Page 70 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1290

Thread: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge[W:513,870]

  1. #691
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    For the vast majority of women birth control is the very essence of liberty and the great societal equalizer. Birth control allows women to participate equally in the economy and society. It gives them control over their own lives and destiny...aka 'individual liberty'.
    Great. So pay for it yourself.

    Even assuming what you say was necessarily true in the first place, liberty and equality are not things given, but earned.

    I could argue the same about Viagra and host of other male enhancement drugs. Men wouldn't need them if they just wore boxers.
    ED is a legitimate dysfunction, caused by advanced age, ill health, or some other pre-existing medical condition.

    Pregnancy is a natural process, which comes about as a result of normal sexual intercourse, healthy or no.

    There is no comparison.

    They'd still need a job in order to pay for it. Employees will often stay at a low paying job if it offers health insurance. So one could say that employees are paying for their health insurance with their labor.
    Not my problem.

    Your unnecessary sex pills. Your money.

  2. #692
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,305

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I think that even the most hard core pro-choice people would like to see as few abortions as possible. It starts will education and making birth control more available.
    Abortion is an extreme choice
    that should really be a last resort, not a primary choice.

    And I'm asking you why you feel that way and you're dancing around instead of answering.
    Doesn't look good.

  3. #693
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,305

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This decision will lead to rusty coat hangers in back alleys.
    Has anyone said that yet?
    Hillary?
    Debbie Wasserman Schultz perhaps?

  4. #694
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,847

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Planned Parenthood can accommodate you and your IUD.
    Women's healthcare? Oh, you mean abortion. Not healthcare.
    Because men don't get abortions.
    That's pretty funny, "This group that the same people who oppose contraceptive mandates have been working like heck to shut down in just about all the red states will, if we don't shut them down first, help women get necessary contraception."

    You have to admit that's a pretty odd response.

    And, no, contraception =/= abortion, and it's a normal part of women's everyday healthcare.

  5. #695
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    What is different about the argument? And... I am not worried about the slippery slope.
    I already pointed it out. Aside from the fact that this isn't any mainstream religious belief we're talking about, there is no religious directive from God to the effect of "Thou shalt not pay for modern medical treatment". The belief that using doctors demonstrates a lack of faith isn't equivalent to a conflict of conscience regarding providing medical care for others. You aren't responsible for their faith. The argument wont' fly. With abortion drugs, you are complicit in murder. The difference is not slight. It's great gulf that can't be bridged with specious arguments.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #696
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Oh, I know that among the multitude of various sects some would cling to the Catholic views on birth control. I'm just saying they're the exception rather than the rule.
    This entire argument demonstrates how juvenile the left in America has become. They're helpless to care for themselves unless the government and/or their employers give them around the clock protection. A country once built on hard work and self reliance has now come to this in just a couple of generations.

    But, quite apart from these discouraging attempts to avoid life's realities, the decision is just 'smoke and mirrors' anyway.

    A meaningless decision. The less restrictive alternative that the majority settled on is a certification by Hobby Lobby that it opposes contraceptive coverage, after which the insurance company must provide that coverage for free. Meaning that the premium charged to Hobby Lobby will necessarily include the cost of the free contraception. All smoke and mirrors.
    Conservative Supreme Court Majority Prevails In Two Key Cases [UPDATE: Is Hobby Lobby So Narrow As To Be "Meaningless"?] | Power Line

  7. #697
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,305

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are Republicans trying to blur the line between corporate profits and religion?
    There's that War On Religion I was asking about
    Because that's what it looks like.

    Does anyone who doesn't own a company benefit from this decision?
    Why, yes ... yes they do ... anyone and everyone who has been alarmed by big Government overreach by unelected bureaucrats and elected radical leftists.
    They see this as a small retrenchment of the perfidy brought to us by the Democrat Party.
    For those who don't recognize it, they most likely ARE the Democrat Party.
    .....

  8. #698
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Yeah you men all sure know what's best for us irresponsible sexpots women.

    Goodness what I hear from a number of my female friends, relatives, coworkers, or even vague acquaintances about how their male partner does not want anything to do with feeding, changing, getting up at night, or even holding the baby it's kind of weird how they are so adamant about limiting birth control. For the most part they seem to want nothing to do with the actual baby, but yet fight to the end to prevent affordable access to good birth control. It's kind of strange actually. Now I am not saying all men are not helpful with babies, but in my experiences very few are.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  9. #699
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Megyn Kelly takes on Sandra Fluke and defends religious freedom.

    Megyn Kelly Takes On Sandra Fluke O'Reilly Fox Hobby Lobby | The Daily Caller

  10. #700
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Yeah you men all sure know what's best for us irresponsible sexpots women.

    Goodness what I hear from a number of my female friends, relatives, coworkers, or even vague acquaintances about how their male partner does not want anything to do with feeding, changing, getting up at night, or even holding the baby it's kind of weird how they are so adamant about limiting birth control. For the most part they seem to want nothing to do with the actual baby, but yet fight to the end to prevent affordable access to good birth control. It's kind of strange actually. Now I am not saying all men are not helpful with babies, but in my experiences very few are.
    Most men are _________ (fill in the blank).

    vs.

    Most women are _________ (fill in the blank).

    Is one any more or less sexist than the other? Inquiring minds want to know.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •