Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 506

Thread: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

  1. #271
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,669

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Oh, and the "civil rights" tie in. Why? Oh, yea because the issue cant stand on its own.
    What issue should it stand on then? It is a civil rights issue....what else should the courts base it on? Your religious beliefs? Your opinion?

    Seems like the Constitution would be the correct guide......
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,669

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Speaking of ridicule worthy. You provide nothing to try to make a person think differently, only attack them and push them further into their beliefs. Good job.
    LOL Now you're the victim? ha ha ha

    People have provided dozens of constructive reasons and examples. You were not able to provide any harm or 'lifestyle' examples or any reason besides your personal opinion to deny people their civil rights.

    It's been explained how it's a civil rights issue, compared to blacks and women, and you choose to completely disregard it, not even attempt to show why.

    Hey....you used 'sissification' of America as a REASON And you object to 'ridicule worthy?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL Now you're the victim? ha ha ha

    People have provided dozens of constructive reasons and examples. You were not able to provide any harm or 'lifestyle' examples or any reason besides your personal opinion to deny people their civil rights.

    It's been explained how it's a civil rights issue, compared to blacks and women, and you choose to completely disregard it, not even attempt to show why.

    Hey....you used 'sissification' of America as a REASON And you object to 'ridicule worthy?'
    Not a victim at all. I do disregard it because its apples and oranges.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What issue should it stand on then? It is a civil rights issue....what else should the courts base it on? Your religious beliefs? Your opinion?

    Seems like the Constitution would be the correct guide......
    It shouldn't stand on any issue. Marriage is a man and a woman.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    It shouldn't stand on any issue. Marriage is a man and a woman.
    That is your opinion, nothing more. An opinion that hopefully in another 10 years will be dead. Cheers to SSM being legalized in all states and people like you having to either deal with it or leave the country.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,669

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Not a victim at all. I do disregard it because its apples and oranges.
    It's not apples and oranges. Lots of white bigots said the same things you are during the 60s and 70s. You just choose not to recognize it. Not surprising, it's not very flattering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #277
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    It shouldn't stand on any issue. Marriage is a man and a woman.
    Subjective. This is nothing more than your personal opinion. Under the way our laws work, it can easily accommodate same sex couples, and therefore there is no legitimate state interest reason to deny them the right to marry.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #278
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    It shouldn't stand on any issue. Marriage is a man and a woman.
    To reiterate what others have said, that is simply your subjective opinion. Many people think otherwise, and the Constitution ultimately dictates what the law of the land will be. And I guarantee the Constitution is not on your side.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  9. #279
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    There is nothing new about the issue. Gays want to get married and are using the courts to get their way. And be damned if you object.
    Yeah, how dare they insist you have a real reason for your objection.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #280
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    It shouldn't stand on any issue. Marriage is a man and a woman.
    Not any more, chief!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •