Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 805

Thread: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

  1. #791
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,799

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, and of course there are no resources in California or along the East Coast. It is very easy to show what you are unwilling to accept, red states have a growing population, growing job market and a growing GDP. What is wrong with people like you, jealousy trumps reality. Steal shamelessly and you could create a Red state economy in your blue state
    Yes there are resources in California...I don't care. I want proof that red states as a whole are doing better economically than blue states. Proof...statistic?

    I bet you won't respond, or if you do, you'll simply deflect sans stats or anything worthwhile
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  2. #792
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    Yes there are resources in California...I don't care. I want proof that red states as a whole are doing better economically than blue states. Proof...statistic?

    I bet you won't respond, or if you do, you'll simply deflect sans stats or anything worthwhile
    They are easy to find, go to BLS.gov for the unemployment and employment numbers, Census bureau for the population, and Google economic results by state. Of course you want me to do that for you because then you can denounce them. Doing the research will prove my statement true.

    What facts do you want me to provide?

    Here are the June unemployment numbers by state, how many of the top 20 are Red States?

    http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

  3. #793
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,799

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They are easy to find, go to BLS.gov for the unemployment and employment numbers, Census bureau for the population, and Google economic results by state. Of course you want me to do that for you because then you can denounce them. Doing the research will prove my statement true.

    What facts do you want me to provide?

    Here are the June unemployment numbers by state, how many of the top 20 are Red States?

    Unemployment Rates for States


    I think it was 12/13?

    Why do I want you to find the statistics?? because you were the person who claimed that Red states economically carried the country in spite of blue states... Prove it. Unemployment percentage is only one metric, that too a metric that does not necessarily warrant your claim


    Pro-Democrat group says 9 of the 10 poorest states are Republican | PolitiFact Rhode Island

    GOP States Are The Most Dependent On Government

    Anyways you're going to ignore those numbers by disputing the source, even if the NUMBER's themselves are valid.
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  4. #794
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    I think it was 12/13?

    Why do I want you to find the statistics?? because you were the person who claimed that Red states economically carried the country in spite of blue states... Prove it. Unemployment percentage is only one metric, that too a metric that does not necessarily warrant your claim


    Pro-Democrat group says 9 of the 10 poorest states are Republican | PolitiFact Rhode Island

    GOP States Are The Most Dependent On Government

    Anyways you're going to ignore those numbers by disputing the source, even if the NUMBER's themselves are valid.

    What statistics do you want?

    Stop buying the Democrat Rhetoric, You post what a Democrat Group says without getting the details. You claim the GOP States are dependent on the govt, dependent on what? You think that the Red states don't deserve their tax dollars back? Do you have any idea where the money comes from that the govt. spends?

    Red states are poor, by what standard? Cost of living? Why is it that one of the most liberal States, California has so many making minimum wage and living below the poverty level
    As for the states of the top 20, 13 have Republican Governors

  5. #795
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? California is doing great, a new liberal success story, Unemployment 7.4% ranking near the bottom, Unemployment Rates for States

    California has the highest number in the nation below the poverty level, the most in the nation earning a minimum wage, billions in long term debt but this is a success to you? Percentage change must make you feel good but not when you put a face on those percentages, over 1.5 million making California minimum wage, highest numbers in poverty, jobs leaving the state yet illegals entering the state to take advantage of the California free lunch paid for by the taxpayers. This your idea of a success?
    LOL with his selective spin...rather than actual facts. The TRUTH is that its not California, but rather TEXAS that is tied with Mississippi as the state with the largest numbers of people working for minimum wage. Texas also ranks high on poverty....low on healthcare and education.

    Wanna know the actual facts about Texas....not just the con spin? http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...texas-economy/
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #796
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL with his selective spin...rather than actual facts. The TRUTH is that its not California, but rather TEXAS that is tied with Mississippi as the state with the largest numbers of people working for minimum wage. Texas also ranks high on poverty....low on healthcare and education.

    Wanna know the actual facts about Texas....not just the con spin? Fact-checking claims about the Texas economy | PolitiFact
    Selective spin? you are the master and I knew I could count on you to continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the reality. Now had you said that TX leads the nation in the number of people who are paid the FEDERAL minimum wage, you would have been accurate, but the reality is, BLS only counts the Federal Minimum wage, not the 1.6 million Californians who before July 1, 2014 were paid $8 an hour vs the 7.25 per hour Federal Minimum wage. States can and do set their own minimum wage which is why the minimum wage isn't a Federal Issue but that reality as usual escapes people like you who are married to an ideology that fails everywhere in the world but liberal arrogance continues to say ignore the results we can succeed here.

    Don't need Politifact to tell me about TX. I have lived and worked here since 1992, the best move I have ever made. Spent a lot of time in California and the entitlement mentality there turned me off. Didn't want to raise my kids there. I will let the people speak and the reality is hundreds of thousands of people are moving to TX, Businesses are relocating to TX, 52 of the Fortune 500 Companies are headquartered in TX, The medical industry is a major force in TX, and TX has one of the lowest cost of livings in the nation. I can see why liberals like you are jealous.

  7. #797
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q | Fox Business

    Congratulations, Liberals, you are getting what you want, A European Socialist economy dependent on a Federal Govt. run by liberals and with more people dependent on that govt. for existence. This is exactly what you get when you elect and re-elect a totally unqualified individual to the highest office in the land, High unemployment, high debt, low economic growth are the new normal in this country
    The void of real unemployment , less jobs and small business on edge and Obam's 15 dollar an hour 15 dollar an hour wage increase will systematically bring us into a depression....

    Remember those idiots making 15 an hour will also be the ones paying for an inflation - what does that do for the minimum wage? its nothing more than inflation - then you got Obama's nefarious attacks on corporatios and small businesses....

    .
    hours

  8. #798
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    We are talking about the shrinking of the economy, the national debt now and then, and Reagan's tripling of the national debt and our subsequent fall from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation. And thus the reason we are in the horrible shape were in today. Btw, do you know anything other than partisan? Also, I'm no fan of obamanomics either. It seems physical conservatism exists in speak only.
    The spending under Reagan killed the Soviet Union, so it wasn't bad. The real crisis began under Bush, and continues under Obama, who turned out to be Bush on steroids.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #799
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The spending under Reagan killed the Soviet Union, so it wasn't bad. The real crisis began under Bush, and continues under Obama, who turned out to be Bush on steroids.
    Have you noticed how liberals love to use percentage change when it relates to spending but never debt as a percent of GDP when it relates to that spending? Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates people like this who buy rhetoric and have selective research and reasoning skills? The debt at the end of the Reagan term was around 50% of GDP, Debt today is over 100% of GDP.

    I grew up a Democrat but was smart enough to see the party leave me. Some here will realize that some day as well but others are simply hopeless

  10. #800
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,818
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The void of real unemployment , less jobs and small business on edge and Obam's 15 dollar an hour 15 dollar an hour wage increase will systematically bring us into a depression....

    Remember those idiots making 15 an hour will also be the ones paying for an inflation - what does that do for the minimum wage? its nothing more than inflation - then you got Obama's nefarious attacks on corporatios and small businesses....

    .
    hours
    Hmm. That is worrying indeed. At this moment, the government with it's huge outstanding debt can ill afford to be paying increased interest rates on that debt. Assuming, of course, that increased interest rates are tied to inflation (they both go up together?).
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •