Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

  1. #11
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    And we're going to be blamed, no matter what happens! The rest of the world will see us as the cause of all this strife, since we simply cannot mind our own business and let the religious war over there be handled by those it's directly affecting! Get our people out of there, cause we're losing this one, IMO.

    Good morning, Pero.
    Losing this one?

    "This one" was lost by May of 2003 when the Bush admin tried to secure a nation of 30 million hostile people with less than a Divisional strength in combat troops.

    Everything after was damage control, and never particularly successful damage control at that.

    What's going on now is just more of the same - make a token effort, pretend you're committed, smile for the cameras.

    Bush blew it, then Obama blew what he inherited.

    Two abject national defense failures.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Morning MMC, and they are no longer ISIS, they now call themselves IS.
    Mornin' Monte.....they just IS, huh. I got another word for them. Its called ASS.....as in theirs!!!!!


  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,218

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    And Iran is on Miliki's side along with Assad of Syria whom we just happen to be trying to overthrow. Just think what Iraq has brought, Obama, Ali Khamenei, Assad and with the delivery of 15 jets to Iraq and Miliki, Putin all on the same side. All on the same side of this thing. Don't you just love those whom we are in bed with when it comes to Iraq these days?
    You are thinking of the EU and the Arab League?

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,218

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Iran is not a major enemy, and they are not building nukes, though they should be.
    Iran has been a dedicated enemy for decades now and to rely on their not building atomic weapons would be rather irresponsible.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,914
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    And we're going to be blamed, no matter what happens! The rest of the world will see us as the cause of all this strife, since we simply cannot mind our own business and let the religious war over there be handled by those it's directly affecting! Get our people out of there, cause we're losing this one, IMO.

    Good morning, Pero.
    Morning Pol, the thing is when ISIS first invaded Iraq, Miliki and company had more than enough men and equipment to handle them, that is if his soldiers would fight. Iraq could still handle this on their own if the Shia thought Miliki and his government were worth fighting for. There is something definitely wrong when three or four hundred ISIS soldiers can send a division of Iraqis, some 10,000 men on the run. They didn't even attempt to fight the much smaller invaders at the time, they just threw down their weapons, many took off their uniforms and ran like hell.

    You can train soldiers, give the best equipment in the world, but if they do not have the heart and guts to fight, it is all for naught. They must believe in what they are fighting for, if not it is a lost cause regardless of how good you trained them or how many modern weapons you gave them.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,914
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No choice now ISIS says they own ground in Syria and Iraq. The group says its flag flies from Aleppo in northern Syria to Diyala province in eastern Iraq.

    The only ones missing from the Game are the Europeans.
    It's like I just told Pol, if Miliki's shia military isn't willing to fight, it is not going to matter. That is unless you want us or Iran to do the fighting for them. But even if you push ISIS back, they will just regroup and attack once we are gone again.

    If ISIS is so bad, then it is time to switch sides in Syria so Assad can quell his rebel uprising, then Syria from one side and Iran from the other can catch ISIS in a pincer. If Miliki's troops won't fight, I just assume it not be us again.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    It's like I just told Pol, if Miliki's shia military isn't willing to fight, it is not going to matter. That is unless you want us or Iran to do the fighting for them. But even if you push ISIS back, they will just regroup and attack once we are gone again.

    If ISIS is so bad, then it is time to switch sides in Syria so Assad can quell his rebel uprising, then Syria from one side and Iran from the other can catch ISIS in a pincer. If Miliki's troops won't fight, I just assume it not be us again.


    Al Sistani has sent the word.....the Shia have gathered over a 100k that's outside of Iraqi Forces. Al Sadr has sent the word. More are coming.

    Like I said Iran is already flying drones, they have 10 Divisions on the Border with a straight shot to Baghdad. Should they feel ISIS will breach the out regions of the city.

    Plus we are already assisting those in the North. But someone will have to go and hold Mosul International.

    Problem is.....now more are joining the New Caliph. But he wont be able to take the US and Russia.....with others on. I don't think he can hold the ground.

    But like I was telling DS.....the Invisible Sheik will go to ground. Plus he is now bigger than any thing Bin Laden was. He is now Bigger than the Z-Man AQ. He also has Stinger Missiles.

    ISIS has to be destroyed.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,914
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    You are thinking of the EU and the Arab League?
    I do not know what should be done in Iraq if we should be doing anything at all. But I am also afraid if we do nothing that will end up being wrong and what ever we do, will also end up being wrong. The EU doesn't want anything to do with Iraq and I do not think the Arab gives a care.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,914
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Al Sistani has sent the word.....the Shia have gathered over a 100k that's outside of Iraqi Forces. Al Sadr has sent the word. More are coming.

    Like I said Iran is already flying drones, they have 10 Divisions on the Border with a straight shot to Baghdad. Should they feel ISIS will breach the out regions of the city.

    Plus we are already assisting those in the North. But someone will have to go and hold Mosul International.

    Problem is.....now more are joining the New Caliph. But he wont be able to take the US and Russia.....with others on. I don't think he can hold the ground.

    But like I was telling DS.....the Invisible Sheik will go to ground. Plus he is now bigger than any thing Bin Laden was. He is now Bigger than the Z-Man AQ. He also has Stinger Missiles.

    ISIS has to be destroyed.
    That can be done in a place like Iraq, it is all open. But does anyone have the will, is there anyone willing to see another Dresden, Tokyo etc. Is there anyone to go after ISIS with all that they have to destroy them and be focus with that goal and that goal only. I highly doubt it.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama authorizes 200 more Troops for Iraq.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    That can be done in a place like Iraq, it is all open. But does anyone have the will, is there anyone willing to see another Dresden, Tokyo etc. Is there anyone to go after ISIS with all that they have to destroy them and be focus with that goal and that goal only. I highly doubt it.


    Well Assad is taking it to ISIS on his side of the Border and even Bombing their HQ and Religious Court.....But then he also has to watch with BO sending money to the Rebels backed by the MB who have lost in Syria. Since he knows Al Nusra and the Liberation Front will just take them from the MB backed Rebels.

    The Kurds have taken Kirkuk and are Holding ISIS off there.. Kerry went to have talks about them going offensive too. But I think they will want their Autonomy now. Plus the majority do identify as Sunni.

    Even Al Sistani and Al Sadr wont go for trying to take Assad out.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •