Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 243

Thread: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator[W:217:241]

  1. #111
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    No, you aren't imagining that or the email recipient's reply [bolding mine]:

    The other IRS official, Matthew Giuliano, waved her off, saying an audit would be premature because Grassley hadn't even accepted the invitation.

    "It would be Grassley who would need to report the income," Giuliano said. Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Also according to the Yahoo article, Senator Grassley never did receive an invitation and did not attend the event.

    Why was Lerner so interested and eager? Well, also according to the Yahoo article, "Grassley had been an outspoken critic of the way the IRS policed tax-exempt groups even before the tea party controversy erupted last year."
    I think that is the important takeaway from this email exchange. It gives us a window into Lois Lerner's head. She receives and letter which shows that a Senator's wife may receive income from a source, but nothing has happened yet, nor has the Senator even been given the chance to RECEIVE the income, much less report it to the IRS, and dumb ass Lerner wonders if she should send it up for an audit.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I know now - and I am embarrassed because I had originally questioned how an e-mail could be sent to the wrong person. *face very red about my mistake* I have already smacked myself, BTW.

    Greetings, Lutherf.
    Well, considering all the email issues that have been in the news it wasn't an unreasonable assumption.

    Also, if you've smacked yourself do you need someone to rub the sore spot?

  3. #113
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You should never be embarrassed. You're one of the most decent people on this site (and on any message board for that matter).
    If I had made that mistake in the business world, I would have been called on the carpet for it! Maybe a Reading Comprehension course is not a bad idea for me! And for your kind words! *hug*

  4. #114
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Well, considering all the email issues that have been in the news it wasn't an unreasonable assumption.

    Also, if you've smacked yourself do you need someone to rub the sore spot?
    A hug would be welcomed if you have a spare one handy! Those of us with apparent ADD need lots of hugs!

  5. #115
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I think that is the important takeaway from this email exchange. It gives us a window into Lois Lerner's head. She receives and letter which shows that a Senator's wife may receive income from a source, but nothing has happened yet, nor has the Senator even been given the chance to RECEIVE the income, much less report it to the IRS, and dumb ass Lerner wonders if she should send it up for an audit.
    I don't think Lerner is dumb. Not at all. Venal and ethically bankrupt, yes. She thought she saw an opportunity and tried to seize it. Grassley was very critical of the IRS, so this must have been a thrilling potential "Gotcha!" for Lerner.

    What remains troubling is the fact that while we know about this attempt to overreach, we don't know anything about who-knows-how-many e-mails that were "lost" because of a "hard drive crash."

  6. #116
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I know now - and I am embarrassed because I had originally questioned how an e-mail could be sent to the wrong person. *face very red about my mistake* I have already smacked myself, BTW.

    Greetings, Lutherf.
    Never beat yourself up in a forum on the internet, it's red meat for people like me.

  7. #117
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Never beat yourself up in a forum on the internet, it's red meat for people like me.
    If you would be willing to cut me some slack, I'll luv you forever - cross my heart!

    Greetings, AJiveMan.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    But this is different because conservatives say it is, no move along, nothing to see here.
    True, but don't kid yourself, the left does the exact same thing. The partisan is responsible for ALL Washington corruption. Because nobody holds their own party responsible for wrong doing, they blame the other party. In fact AJiveMan, partisan democrats don't believe their party does any wrong, defends their party to the end and is conversely highly critical and condemning of the Republican Party, and ditto in reverse. Nothing can be repaired like that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #119
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    True, but don't kid yourself, the left does the exact same thing. The partisan is responsible for ALL Washington corruption. Because nobody holds their own party responsible for wrong doing, they blame the other party. In fact AJiveMan, partisan democrats don't believe their party does any wrong, defends their party to the end and is conversely highly critical and condemning of the Republican Party, and ditto in reverse. Nothing can be repaired like that.
    I recall the Nixon days very, very well. Me and my pot smoking friends (damned liburuls) all sat around a living room with a tape recorder running, all the while imitating Haldeman and Nixon voices (I am not a crook) for hours, laughing our asses off.
    Oh, we drank a lot of Ripple and MD 20/20 too, talk about blitzed.
    Last edited by AJiveMan; 06-27-14 at 02:03 PM.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,325

    Re: Emails: IRS official sought audit of GOP senator

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Unfortunately the same way it did for Bush when his administration conveniently lost 22 million e-mails! Not a damn thing.

    When the Bush White House lost 22 million emails, Darrell Issa didn't blame the President. He blamed IBM.

    Issa Blamed IBM Software For Loss Of 22 Million Bush Emails | Crooks and Liars

    HYPOCRISY WATCH: Lost IRS Email Outrage vs. Lost Bush White House Email Amnesia
    But they eventually found the mislabeled backups.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •