Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 506

Thread: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

  1. #331
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Why does anyone get married?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #332
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Calling it a sick lifestyle is just a matter of opinion. Don't like it? Oh well. That is not disparaging, its called an opinion. The rest you would have to have some real thin skin to get to the level of even alittle insulted about.
    My opinion is that Christians are delusional. They believe an invisible sky wizard impregnated a woman with himself without having sex with her. (Because that would be weird)

    That's not disparaging. That's an opinion. You can't be upset no matter what I say because it's my opinion.

    I think the anti-equality people are bigots. It's my opinion, not disparaging.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #333
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    And I find the gay life style of little value. But I am not disparaging any particular individual. Like I said, if you are looking to get offended. Good job, you did it.
    I haven't disparaged any individual. I just think Christians against equality are delusional bigots.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #334
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So why get married?
    The real question is why not?

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The real question is why not?
    Well this circle is complete now.

  6. #336
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    No, really: why does anyone get married?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  7. #337
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Well this circle is complete now.
    The burden is on the person wishing to restrict individual liberty. People don't have to explain why they want a right.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #338
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No, really: why does anyone get married?
    There are legal benefits. Outside of that it's a sentimental and grand expression of love.

    Currently Homosexuals not offered equal rights in regards to marriage are barred from these rights -

    Death: If a couple is not married and one partner dies, the other partner is not entitled to bereavement leave from work, to file wrongful death claims, to draw the Social Security of the deceased partner, or to automatically inherit a shared home, assets, or personal items in the absence of a will.
    Debts: Unmarried partners do not generally have responsibility for each other's debt.
    Divorce: Unmarried couples do not have access to the courts, structure, or guidelines in times of break-up, including rules for how to handle shared property, child support, and alimony, or protecting the weaker party and kids.
    Family leave: Unmarried couples are often not covered by laws and policies that permit people to take medical leave to care for a sick spouse or for the kids.
    Health: Unlike spouses, unmarried partners are usually not considered next of kin for the purposes of hospital visitation and emergency medical decisions. In addition, they can't cover their families on their health plans without paying taxes on the coverage, nor are they eligible for Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
    Housing: Denied marriage, couples of lesser means are not recognized and thus can be denied or disfavored in their applications for public housing.
    Immigration: U.S. residency and family unification are not available to an unmarried partner from another country.
    Inheritance: Unmarried surviving partners do not automatically inherit property should their loved one die without a will, nor do they get legal protection for inheritance rights such as elective share or bypassing the hassles and expenses of probate court.
    Insurance: Unmarried partners can't always sign up for joint home and auto insurance. In addition, many employers don't cover domestic partners or their biological or non-biological children in their health insurance plans.
    Portability: Unlike marriages, which are honored in all states and countries, domestic partnerships and other alternative mechanisms only exist in a few states and countries, are not given any legal acknowledgment in most, and leave families without the clarity and security of knowing what their legal status and rights will be.
    Parenting: Unmarried couples are denied the automatic right to joint parenting, joint adoption, joint foster care, and visitation for non-biological parents. In addition, the children of unmarried couples are denied the guarantee of child support and an automatic legal relationship to both parents, and are sometimes sent a wrongheaded but real negative message about their own status and family.
    Privilege: Unmarried couples are not protected against having to testify against each other in judicial proceedings, and are also usually denied the coverage in crime victims counseling and protection programs afforded married couples.
    Property: Unmarried couples are excluded from special rules that permit married couples to buy and own property together under favorable terms, rules that protect married couples in their shared homes and rules regarding the distribution of the property in the event of death or divorce.
    Retirement: In addition to being denied access to shared or spousal benefits through Social Security as well as coverage under Medicare and other programs, unmarried couples are denied withdrawal rights and protective tax treatment given to spouses with regard to IRA's and other retirement plans.
    Taxes: Unmarried couples cannot file joint tax returns and are excluded from tax benefits and claims specific to marriage. In addition, they are denied the right to transfer property to one another and pool the family's resources without adverse tax consequences.

    US Military Same-Sex Couples Denied Benefits As Pentagon Yet To Reach Deals With Overseas Host Countries

    Many of these rights seem obvious and rational conclusion in regards to a dynamic between two people who have dedicated themselves to each other. So many heterosexuals don't think twice about how easy it is to see they injured husband or wife while they are in a hospital. They don't understand that under a different circumstance they would not be given those privileges that seem so obviously their right to have. therefore a lot arguments offered by heterosexuals against ssm is steeped in ignorance of the disparity of legal privileges. Many straight people honestly believe that there are no rights that homosexuals are being barred from.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 07-03-14 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  9. #339
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    There are legal benefits. Outside of that it's a sentimental and grand expression of love.

    Currently Homosexuals not offered equal rights in regards to marriage are barred from these rights -

    Death: If a couple is not married and one partner dies, the other partner is not entitled to bereavement leave from work, to file wrongful death claims, to draw the Social Security of the deceased partner, or to automatically inherit a shared home, assets, or personal items in the absence of a will.
    Debts: Unmarried partners do not generally have responsibility for each other's debt.
    Divorce: Unmarried couples do not have access to the courts, structure, or guidelines in times of break-up, including rules for how to handle shared property, child support, and alimony, or protecting the weaker party and kids.
    Family leave: Unmarried couples are often not covered by laws and policies that permit people to take medical leave to care for a sick spouse or for the kids.
    Health: Unlike spouses, unmarried partners are usually not considered next of kin for the purposes of hospital visitation and emergency medical decisions. In addition, they can't cover their families on their health plans without paying taxes on the coverage, nor are they eligible for Medicare and Medicaid coverage.
    Housing: Denied marriage, couples of lesser means are not recognized and thus can be denied or disfavored in their applications for public housing.
    Immigration: U.S. residency and family unification are not available to an unmarried partner from another country.
    Inheritance: Unmarried surviving partners do not automatically inherit property should their loved one die without a will, nor do they get legal protection for inheritance rights such as elective share or bypassing the hassles and expenses of probate court.
    Insurance: Unmarried partners can't always sign up for joint home and auto insurance. In addition, many employers don't cover domestic partners or their biological or non-biological children in their health insurance plans.
    Portability: Unlike marriages, which are honored in all states and countries, domestic partnerships and other alternative mechanisms only exist in a few states and countries, are not given any legal acknowledgment in most, and leave families without the clarity and security of knowing what their legal status and rights will be.
    Parenting: Unmarried couples are denied the automatic right to joint parenting, joint adoption, joint foster care, and visitation for non-biological parents. In addition, the children of unmarried couples are denied the guarantee of child support and an automatic legal relationship to both parents, and are sometimes sent a wrongheaded but real negative message about their own status and family.
    Privilege: Unmarried couples are not protected against having to testify against each other in judicial proceedings, and are also usually denied the coverage in crime victims counseling and protection programs afforded married couples.
    Property: Unmarried couples are excluded from special rules that permit married couples to buy and own property together under favorable terms, rules that protect married couples in their shared homes and rules regarding the distribution of the property in the event of death or divorce.
    Retirement: In addition to being denied access to shared or spousal benefits through Social Security as well as coverage under Medicare and other programs, unmarried couples are denied withdrawal rights and protective tax treatment given to spouses with regard to IRA's and other retirement plans.
    Taxes: Unmarried couples cannot file joint tax returns and are excluded from tax benefits and claims specific to marriage. In addition, they are denied the right to transfer property to one another and pool the family's resources without adverse tax consequences.

    US Military Same-Sex Couples Denied Benefits As Pentagon Yet To Reach Deals With Overseas Host Countries

    Many of these rights seem obvious and rational conclusion in regards to a dynamic between two people who have dedicated themselves to each other. So many heterosexuals don't think twice about how easy it is to see they injured husband or wife while they are in a hospital. They don't understand that under a different circumstance they would not be given those privileges that seem so obviously their right to have. therefore a lot arguments offered by heterosexuals against ssm is steeped in ignorance of the disparity of legal privileges. Many straight people honestly believe that there are no rights that homosexuals are being barred from.
    So gay people would get married for the reason straight people do? Oh the horror!
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The burden is on the person wishing to restrict individual liberty. People don't have to explain why they want a right.
    Wanting a right and having a right are two different things. No "right to marry" ever was to include men marrying men. Or women marrying women.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •