Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 245

Thread: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

  1. #201
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,214

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Links of opinion stated by people when several factors were in play?

    Ok.....
    I particularly like this opinion... people think of it as fact:

    I don't think the war would have happened if Iraq didn't have the second-largest oil reserves in the world,'' Porritt said in a Sky News television interview.
    How does this suggest it's about oil:

    "Let me just deal with the oil thing because... the oil conspiracy theory is honestly one of the most absurd when you analyse it. The fact is that, if the oil that Iraq has were our concern, I mean we could probably cut a deal with Saddam tomorrow in relation to the oil. It's not the oil that is the issue, it is the weapons..."

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I particularly like this opinion... people think of it as fact:



    How does this suggest it's about oil:
    Since we didn't go in for oil, didn't get any oil, and didn't even get repaid for the war, I dont see how it was about oil.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,214

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Since we didn't go in for oil, didn't get any oil, and didn't even get repaid for the war, I dont see how it was about oil.
    I wonder how many times the facts will be ignored. Clinton's Iraqi Liberation Act laid out the groundwork for a reason to remove Saddam. The UN resolutions were far from being complied with, in fact, Saddam was flagrantly impeding his what amounted to his parole. After the fear of WMD being used in another attack as bad as 9/11, it was a nobrainer to go in.

    All Saddam had to do to save his sorry ass, was comply with the UN resolutions.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Links of opinion stated by people when several factors were in play?

    Ok.....
    Some response Lord. Testimony and documentation besides casual interviews with former Bush/Blair administration officials confirm that the war in Iraq, had nothing to do with the war on terror, nor did Iraq have any connection to OBL, al Qaeda or the 9/11 attacks, but rather was for the stabilisation of oil supply/price. Your dishonesty and partisan cover is part of the reason we have such corruption in Washington!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #205
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I wonder how many times the facts will be ignored. Clinton's Iraqi Liberation Act laid out the groundwork for a reason to remove Saddam. The UN resolutions were far from being complied with, in fact, Saddam was flagrantly impeding his what amounted to his parole. After the fear of WMD being used in another attack as bad as 9/11, it was a nobrainer to go in.

    All Saddam had to do to save his sorry ass, was comply with the UN resolutions.
    And the rest of us wonder how long you and USC are going to ignore the facts?


    Plans to exploit Iraq's oil reserves were discussed by government ministers and the world's largest oil companies the year before Britain took a leading role in invading Iraq, government documents


    The papers, revealed here for the first time, raise new questions over Britain's involvement in the war, which had divided Tony Blair's cabinet and was voted through only after his claims that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...q-2269610.html

    So, only after Blair joined in the lie about Iraqi WMD, and scared his parliament did they pass thru a go vote.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #206
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People



    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    They don't see it that way Dave. It's just all bad politics on Obama's watch. Corporate America gets the GOP pass.
    And they don't under Obama's watch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #207
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    And do we have a direct interest in making sure AQ is obliterated? Right now our president is acting as if we dont, though we was swift to take credit for things when they were going well. I disagree. Im not going to lose this war only to be worse off than when we started it.
    How much better off do you think the US would be if they won the war? They already won it once and look what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post




    And they don't under Obama's watch?
    Yes! They absolutely do, read more of my posts. I'm an apologist for neither party. Big money has influenced US policy and law for a very long time now and both parties pander to it. The take away from this, DON'T BE A PARTISAN.



    The Rothschilds

    "The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." — Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

    "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #209
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,214

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Some response Lord. Testimony and documentation besides casual interviews with former Bush/Blair administration officials confirm that the war in Iraq, had nothing to do with the war on terror, nor did Iraq have any connection to OBL, al Qaeda or the 9/11 attacks, but rather was for the stabilisation of oil supply/price. Your dishonesty and partisan cover is part of the reason we have such corruption in Washington!!
    How was it going to stabilize prices? It did nothing but destabilize them. They became the highest ever in the past 30 years, using inflation adjusted dollars.

  10. #210
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Syrian Warplanes Strike in Western Iraq, Killing at Least 50 People

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Until the US is attacked again.
    Then respond with Hell's fire, not appeasement. The time for politically correct wars is over. Strength is greatest negotiation tool leadership in the ME, Westen Europe, and the radical Far East understands.

    War is Hell.
    William Tecumseh Sherman
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •