Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 805

Thread: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

  1. #621
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, Bush proposed a budget that projected a 500 billion dollar deficit and if enacted would have generated a 500 billion dollar debt especially if the TARP money had been returned to the Treasury with the interest paid instead of being recycled. you see, Obama knew he would get his minions to blame Bush so rather than have a 500 billion debt he had a 1.8 trillion debt and blamed Bush for it.

    Thanks for acknowledging that Bush didn't sign the 2009 budget therefore how could it be his deficit? Proposals mean nothing but If Obama didn't like the budget why did he sign it? when he signed it he accepted responsibility for the deficit he continues to blame Bush for.
    Historically the budget year starting under one president is always counted as his spending. Now you are trying to change the previously accepted attribution policy because it doesn't fit your agenda. I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing that. And it works great for you, because you can now count Clintons budget year, when we ran a slight surplus, in Bush's success.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #622
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Historically the budget year starting under one president is always counted as his spending. Now you are trying to change the previously accepted attribution policy because it doesn't fit your agenda. I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing that. And it works great for you, because you can now count Clintons budget year, when we ran a slight surplus, in Bush's success.
    If it is signed and passed yes it would be Bush's spending but it wasn't. The fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September so you must be telling me that Bush spent all that money from October, 2008 to January 21, 2009 then accept your error and admit it is Obama's spending and thus Obama's deficit?

  3. #623
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The free money checks were not based upon income taxes paid, so it's really not fair to pretend that they were tax rebates. They were indeed free money checks to the people who received them. If you sent me a check without asking anything from me in return, that would be free money to me. I fully recognize that there was a cost to you, but it is still free money to me.

    Any time that my customers have more money, it does help me. Thats why I support cutting taxes.



    They printed it. Anyhow, I'm not advocating for free money, I expect to earn every penny that I get. I do not support subsidies or welfare.



    Sure, Reagan bought lots of votes with his tax cuts and huge deficit spending. So did George Bush.
    Look, I don't believe you have a clue how our govt works, where did the "free money" come from? The govt. printed it? Prove it

    Here is the statement and the rebate checks and yes it was based upon income earned and came out of income tax revenue

    T
    he package will pay $600 to most individual taxpayers and $1,200 to married taxpayers filing joint returns, so long as they are below income caps of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for couples. There is also a $300 per child tax credit
    If you don't pay taxes you didn't get a rebate thus there is nothing free about this money

  4. #624
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If it is signed and passed yes it would be Bush's spending but it wasn't. The fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September so you must be telling me that Bush spent all that money from October, 2008 to January 21, 2009 then accept your error and admit it is Obama's spending and thus Obama's deficit?
    Bush set the budget into action.

    Regardless, that all time record deficit was much more because of the decline in tax revenue than it was an increase in spending. Now are you going to blame the decline in tax revenues on Obama also? Or did the Great Bush Recession have anything to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #625
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Bush set the budget into action.

    Regardless, that all time record deficit was much more because of the decline in tax revenue than it was an increase in spending. Now are you going to blame the decline in tax revenues on Obama also? Or did the Great Bush Recession have anything to do with it.
    Bush made a proposal, it was rejected by Congress. Continuing resolutions were passed by Congress at 2008 spending levels and income levels. There was no 2009 budget until Obama signed it in March 2009. You are having a problem admitting that you are wrong, the question is why?

  6. #626
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush made a proposal, it was rejected by Congress. Continuing resolutions were passed by Congress at 2008 spending levels and income levels. There was no 2009 budget until Obama signed it in March 2009. You are having a problem admitting that you are wrong, the question is why?
    So Bush served for 8 years, yet you only hold him accountable for 7 years of budgets. I guess if Hillary fails to get elected, you will just add that extra year to the Obama's talley, crediting him with 9 years of budgets during his 8 years of service. Yea, whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #627
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    So Bush served for 8 years, yet you only hold him accountable for 7 years of budgets. Yea, whatever.
    Yeah, whatever, you cannot admit you are wrong. Bush budget was not passed by Congress and you hold him responsible for the proposal claiming that the proposal caused the deficit? And you claim you aren't a liberal? Wow

  8. #628
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yeah, whatever, you cannot admit you are wrong. Bush budget was not passed by Congress and you hold him responsible for the proposal claiming that the proposal caused the deficit? And you claim you aren't a liberal? Wow
    What I am saying is that it is rediculous to claim that Bush only had 7 budget years when he served 8 years as POTUS.
    One doesn't have to be a liberal to see that you are a partisan hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #629
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The fact is this is the worst recovery ever from a recession and it has everything to do with the lack of leadership by someone who never led anything.
    Actually, it really has everything to do with the fact there should not have been a recovery when it happened. The central banks and governments of the world just showered the Earth with money to prevent a rapid collapse of the financial system. It was a crisis delayed rather than a crisis averted. Honestly, an investment bank with nearly $640 billion in assets collapsed in a month where two quasi-governmental mortgage insurers with trillions of dollars in assets were taken over by the government to prevent collapse and a trillion-dollar insurance company was pushed to the brink of collapse as well. By all rights most of the major banking institutions should have failed and a lot of the other large corporations as well. Anyone who honestly thinks papering over the losses actually saved the economy is being delusional. Eventually, the junk is going to have to work its way out of the system.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  10. #630
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I'm not a liberal, so I can answer that question...

    2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    So sure enough, Bush didn't sign it, but he did propose it. It was his concept, his baby. Obama did nothing but deliver it.

    Which is part of the reason that I constantly point out that there is virtually no difference between our two major parties. The obama policies are 99% the same as the Bush policies.
    Huh ?

    Why would he threaten to Veto " his baby" ?

    FY 2009 was Pelosi's budget, written for a Democrat win in 2008.

Page 63 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •