Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 506

Thread: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

  1. #421
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Option 1, except that it doesn't mean he is "alone", as he can have familial and platonic relationships. I see no reason why it would be impossible for him to lead a fulfilling life as a celibate.
    But the same inherent desire to love and be loved felt by almost every heterosexual also exists for homosexuals. You're substituting your beliefs and imposing them on others. I have a feeling you'd object if I decided what kind of life you'd find "possible" to live and make fulfilling. Your life is yours to live. I can't possibly know what it might take for yours to be fulfilling, so why would you presume the arrogance to make that determination for MILLIONS of others.

  2. #422
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,719

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    1. I haven't made any appeals to the supernatural, my arguments on this thread are based on human nature.

    2. Then your position, since it can not be empirically verified, is self-refuting.
    1) Horse****. You appeal to the word of God constantly. This thread is not the only argument you've ever made. As for "human nature," that's just an attempt to justify your desire for biblical law retroactively. Problem is, you just came up with a different unmeasurable, subjective basis. You can't prove "human nature." There's no particular reason to say same-sex marriage goes against human nature, any more than space travel does. How is human nature contradicted if two men marry each other? Because you say so?
    2) Subjective doesn't mean wrong. It means subjective. The Supreme Court cannot make rulings based on something you can't define.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #423
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,081

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    1. I haven't made any appeals to the supernatural, my arguments on this thread are based on human nature.

    2. Then your position, since it can not be empirically verified, is self-refuting.



    Option 1, except that it doesn't mean he is "alone", as he can have familial and platonic relationships. I see no reason why it would be impossible for him to lead a fulfilling life as a celibate.



    Already explained.



    Yes, truth is truth and law is law.



    Sodomy is immoral, as already explained.



    Self-refuting.
    you have a reason that's not faith based

  4. #424
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But the same inherent desire to love and be loved felt by almost every heterosexual also exists for homosexuals. You're substituting your beliefs and imposing them on others. I have a feeling you'd object if I decided what kind of life you'd find "possible" to live and make fulfilling. Your life is yours to live. I can't possibly know what it might take for yours to be fulfilling, so why would you presume the arrogance to make that determination for MILLIONS of others.
    You're reducing the whole of the human experience to sex. There is so much more to life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    1) Horse****. You appeal to the word of God constantly. This thread is not the only argument you've ever made. As for "human nature," that's just an attempt to justify your desire for biblical law retroactively. Problem is, you just came up with a different unmeasurable, subjective basis. You can't prove "human nature." There's no particular reason to say same-sex marriage goes against human nature, any more than space travel does. How is human nature contradicted if two men marry each other? Because you say so?
    2) Subjective doesn't mean wrong. It means subjective. The Supreme Court cannot make rulings based on something you can't define.
    1) Sodomy contradicts the purpose of human sexuality. Space travel does not so contradict human nature. And I was referring to this thread.
    2) What haven't I defined?

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    06-13-15 @ 10:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    There is nothing new about the issue. Gays want to get married and are using the courts to get their way. And be damned if you object.
    Why would you want to object? You too will be able to marry the man of your dreams.

  6. #426
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    You're reducing the whole of the human experience to sex. There is so much more to life.

    1) Sodomy contradicts the purpose of human sexuality. Space travel does not so contradict human nature. And I was referring to this thread.
    2) What haven't I defined?
    First of all, no, he's not. But you have done that a number of times with procreation, reducing the whole of human experience and human nature to procreation. Like you said, "there is so much more to life".

    Second, sodomy does not in any way contradict the purpose of human sexuality, because there is no sole purpose of human sexuality, not that you can prove. There are many purposes.

    You have yet to show that any claims you have made about the purpose of sex, the immorality of sodomy, or that sodomy contradicts the purpose of sex is anything more than subjective and therefore your personal opinion.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    you have a reason that's not faith based
    I have provided such a reason.

  8. #428
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,081

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I have provided such a reason.
    the kids?

    gay people still have them

    im hetero sexual I don't have any

    you have a problem with sex between people who are fertile and those who are not

    or peel who don't have kids

    or oral sex or masturbation

    or with not having kids

    my hand wasn't built to type on a a key bored is that immoral to?

  9. #429
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I have provided such a reason.
    A reason that is based on your faith in what human nature is. That is still a subjective reason, an opinion. Your failure to view your personal beliefs as what they are is the main issue you seem to be having here. Just because you do not preface something with "in my opinion" or "in my belief" does not mean that it isn't just your opinion or your belief.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    the kids?

    gay people still have them

    im hetero sexual I don't have any

    you have a problem with sex between people who are fertile and those who are not

    or peel who don't have kids

    or oral sex or masturbation

    or with not having kids

    my hand wasn't built to type on a a key bored is that immoral to?
    Sexual acts which are incapable by virtue if the nature of the act (not a condition of the persons) of resulting in procreation, or in which procreation is deliberately impeded, are immoral.

    There's no inherent difference between typing and other uses of the hand.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •