Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 506

Thread: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

  1. #391
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Does it (the term marriage) belong to polygamists? Does it belong to straight males who want to marry one another for monetary benefit? Does it really belong to everyone for any reason?
    It already does (see bold).

    There are no 'qualifications' for ANYONE of opposite gender in this country to marry, except age. So there's an obvious discrimination right there based on gender. Felons in jail that beat their previous wives to death can still marry any woman over 18 and younger if she has her parents' permission in some states.

    Edit: SOrry, I misread what I bolded. I thought it referred to opposite genders. Because it doesnt make sense to me as written. Because until recently...and still not in every state...males could not/cannot marry males for ANY reason. Because no reasons are required for opposite gender couples to marry at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Google is your friend.

    It makes their being unfulfilled.
    No it doesnt. Prove it.

    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #393
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    two words: Societal norms. You are making my point. Arbitrary lines for socially acceptable behavior exist everywhere including in law. The push for SSM is not a push to remedy discrimination, it is a push to change social norms. If it were about discrimination all non traditional ideas of marriage would be in play, not just ssm.
    Societal norms have reached a tipping point and have changed/are changing. THat should be pretty obvious.

    Societal norms made a huge shift during Jim Crow too....was still about discrimination. They tend to drive each other to gain the momentum to do what's right.
    Last edited by Lursa; 07-04-14 at 02:04 AM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Why not? Why is it wrong to recognize the traditional role that the church plays in marriage? The vast majority of Americans believe marriage to be a church / God ordained activity.
    However NO straight Americans, atheist, agnostic, pagan, ANY belief or no belief, are denied engaging in that contract. And it's not so vast a majority anymore. Not vast at all, esp. when many gay couples are indeed religious and believe in the sanctity of marriage in the eyes of God too. And many churches/religions are happy to marry them.
    Last edited by Lursa; 07-04-14 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Is it your position that only those statements of fact which can be empirically measured or tested, are true?
    Is it your position that opinions based on faith or philosophy (that do not directly infringe on the rights of others) should be made law and/or forced on people who do not believe the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Yes people are objecting to a specific form of discrimination, and in so doing are calling into question the character of those who oppose their point of view. Using terms like "bigot" to impugn the character of advocates of traditional marriage. Meanwhile, others are undergoing discrimination without anyone giving it a second thought. Why? Because as you said all discrimination is not equal. How do we decide? Social norms. Therefore the traditionalist is no more bigoted than the social liberal that does not believe that polygamy should be allowed. The courts are not ruling on the discriminatory nature of excluding consenting parties from marrying. The courts are actively working to adjust social norms for the benefit of a certain class of individuals.

    The 'character of traditional marriage?' Impugn it?

    Moreso than all the adulterers, wife beaters, child abusers, divorcees, swingers, that already have? How will gays marrying harm it more than that? THose are all intentional acts that do actual harm to others. Gay marriage does NO harm....no one here has shown any at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #397
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,079

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Not everywhere. And I am sure you will say "yet". So you don't have to, I am sure the continued circling of the drain for America is for us to be come the next Sodom and Gomorrah.
    I know its not legally possible every where but it is possible every where and is the case in some places same gender couples can get married and marriage has been defined to include them

    so marriage can be between homosexual couples

  8. #398
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Not everywhere. And I am sure you will say "yet". So you don't have to, I am sure the continued circling of the drain for America is for us to be come the next Sodom and Gomorrah.
    Are you basing US laws on the Bible?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  9. #399
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,079

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    More clear thinking. Wow.
    clear yes wow worthy no the pore dammed souls on hear who go for that slippery slope bitch about the inevitability of such horrible things as bestiality and pedophilia and that the 2 of those must be involved in legal marriage if we have gay marriage

    but they have to then pretend that there's something wrong with those things to squish any objections sane people point out

    its like those people cant see the difference between 1 things they consider evil/yucky and another

    also if other forms of marriage could become legal you don't need gay marriage to be legal 1st

    as all the gay mage arguments boil down to how there equivalent to marriages we allow already

  10. #400
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,079

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Not everywhere. And I am sure you will say "yet". So you don't have to, I am sure the continued circling of the drain for America is for us to be come the next Sodom and Gomorrah.
    you mean all of us will become gay for some reasons and we will then all try to gang rape angels even though you offer us your virgin daughters

    after we reject all of us god blind and your wife will be turned into something savory

    and after that your kids will get you drunk and rape you to have baby's?


    if your going to say the place will become a fairy tale could you pick a better one

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •