Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1290

Thread: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge[W:513,870]

  1. #1051
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Jasper made an excellent point that shines a spot light on conservative hypocrisy.

    Conservatives want women to be responsible for their sex lives and then set up barriers to prevent them controlling their sex lives.


    Here's another one.....

    Conservatives say they want to repeal Obamacare but then want to sue Obama for not implementing Obamacare fast enough.
    Nice rant, carry that message to the polls also telling the people that conservatives want to starve kids, kill seniors, and destroy the atmosphere. How long do you think you can perpetuate these lies.

    Women have access to healthcare and nothing in this ruling changes that. Women have access to free birth control pills from Planned Parenthood and nothing is going to change that. Keep spouting the lies and distortions which appeal to the low information voters most of whom still believe Obama rhetoric. Your problem is you aren't dealing with low information voters when you post to conservatives. We tried to tell you about Obama and you ignored it, still ignoring it. Says a lot about liberals.

  2. #1052
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, it POTENTIALLY allows for it. And before you pull the bull**** "read the rulings", I have. The verdict is specific to this case. While it's POSSIBLE that it could be used at a future time for other issues, it is not a certainty or a guarantee and presenting it as FACT is simply incorrect.
    A Supreme Court opinion is ALWAYS specific to the case it is addressing. You have to understand how to read the "holding" of the case and understand the ramifications of the decision. This is what jurisprudence is all about and how our court system operates. It would be incredibly naive to believe that this ruling is limited to Hobby Lobby. That isn't the way the Supreme Court operates.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #1053
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    these companies like hobby lobby are NOT changing their coverage on contraception because of this ruling. they will maintain what have already in place.

    stop pushing the false narrative that these companies are going to cancel contraception coverage in their insurance policies they now provide for their employees because of this ruling.

    hobby lobby covers 16 of 20 contraception methods approved by the FDA.

    why would they suddenly change and say no to ALL contraception coverage?
    It isn't a false narrative at all. The conservative lobby was greatly anticipating this ruling and will push the ruling as far as they can. (The left would do the same if the pages were turned....thats how our system operates. I'm not faulting the system...just indicating what the ramifications will be).
    Don't think for a second that you aren't going to see boundaries pushed as a result of this. It would probably be the first time in the history of this country if they weren't.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #1054
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nice rant, carry that message to the polls also telling the people that conservatives want to starve kids, kill seniors, and destroy the atmosphere. How long do you think you can perpetuate these lies.

    Women have access to healthcare and nothing in this ruling changes that. Women have access to free birth control pills from Planned Parenthood and nothing is going to change that. Keep spouting the lies and distortions which appeal to the low information voters most of whom still believe Obama rhetoric. Your problem is you aren't dealing with low information voters when you post to conservatives. We tried to tell you about Obama and you ignored it, still ignoring it. Says a lot about liberals.
    LOL....we don't have to "keep perpetuating these lies" because the Conservative Lobby and Republican platform are clear for everyone to see. Have you read the recent wacko extremist Texas Republican platform? Yow!!!! It makes the national Republican platform look moderate.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #1055
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....we don't have to "keep perpetuating these lies" because the Conservative Lobby and Republican platform are clear for everyone to see. Have you read the recent wacko extremist Texas Republican platform? Yow!!!! It makes the national Republican platform look moderate.
    Why is it you have been a wage slave all your life and never gone into business for yourself so you can help rectify all the problems you see with business? It is easier spending someone else's money, isn't it. Bet you don't do well when someone dictates to you what you can or cannot do with your own money. Seems like a rather simple concept, conservatives don't really care how much you make, how much you pay in taxes, how much you pay employees so why do you? Personal responsibility is a foreign concept to you so why would anyone take a job that doesn't provide them with the benefits you think you deserve or want.

  6. #1056
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,631

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    A Supreme Court opinion is ALWAYS specific to the case it is addressing. You have to understand how to read the "holding" of the case and understand the ramifications of the decision. This is what jurisprudence is all about and how our court system operates. It would be incredibly naive to believe that this ruling is limited to Hobby Lobby. That isn't the way the Supreme Court operates.
    it isn't just limited to hobby lobby but it all closely held corporations. it does however only affect contraception.
    Majority opinion written by Alito
    "This decision concerns only the contraceptive mandate and should not be understood to mean that all insurance mandates, that is for blood transfusions or vaccinations, necessarily fail if they conflict with an employer's religious beliefs."

    women still have access to BC and will still be covered under BC. SCOTUS just said that closely held companies do not have to offer all possible BC.
    if they still want those then they can still buy them.

  7. #1057
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It isn't a false narrative at all. The conservative lobby was greatly anticipating this ruling and will push the ruling as far as they can. (The left would do the same if the pages were turned....thats how our system operates. I'm not faulting the system...just indicating what the ramifications will be).
    Don't think for a second that you aren't going to see boundaries pushed as a result of this. It would probably be the first time in the history of this country if they weren't.
    the liberal lobby is pushing this as a complete disaster for women's health care in this country and are being misleading about what the ruling means.

    for conservatives its a victory for religious freedom.
    Go Vols

  8. #1058
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    And the divided right-wing will pay the price at the polls this November, even according to Republican pollsters who report a galvanized female vote for DEMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    the liberal lobby is pushing this as a complete disaster for women's
    health care in this country and are being misleading about what the ruling means.
    For conservatives its a victory for religious freedom.
    How's that TEA-partier doing in Tennessee against Lamar in the Senate primary ?
    Physics is Phun

  9. #1059
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge[W:513,870]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Well now you have a government not passing any legislation so you should be happy.
    Just eliminate the federal gov't altogether since they are completely worthless .
    didn't we have a thread a few weeks back with the left declaring the republicans were hurting this nation, because of the things they were doing.

    here your are telling me they are doing nothing.

  10. #1060
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Supreme Court backs Hobby Lobby in contraceptive mandate challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And the divided right-wing will pay the price at the polls this November, even according to Republican pollsters who report a galvanized female vote for DEMs.


    How's that TEA-partier doing in Tennessee against Lamar in the Senate primary ?
    the november vote is about turn out. democrats will not turn out in high numbers. republicans win big time.

    lamar is the winner.
    Go Vols

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •