Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 506

Thread: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Congress should have done this, but it's full of conservatives from confederate states.....
    The ignorence in that part allone is overwhelming.

  2. #102
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The ignorence in that part allone is overwhelming.
    No, it just doesn't square with your worldview.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #103
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,839

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, Loving is part of that erosion process. That's a good point.
    Erosion of the state's right to erode individual rights? Oh, cry me a river.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Erosion of the state's right to erode individual rights? Oh, cry me a river.
    Erosion of the 10th Amendment. If the Fed wants to weigh in on marriage, hey that's great, and the only proper way is to make a Federal amendment so that marriage comes under Federal governance and is no longer left to the States.

    What happened in Loving and is happening with SSM is the Fed is ruling and a right which it has no authority to rule on.

    Gay marriage isn't about gays or marriage, its about attacking the Constitution.

    So, what we need is a federal marriage amendment defigning what marriage is and protecting fair and equal access to it.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-29-14 at 03:50 PM.

  5. #105
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,839

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Erosion of the 10th Amendment. If the Fed wants to weigh in on marriage, hey that's great, and the only proper way is to make a Federal amendment so that marriage comes under Federal governance and is no longer left to the States.

    What happened in Loving and is happening with SSM is the Fed is ruling and a right which it has no authority to rule on.

    Gay marriage isn't about gays or marriage, its about attacking the Constitution.

    So, what we need is a federal marriage amendment defigning what marriage is and protecting fair and equal access to it.
    Invoke the 10th, ignore the 9th and 14th. States do have a right to define marriage, but they must also comply with the constitution when they do so. Restricting marriage on the basis of race or gender is a violation of the 14th amendment.

    I'll ask again, since you ignored the question before:
    Do you think homosexual couples fighting for equality are doing it because they want to "attack the constitution?" Do you really think expanding individual liberty is a danger to the constitution?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Invoke the 10th, ignore the 9th and 14th. States do have a right to define marriage, but they must also comply with the constitution when they do so. Restricting marriage on the basis of race or gender is a violation of the 14th amendment.
    The 9th realy has nothing to do with the topic since no one is trying to use one right to trample on another. The 14th doesn't apply because the 14th was made to give recently freed slaves equal standing. Nothing more. Even to those who think the 14th applies, each sex has the same allowances and restrictions as the other, so there's no violation. The Loving decision even supported that standaed. Add to that SCOTUS has no authority to rule on marriage at all since marriage is a right wich falls to the states to regulate.

    The only legitimate way for the fed to regulate marriage is with a Constitutional amendment. That way the 10th makes it the Feds buisness. Untill then, the 10th makes it non of the Feds buisness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'll ask again, since you ignored the question before:
    Do you think homosexual couples fighting for equality are doing it because they want to "attack the constitution?"
    No, I think they're usefull idiots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you really think expanding individual liberty is a danger to the constitution?
    When don in this way, yes.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-29-14 at 11:11 PM.

  7. #107
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah | MSNBC


    More bigotry biting the dust and the 6 states under the 10 could all have equality for good soon.
    Its so amazing the change we are witnessing right before our very eyes. The ruling in the tenth is HUGE.


    Attachment 67168786

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On what basis should a government sanction a marriage? On what basis should a marriage not be sanctioned?
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    On what basis should a government sanction a marriage?
    The State has a "compelling interest" to infringe on your right to privacey on the basis of enshuring healthy raising and socializing of children, and supporting healthy, stable relationships.

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    On what basis should a marriage not be sanctioned?
    When the relationship is otherwise harmfull, such as incest. Same-sex relationships are not otherwise harmfull and thus should be afforded access to marriage.

  9. #109
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The State has a "compelling interest" to infringe on your right to privacey on the basis of enshuring healthy raising and socializing of children, and supporting healthy, stable relationships.


    When the relationship is otherwise harmfull, such as incest. Same-sex relationships are not otherwise harmfull and thus should be afforded access to marriage.
    Why limit the nature of the relationship to marriages of two people?
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gay marriage wins in Indiana and Utah

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Why limit the nature of the relationship to marriages of two people?
    I don't know. Why?

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •