Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 155

Thread: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's too bad Romney wasn't elected, he would have.....oh....never mind

    Mitt Romney: arm the Syrian rebels | World news | theguardian.com
    If Romney had been elected we would still have troops in Iraq, and this wouldnt be happening.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    05-02-16 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,809

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels


  3. #93
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Yep, been happening since the beginning of the conflict, nobody seems to care.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I suppose you mean, if I were president. If so, my foreign policy in the ME would be aimed at stability for the region that would be a benefit to the citizens of that region as opposed to the policy of destabilisation that we have seen for better than three decades which has led to multiple US military actions in the region resulting in big profits for the companies that comprise the US military industrial complex, and not just the two you mention or the ten that my article mentioned.
    The world was never 'stable' and it's folly to think that it was.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If Romney had been elected we would still have troops in Iraq, and this wouldnt be happening.
    Right! Which is why he failed in his bid for the WH. Americans didn't want their troops to still be there. See how that works?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #96
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The world was never 'stable' and it's folly to think that it was.
    "folly" LMAO. I said I would aim for stability, much of the world is stable. But US foreign policy for the Mideast has been instability, for decades now, or exceedingly incompetent administrations back to back, or both.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #97
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    US foreign policy in the Middle East has been INSTABILITY for decades. This is nothing new. Americans are just too stupid to do anything about it, just look around DP.


    Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideen prior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan.

    Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #98
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    America has been supporting militant Islamic groups since Carter. Wtf is wrong with people??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #99
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    US foreign policy in the Middle East has been INSTABILITY for decades. This is nothing new. Americans are just too stupid to do anything about it, just look around DP.


    Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm and finance the Afghan mujahideen prior to and during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989. The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan.

    Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Insulting all Americans certainly isnt going to encourage people to listen to your argument. Additionally, the West in general has had policy of intervention and destabilization for decades now. Can't pin it all on America even though y'all push America into the World Police role.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama seeks $500M to train, equip Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    "folly" LMAO. I said I would aim for stability, much of the world is stable. But US foreign policy for the Mideast has been instability, for decades now, or exceedingly incompetent administrations back to back, or both.
    For decades the Fascists, Nazis, Communists and various other dictators were murdering hundreds of millions of people in China, Africa, Asia, Europe, South America and Central America. The Americans were the leaders who put an end to these international atrocities. Any 'stability' the world now enjoys is in large part due to American sacrifices and their 'incompetent' leadership.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •