Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 243

Thread: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator[W:217:241]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It would be troubling if it happened, but it didn't.
    New IRS Scandal: Lois Lerner Thought About Doing Something, Then Didnít Do It
    Didn't because someone else told her she was being a moron.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #82
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,654

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How does that thought match the title of the AP story? It doesn't. Be sides her question wasn't out of the blue. She wrote: Looked like they were inappropriately offering to pay for his wife. Perhaps we should refer to Exam? She worked for the IRS, that's the way they think.
    That's the problem. What was inappropriate? Can you explain to me how an organization is doing anything inappropriate by offering to pay for an invitee to bring their spouse to an engagement? Lerner, as a senior staffer with oversight, referral and supervisory responsibilities in the IRS, should know damned well that there was no basis for a referral.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    because republican politicians and their families should be immune from the tax laws
    And we have a candidate for irrelevant strawman argument of the day!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,891

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    That's the problem. What was inappropriate? Can you explain to me how an organization is doing anything inappropriate by offering to pay for an invitee to bring their spouse to an engagement? Lerner, as a senior staffer with oversight, referral and supervisory responsibilities in the IRS, should know damned well that there was no basis for a referral.
    She should have; her colleague did know. And the Senator hadn't even received the invitation.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Nothing to see here...just some low-level rogue Cincinnati IRS workers....move along please.
    And yet another IRS employee takes the fifth. Senior IRS manager invokes Fifth Amendment right before House committee | Fox News Anyone notice how the left is defending this one? More crickets?

  6. #86
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,342

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    because republican politicians and their families should be immune from the tax laws
    What law was broken?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,342

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If the "someone" happens to be an IRS official or agent, and the "whim" is evidence of a prohibited activity, then "No, that's enough to look into the situation"
    Where's the evidence of prohibited activity, I mean besides Lerner violating the civil rights of American citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,342

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    This is a new story. And it isn't a good one.
    If this email didn't get scrubbed, just imagine what the deleted emails were about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #89
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Where's the evidence of prohibited activity, I mean besides Lerner violating the civil rights of American citizens.
    There is no evidence. Just some in this thread trying out some new material from the Ministry of Truth. Before it's over they'll deny that anyone named Lois Lerner ever worked at the IRS. And then they'll increase our chocolate ration from 7 grams to 5 grams!
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,342

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The fact that the Democrats are defending Learner to the max for targeting conservatives groups should surprise no one than having the Republicans calling foul and wanting justice done. That is what diehard partisans do. If Learner had targeted Liberal groups and the president was a Republican, it would be the opposite way around. The Democrats would be holding hearings and wanting justice while the Republicans would be defending her to the max. That is life in Washington D.C.

    Look at the debt ceiling votes during the Bush years, almost all Democrats voted no and almost all republican voted yes. One Democratic senator called raising the debt ceiling unpatriotic.

    Fast forward to the Obama administration, now is almost all Democrats voting yes to raise the debt ceiling and almost all Republicans voting no. It is now unpatriotic to vote against raising the debt ceiling.

    That my friend is the partisan politics of the times.
    I would be opposed--and vocally--to this kind of activity, no matter who's the president and who's being picked on. Right's right and wrong's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •