Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 245

Thread: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

  1. #211
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    How was it going to stabilize prices? It did nothing but destabilize them. They became the highest ever in the past 30 years, using inflation adjusted dollars.
    As Ike famously said, "once hostilities begin, all plans go out the window".


    You discount the impact that Saddam's nationalisation of the regions second largest oil producer would have done to the market place, had it been let stand.

    And the involvement of Russia and China in the region. China is the largest exporter of ME oil, and their consumption has skyrocketed in the 13 years since Bush took the country to war on false pretence!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #212
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Weve been attacked for many reasons, including our values-as they aren't radical islamist. But these terrorists dont just attack us-they attack nations that have nothing to do with "ME interference".
    Because they know the US won't respond in kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,338

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    As Ike famously said, "once hostilities begin, all plans go out the window".


    You discount the impact that Saddam's nationalisation of the regions second largest oil producer would have done to the market place, had it been let stand.

    And the involvement of Russia and China in the region. China is the largest exporter of ME oil, and their consumption has skyrocketed in the 13 years since Bush took the country to war on false pretence!
    Don't you see, your argument we went in for oil is ridiculous. Nobody in their right mind would expect anything but oil prices to rise from reduced output in the global commodities market.

  4. #214
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Don't you see, your argument we went in for oil is ridiculous. Nobody in their right mind would expect anything but oil prices to rise from reduced output in the global commodities market.
    Don't you see, its not my argument!! I've posted the stated purpose being oil from multiple officials in both the US and UK governments. It's little skin off my teeth that you hide from this truth, but the shed blood, that troubles me.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #215
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,338

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Don't you see, its not my argument!! I've posted the stated purpose being oil from multiple officials in both the US and UK governments. It's little skin off my teeth that you hide from this truth, but the shed blood, that troubles me.
    That's not what they said though. That's what the journalist implied they said.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    That's not what they said though. That's what the journalist implied they said.
    Nobody has implied anything. You have been shown documentation both on and off record that the Iraq war was fought over oil, FOIA documents. Your dishonesty proves you're not interested in truth but protecting your party like the rest of the partisans on the left and right that are a dime a dozen.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #217
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,338

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nobody has implied anything. You have been shown documentation both on and off record that the Iraq war was fought over oil, FOIA documents. Your dishonesty proves you're not interested in truth but protecting your party like the rest of the partisans on the left and right that are a dime a dozen.
    Yes, I read it. Did you?

  8. #218
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I know, it's about your endless tirade on the president.
    Fact it this president is totally incompetent...Even a lot of Dems are saying so.......He is incompetent. The polls say so. His administration is crumbling.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #219
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,992

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Fact it this president is totally incompetent...Even a lot of Dems are saying so.......He is incompetent. The polls say so. His administration is crumbling.
    and the polls also show that the american people do not want to go back to iraq.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #220
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Fact it this president is totally incompetent...Even a lot of Dems are saying so.......He is incompetent. The polls say so. His administration is crumbling.
    Yep, I agree. About as similar to the Bush administration at this point. So what's the take away on this, we will have wasted 16 years on failed policies and ideas. Neither party is capable of leadership. Time for something new. But like your left wing partisan cousins, you'll continue to carry for yours as they do for theirs, and well have another 8 years of looser leadership in the Whitehouse, regardless of which party controls it. In the meantime, you massage yourself in Obama bashing and well all continue on in the same direction.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •