Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 366

Thread: Obama to take executive action on immigration

  1. #221
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Wasn't it nice to have a congress working with a President then?
    We don't have that problem to contend with now do we ?
    President Obama defined his presidency when he swiftly used his congressional majority to push through his signature healthcare legislation. "We won't know what's in it until we pass it" became the Party Mantra. It was the goal of the King Makers who got him elected. The bill was written long before he was elected and was the endgame all along. There was nothing about that process that engendered cooperation. He's reaping what he so carefully sowed. You're surprised?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    All these words for a such a simple question. It just shows that you think you can cloud the issue. The truth is that Ronald Reagan granted amnesty, and if Obama is a dictator for doing the same thing then either they are both dictators or you are not telling the truth.
    Perhaps you don't know the difference between an executive order which is what Obama is wanting to use vs Reagan signing a bill passed by our Legislative Branch. I'd suggest that you go back and read up on not only our Constitutional History but also in how our Constitution works. It would prevent you from making very stupid remarks such as the one that you just posted.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Last time I checked the United States borders were not in the middle east.
    That deflection doesn't work with knowing how wrong he gets things. Which dealing with Mexico is FP. Which doesn't count the money he just gave to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. Clearly he is lacking there too.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So I'm right... Glad to see you admit your partisanship is large and in charge.
    Different times the 80s were. But you keep living in them, OK.

  5. #225
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    I told you in the post you're responding to you can look stuff up for yourself, and you can. Should I believe your CON links? There's nothing worse than a closed mind. You can be subjective or objective, but won't even believe politifact (source of the 1/2 truth).

  6. #226
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Perhaps you don't know the difference between an executive order which is what Obama is wanting to use vs Reagan signing a bill passed by our Legislative Branch. I'd suggest that you go back and read up on not only our Constitutional History but also in how our Constitution works. It would prevent you from making very stupid remarks such as the one that you just posted.
    Republicans Introduced Reagan’s Amnesty Act for 3 Million ‘Illegals’ Six Months Before 1986 Midterm Elections*Pensito Review

    [In] 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.

    But the bill also made any immigrant who’d entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty … The law granted amnesty to nearly 3 million illegal immigrants, yet was largely considered unsuccessful because the strict sanctions on employers were stripped out of the bill for passage.

  7. #227
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,776

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    President Obama defined his presidency when he swiftly used his congressional majority to push through his signature healthcare legislation. "We won't know what's in it until we pass it" became the Party Mantra. It was the goal of the King Makers who got him elected. The bill was written long before he was elected and was the endgame all along. There was nothing about that process that engendered cooperation. He's reaping what he so carefully sowed. You're surprised?
    An immigration thread where you're chomping exclusively on PPACA..There's more I'd normally say but not after I saw your new Mom thread so I'll say good-bye and good luck and try the fans I mentioned to you..Until one is a care-giver as you are one day at a time, .......
    Physics is Phun

  8. #228
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    An immigration thread where you're chomping exclusively on PPACA..There's more I'd normally say but not after I saw your new Mom thread so I'll say good-bye and good luck and try the fans I mentioned to you..Until one is a care-giver as you are one day at a time, .......
    My part of the discussion with this poster began when he said that Reagan pardoned illegals. I reminded him that Congress had passed a law that allowed just that. A bit different than if President Obama issued a pardon in any form through EO today. He then pointed out that Congress worked with Reagan. Thus the reason for my post re the ACA and the way it was passed...setting a tone for Obama's entire presidency.

    That's the only reason I mentioned it in this thread.

    (Thanks for your advice about the fan. It makes perfect sense.)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #229
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,776

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    The one thing lacking with this post is specifics to back up general claims bashing Obama, your MO.
    And since we all don't know your slang and abbreviations, what is FP with Mexico?
    POst as if you're proofing for the Trib .
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That deflection doesn't work with knowing how wrong he gets things. Which dealing with Mexico is FP. Which doesn't count the money he just gave to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. Clearly he is lacking there too.
    Physics is Phun

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama to take executive action on immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The one thing lacking with this post is specifics to back up general claims bashing Obama, your MO.
    And since we all don't know your slang and abbreviations, what is FP with Mexico?
    POst as if you're proofing for the Trib .
    I wasn't just talking about BO.....plenty of time for that, the guy is walking talking boob. Which is why what was said about CBS.....is all there to read. As they stuck up for him here too. Just sayin!

    Oh and FP......Foreign Policy.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •