Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 805

Thread: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

  1. #711
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    My interpretation ?

    LOL ! No, youe not getting it. I'm simply posting data from the 2000 Joint economic commission that stated that under Reagans administration 35 Million jobs were created.

    There's no reason for ne to mitigate Reagan's numbers.

    I happen to be a proud Conservative.
    Perhaps you should read what you wrote again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #712
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    YOU haven't debunked anything, let alone the 35 Million new jobs created during the Reagan administration.

    Or the 92 straight months of economic growth, or the decreased in spending per GDP .

    You'll never "debunk" anything considering your twisted Bush obsession and or your generic and corrupted left wing positions.

    You've politicized every issue, traded away objectivity and truth for a long list of false narratives and talking points.

    And that's YOUR problem, not mine.
    I just googled "a 2000 Joint economic commission". The only reference to it was a link back to your post (which is kinda cool in itself).
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #713
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,666

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    It depends on how you look at it, and what metrics you chose to ignore and which ones you chose to use as examples and how you adjust those figures (inflation, population growth, percent of GDP, etc). One can make an argument either way.

    Growth of discretionary spending has been lower under Obama than any other recent president. If you want to lower non-discretionary spending, you need to look to congress to cut social security and medicare.

    Regardless, under Obama, our deficit has so far increased by a much smaller percent than under Reagan.








    What a bunch of bull****

    Your source is lying to you by switching between debt and deficit as if they are the same word.

    Who added the most to the debt during their presidency, Bush or Obama?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #714
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    YOU haven't debunked anything, let alone the 35 Million new jobs created during the Reagan administration.

    Or the 92 straight months of economic growth, or the decreased in spending per GDP .

    You'll never "debunk" anything considering your twisted Bush obsession and or your generic and corrupted left wing positions.

    You've politicized every issue, traded away objectivity and truth for a long list of false narratives and talking points.

    And that's YOUR problem, not mine.
    I think it's quite obvious, you would be the obsessed one.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #715
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I think it's quite obvious, you would be the obsessed one.
    Yes, I'm a bit obsessive whem it comes to the truth.

  6. #716
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,234

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I just googled "a 2000 Joint economic commission". The only reference to it was a link back to your post (which is kinda cool in itself).

    " The Great Expansion " How can it be achieved and how can it be sustained ".

    Google that, add your own arbitrary adjustments, post some left wing drek again that confuses Debt and Deficit again.

    Do what ever you need to do to make yourself feel better.

  7. #717
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    What a bunch of bull****

    Your source is lying to you by switching between debt and deficit as if they are the same word.

    Who added the most to the debt during their presidency, Bush or Obama?
    It is what it is. You don't think that the CBO is a legitimate source?

    One day you will realize that actual economic history almost never supports conservative rhetoric. It took me years to discover that. Sorry I hurt your feelings with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #718
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    " The Great Expansion " How can it be achieved and how can it be sustained ".

    Google that, add your own arbitrary adjustments, post some left wing drek again that confuses Debt and Deficit again.

    Do what ever you need to do to make yourself feel better.
    Are you talking about the article that said this?

    The business cycle expansion from 2001 to 2007 was the weakest on record for job growth and was the first business cycle on record where median household incomes did not grow. Indeed, income of the typical working-age household dropped by $2,180 between 2000 and 2007.
    From free-fall to stagnation: Five years after the start of the Great Recession, extraordinary policy measures are still needed, but are not forthcoming | Economic Policy Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #719
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Yes, I'm a bit obsessive whem it comes to the truth.
    That's subjective. Meanwhile, we've been burdened with national debt for 35 years, both parties nearly equally contributing to it, receding economy and political gridlock, and blaming it all on one person or party seems the best solution to you.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #720
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,666

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    It is what it is. You don't think that the CBO is a legitimate source?
    They are CBO numbers fed through TPM propaganda. The CBO didn't create those charts. TPM is the one trying to make debt and deficit mean the same thing.

    One day you will realize that actual economic history almost never supports conservative rhetoric. It took me years to discover that. Sorry I hurt your feelings with facts.
    No hurt feelings. You gave in to TPM propaganda. I also realize you refused to answer my simple question about who added the most to the national debt, sorry if that fact hurts your feelings.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •