Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135

Thread: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC[W:17]

  1. #101
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The onus is on you to support the initial claim that they are similar.
    So get a supporting.
    I think it's on you to disprove my analogy. One is a media source that twisted someone's words, the other is a media source that twisted someone's word. That seems pretty similar to me.

    This is just how you debate, you say "No it isn't" and expect it to be authoritative.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #102
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I'm not defending him at all... This is about what NBC did, not the particular person they did it to.

    NBC's irresponsible actions put him and his families lives in danger, and they should be held responsible.
    NBC isn't responsible for the actions of the Black Panthers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think it's on you to disprove my analogy.
    You do? Know wonder why you have such problems.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #104
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    His actions and those of NBC aren't that different. Yet you stick up for him. Why is that?
    I'm going to say this only because you misrepresent what I have said and done... After which, the O'Keefe issue is done because he is not the topic.

    Yes, their actions are different when compared to the ACORN videos, which are the only videos I have discussed in recent months. NBC edited Zimerman's words to take what he said out of context, leading millions of people to believe he was a self confessed racist... O'Keefe on the other hand, did not edit any ACORN workers words and did not lead anyone into believing that they said something that they never said. I know this because I have seen the unedited tapes, and to this day nobody has ever presented an example showing he did this.

  5. #105
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    NBC isn't responsible for the actions of the Black Panthers.
    WTF?

    When did I say they were?

    JFC man... How many more times are you going to put words in my mouth I never said?

  6. #106
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    WTF?

    When did I say they were?

    JFC man... How many more times are you going to put words in my mouth I never said?
    The Black Panthers are the ones that put the "hit" out on Zimmerman. You said NBC was responsible for the threats on his life (which is what the Black Panthers did).


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #107
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The Black Panthers are the ones that put the "hit" out on Zimmerman. You said NBC was responsible for the threats on his life (which is what the Black Panthers did).
    Him and his family received a hell of a lot more threats than just the Black Panthers... In my opinion, the black panthers threats were inevitable because they are a scum sucking, racist organisation that lives for violent conflict.

  8. #108
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Him and his family received a hell of a lot more threats than just the Black Panthers... In my opinion, the black panthers threats were inevitable because they are a scum sucking, racist organisation that lives for violent conflict.
    But how many of those threats, do you think, are a direct result of NBC? AS opposed to being ****ed in the head.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #109
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    MSNBC didn't do anything wrong folks. The judge made the right call. Zimmerman should have settled when he had a chance.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Judge throws out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    MSNBC didn't do anything wrong folks. The judge made the right call. Zimmerman should have settled when he had a chance.
    Wrong. Judge Nelsons rulings are flawed. Which is why it is being appealed.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •