Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Iran has been a dedicated enemy for decades now and to rely on their not building atomic weapons would be rather irresponsible.
    Since 1953 you must be referring. A few of their neighbours have nukes, they should be developing their own, it makes a good deterrent. Much less likely that we would iraq Iran.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #22
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Deleted duplicate post
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,285

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I do not know what should be done in Iraq if we should be doing anything at all. But I am also afraid if we do nothing that will end up being wrong and what ever we do, will also end up being wrong. The EU doesn't want anything to do with Iraq and I do not think the Arab gives a care.
    It is far away from the States and bad results from doing nothing will not be our problem as much as their's. And should they not want to deal with it, the bad results will be around their necks. Same thing in Syria and Ukraine. They did it and the dead are their fault. Don't let them forget that their lack of responsibility created the messes.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,285

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Since 1953 you must be referring. A few of their neighbours have nukes, they should be developing their own, it makes a good deterrent. Much less likely that we would iraq Iran.
    What you do not seem to realize, but is as true as math, is that the growing number of states with nuclear capability does not decrease the probability of thermonuclear night. That worked fin in the Cold War of two superpowers. It a multi polar world without international security internalized at a higher level there is no stable optimum and the game always ends with all the pieces on the floor.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    What you do not seem to realize, but is as true as math, is that the growing number of states with nuclear capability does not decrease the probability of thermonuclear night. That worked fin in the Cold War of two superpowers. It a multi polar world without international security internalized at a higher level there is no stable optimum and the game always ends with all the pieces on the floor.
    Well there still exists those who are Bi Polar that work in an internalized Higher level of Security. Susan Rice would be an example. Just covering all the bases.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    What you do not seem to realize, but is as true as math, is that the growing number of states with nuclear capability does not decrease the probability of thermonuclear night. That worked fin in the Cold War of two superpowers. It a multi polar world without international security internalized at a higher level there is no stable optimum and the game always ends with all the pieces on the floor.
    Well the US remains the only country to have used nuclear weapons. I'm not afraid of Iran. That's a trumped up biggie man just as Iraq was. The US has supported militant Islamist groups since Carter. You're under the false impression that the US is interested in stability in the ME, fuzzy math joG!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,285

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well there still exists those who are Bi Polar that work in an internalized Higher level of Security. Susan Rice would be an example. Just covering all the bases.
    I liked Condoleezza better.

  8. #28
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    US sending 300 more US troops to Iraq

    Sneaking a few hundred more in there. When will we learn that "nation building" doesnt work by an outside force.
    One of the few times I agree with his decision to not get involved and to stay out of Iraq and he starts going back in.... WTF?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I liked Condoleezza better.
    Always go with the one of the Top Fine Wines. Its a given.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,285

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well the US remains the only country to have used nuclear weapons. I'm not afraid of Iran. That's a trumped up biggie man just as Iraq was. The US has supported militant Islamist groups since Carter. You're under the false impression that the US is interested in stability in the ME, fuzzy math joG!.
    Used nukes? And it was right to do so.

    But you see, that is not the question. Many games require the players to do things to win that can have negative results for all players or themselves. Have you never looked at these things. They are fascinating and it is certainly a personal loss to ignore them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •