Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 243

Thread: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator[W:217:241]

  1. #51
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    For some reason, you don't think you're not being partisan, why is that?
    Because if this was Bush, I wouldn't be turning a blind eye to it. I had more objections to things Bush did than I could list on here. And I do not like to sit and see a powerful agency abuse its powers.

    The partisan here is you. I don't even think Obama knew about what was going on. But he is POTUS, and he owns this. Fact.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,654

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    She didn't say who should be audited

    From the article you say you read
    While her email isn't specific the response to her email indicates the intent and implies that there may have been additional communication between these two on the subject.

    Again, the fact that a person in her position should need to be reminded of the fundamental principles of "reasonable cause" is shocking.

  3. #53
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If you could care less, then that means you care a lot.

    No, I know pete, nothing nefarious. Not even a smidgeon of corruption. Yes, we know. Obama already said that, and I know...his words are good enough for you.
    I knew that even before he said it, I following this story for over a year. They whole story is nothing more than bureaucratic bungling, but you and many people on the right refuse to believe it. Maybe some day you will realize that is fact.
    I want Lois Lerner to be given immunity from prosecution so she can testify without fear. Let the chips fall where they may.


  4. #54
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Excellent nitpicking. Kudos.
    And I commend you for your innuendo
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #55
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Because if this was Bush, I wouldn't be turning a blind eye to it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #56
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    While her email isn't specific the response to her email indicates the intent and implies that there may have been additional communication between these two on the subject.

    Again, the fact that a person in her position should need to be reminded of the fundamental principles of "reasonable cause" is shocking.
    I see. You can tell Lerner's intent by what someone else said.

    And IRS audits don't require reasonable cause. I'm not sure that's even a legitimate term. I think you may have made it up
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #57
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I knew that even before he said it, I following this story for over a year. They whole story is nothing more than bureaucratic bungling, but you and many people on the right refuse to believe it. Maybe some day you will realize that is fact.
    I want Lois Lerner to be given immunity from prosecution so she can testify without fear. Let the chips fall where they may.
    Excuse me? You knew about this story before Obama said anything about the IRS? How so? Were you hacking in her emails?

  8. #58
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Excuse me? You knew about this story before Obama said anything about the IRS? How so? Were you hacking in her emails?
    The story was in the news before Obama commented on it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #59
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Our government won't wreck this country. It's the partisanship amongst the citizens that will.

    And the politicians are laughing themselves sick over it, and high fiving each other about it. None of this could happen if we didn't enable it as a citizenry.
    Perhaps all of this partisanship is leading to the rise of the independent voter. Over the last ten years those who classify themselves as independent have rose from 30% of the electorate to 46% according to Gallup. The democratic party is at 28% of the electorate, they haven't been this low since before the great depression. The republicans are even worse at 24%, this is not a low for them, the republican party was at 21% right after Watergate in 1975. By the way in 1975 51% identified themselves as Democrats.

    I think people are just plain tired, disgusted of both major political parties. Look at the two parties favorable ratings: Republicans have a 34% favorable rating vs a 53% unfavorable. The Democrats have a 37% favorable/51% unfavorable. I think this all boil from the hyper-partisanship of both parties today.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #60
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Perhaps all of this partisanship is leading to the rise of the independent voter.
    This is why I try to encourage partisanship and polarization
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •