist supporters, but few have realized that he is doing this deliberately, which is Occam's Razor at play.

    Forget about George Bush. This is an entirely different game that's being played and it should be understood that it's not about Republican or Democrat anymore, it's about America's future and how people of different political points of view want to change it. They feel they are doing it for the world's good, but it should be understood that BHO wasn't kidding about Change..

    Obama's agenda: Overwhelm the system | Las Vegas Review-Journal

    Cloward

  5. #455
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't get it either. Obama isn't up for election, so which Congressmen or women from which states are more likely to win elections if there is a bunch of children from S. America coming across the border?


    People can't be this obtuse.

    Immigration Reform is going to be the issue this election cycle. This invasion has clearly been planned to bring this issue to the forefront. It will be a Democratic Party talking point, and it has the added benefit of sweeping all the outrageous controversies off the front pages.

  6. #456
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I followed the link. They did in fact issue this request. Can you explain why this is somehow suspicious? I checked and ICE has been apprehending UAC (unaccompanied alien children) at the border for quite some time, years and years, about 20,000 per year from 09-12, and 30,000 in FY 13. Many of those are still here in custody, and need transportation AND housing, etc. as their cases wind through the system. So what's unusual about a contract to deal with an existing problem, that admittedly got worse in 2014, and which they probably anticipated would get worse, given deteriorating conditions in S. America?

    BTW, the RFP says, and I quote, "There will be approximately 65,000 UAC in total: 25% local ground transport, 25% via ICE charter and 50% via commercial air." That's poorly written and therefore unclear, but seems to imply a TOTAL number in custody needing transportation of 65k. We'll exceed that easily based on current rates. It could be referring to an estimated 65,000 total trips, which doesn't seem very high, given each UAC in custody could require up to a half dozen different trips per year. Border > temp detention > long term > court > back to detention > transport to permanent home or back to S. America. Etc.

    Anyway, I need you to explain why this RFP is somehow proof Obama planned this whole thing.

    You need a lot more than that. Blinders removed, objectivity transfusion, etc..

    Do you think that ad was placed on some whim? How many months of discussions and meeting took place before they actually came up with a standard protocol for a contractor to follow. What sign offs took place before the ad was posted? Since the ad involved the very agencies dealing with the issue right now, do you think they had some discussion regarding what to do to house all these people? Do you think there was some discussion about the impact on operating budgets given the massive increase in the number of invaders?

    If you learned 30 people you didn't know were coming to live with you, whether you liked it or not, would you start building a new room addition, or do something to stop them from coming?

    There is nothing I can do to persuade someone who is so completely off the rails, all logic and rational thought have disappeared.

  7. #457
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,340

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If you want to have a civil discussion, you might not brush 12 million with the crimes of a few. We've got a few native born gang bangers and these kids are in many cases FLEEING gangs. And all these people are getting screened - we're not moving known gang bangers into houses in Idaho.
    Jasper, every one of those 12 + million are have committed a crime as their first act in the US.

    They are not getting screened. Rather they are being released to family or other guardians while awaiting screening. Prior to this crisis, the show up rate for those released pending hearing is was less than 10%. There is every reason to believe that the rate will be less for the current illegals.

  8. #458
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,340

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    People can't be this obtuse.

    Immigration Reform is going to be the issue this election cycle. This invasion has clearly been planned to bring this issue to the forefront. It will be a Democratic Party talking point, and it has the added benefit of sweeping all the outrageous controversies off the front pages.
    How can the Democrats possibly believe that the talking point will be in their favor?

    If the Republicans are smart, and I'm not saying they are, they will do a takeoff on Newts contract with America, and develop a contract on America, and list all the failures of the current administration. Keep them all on the front pages.

  9. #459
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You need a lot more than that. Blinders removed, objectivity transfusion, etc..

    Do you think that ad was placed on some whim? How many months of discussions and meeting took place before they actually came up with a standard protocol for a contractor to follow. What sign offs took place before the ad was posted? Since the ad involved the very agencies dealing with the issue right now, do you think they had some discussion regarding what to do to house all these people? Do you think there was some discussion about the impact on operating budgets given the massive increase in the number of invaders?

    If you learned 30 people you didn't know were coming to live with you, whether you liked it or not, would you start building a new room addition, or do something to stop them from coming?

    There is nothing I can do to persuade someone who is so completely off the rails, all logic and rational thought have disappeared.
    Excellent post! I like it that you put it on a personal level - good analogy - because it will become personal for many people, like it or not! Planned chaos to further an agenda will have repercussions, and were already seeing how people react to that...they don't approve! American people, for the most part, are good-hearted and generous, but don't push us too far! This is our Country first, and we pay the taxes that keep it functioning, so we do have a say in things! The sooner DC understands that simple fact, the better off we'll all be.

    Good morning, ocean515.

  10. #460
    Advisor 29A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Last Seen
    02-12-15 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    450

    Re: Protesters block buses carrying undocumented immigrants in California

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    They are not getting screened. Rather they are being released to family or other guardians while awaiting screening.
    The HHS site on Unaccompanied Children Frequently Asked Questions says the following:

    When children come into the Department of Health and Human Services program, they are given a well-child exam and given all needed childhood vaccinations to protect against communicable diseases. They are also screened for tuberculosis, and receive a mental health exam. If children are determined to have any communicable disease or have been exposed to a communicable disease, they are placed in a program or facility that has the capacity to quarantine. If they have mental health problems, they are similarly placed in a specialized facility to meet their needs and not in a temporary shelter.
    Unaccompanied Children Frequently Asked Questions | Administration for Children and Families

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •