Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 805

Thread: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

  1. #601
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Homestead, Fl
    Last Seen
    08-11-15 @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    I remember that I saw a report like this back in May, if I am not mistaken. When I saw it, I thought it was going to have a strong negative impact on the number of jobs that were going to be created. But, when the job report was released at the beginning of this month everything was quite okay at total of +217,000 were created. I don't think that is going to have much of an impact on the number of jobs that will be created in the following months.

  2. #602
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lets look at it HONESTLY.

    Obama signed 9 out of the 12 Spending appropriations bills from Pelosi's FY2009 Budget.

    He then passed " Stimulus " ( a pay off to the Unions ) and then ran 3 Consecutive TRILLION dollar plus annual deficits.

    So he lowered deficit spending from 1.3 Trillion down to 600 Billion for the years following ?

    Big damn deal , it still equates to 6 trillion added to our debt in 5 years.

    What are you trying to prove ?
    Just that anyone can present the metrics to "prove" any point that they chose to "prove". And you just did that. You also shifted the last Bush budget year into Obama's column to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #603
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by greatar4 View Post
    ... When I saw it, I thought it was going to have a strong negative impact on the number of jobs that were going to be created...
    No one can consistantly predict the economic future of anything. Seems like everytime I focus in on a particular event or situation, and then try to make a projection of the future based upon that one factor, I am wrong about 50% of the time.

    Of course when I am correct, I make claim to being an economic genius, and when I am incorrect, it's because of other factors which "distorted the market."
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #604
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,304

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Just that anyone can present the metrics to "prove" any point that they chose to "prove". And you just did that. You also shifted the last Bush budget year into Obama's column to do that.

    Like I said, lets be HONEST about what Obama's responsible for in terms of spending.

    The "metric " I used accounts for ALL of his spending.

    The FY 2009 Budget was Pelosi's budget which Bush threatened to VETO.

    It included massive amounts of new spending and was written that way with the hopes of a Democrat win in 2008.

    What metric are you using ? The one that absolves Obama in place of a false narrative that Republicans are the party of debt ? Because thats BS.

  5. #605
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    imagep;1063477967]So you were just pretending that the free money in the mail program of 2008 didn't happen. Selective memory is a common trait among ideologues.
    Now this is scary and you claim to be a business owner? Wow, free money? Do you have any idea where that money came from that was rebated to you? I don't know many American workers who call getting some of their money back getting free money?


    I thought that it ended in March or April of 2009, but regardless of that, I think it had just pretty much burned itself out. The spendulous bill probably did contribute slightly, but mostly likely for psychological reasons more than anything else (I am under the impression that the recession ended about the same time that the first spendulous checks were being distributed).

    Regardless, no president was going to stand by and let our economy go down the toilet while doing nothing. I don't care who was elected, that person would have pushed for some sort of stimulous program.

    I would have preferred massive tax cuts for the worker/consumer class, and a significant reduction in corporate income tax rates.
    Officially the recession ended in June 2009 long before those shovels ever got to the states for those shovel ready jobs. In fact some are still waiting for their shovels. The fact is this is the worst recovery ever from a recession and it has everything to do with the lack of leadership by someone who never led anything. Obama thinks he is a king and his every word makes a difference. He wasn't qualified in 2008 and after over 5 years on the job he still remains unqualified.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    So please, tell me what Reagan did and I'll let Obama know he should do it. Should Reagan raise taxes like he did in 1982? The national debt tripled during Reagan's presidency, so that's not something the Democrats need to learn how to do. Maybe it was the deregulation of industry that Carter started? I'm guessing that you're thinking about the magic wand our great leader waved which made everything all better.
    Reagan cut INCOME TAXES THREE YEARS IN A ROW!!!!! GET IT YET?? The taxes he raised were use taxes so if you didn't use the problem you didn't pay any more in taxes.

    The national debt did indeed triple during the Reagan years, yes, it went up 1.7 trillion dollars while the economy doubled to over 5.2 trillion so tell me what percentage of GDP is the 2.6 trillion Reagan left? (he inherited 900 billion, a double dip recession, and added 1.7 trillion to the debt. That remains about 50% of GDP. what is it now?

    You people are really something else, most too young to understand what Reagan did but there is a reason he won 49 states in 1984, one of these days you will figure out why?

    Doubt seriously you were around when Reagan was in office and probably a twinkle in your parents eye but the reality is he inherited a much worse economy than Obama where everyone suffered. He took his economic program to the people and the people loved it and the economic growth was the largest expansion in U.S. History. Figure out what the components are of GDP and get back to me. Maybe then you will stop making a fool of yourself with posts like this one.

  7. #607
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    From what I understand, he spent our country into prosperity.
    Actually according to you he gave people free money for after all doesn't all money belong to the govt? You own a business? Wow

  8. #608
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Deficit spending under Obama is LOWER than it was under Bush ?


    Honestly, how you can say that with a straight face is beyond me ?

    Especially after the last 6 years.
    you do have to remember liberal math, increasing the debt by 1.7 trillion is a lot worse than increasing it by 6.8 trillion because the percentage change is better on the 6.8 trillion dollars. Debt service doesn't matter.

  9. #609
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lets look at it HONESTLY.

    Obama signed 9 out of the 12 Spending appropriations bills from Pelosi's FY2009 Budget.

    He then passed " Stimulus " ( a pay off to the Unions ) and then ran 3 Consecutive TRILLION dollar plus annual deficits.

    So he lowered deficit spending from 1.3 Trillion down to 600 Billion for the years following ?

    Big damn deal , it still equates to 6 trillion added to our debt in 5 years.

    What are you trying to prove ?
    I am waiting for any liberal who claims the 2009 deficit was Bush's to show me the Bush signature on the passed budget? I have been waiting now for 6 years but all I get is rhetoric and the basic lies.

  10. #610
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now this is scary and you claim to be a business owner? Wow, free money? Do you have any idea where that money came from that was rebated to you? I don't know many American workers who call getting some of their money back getting free money?
    It was free money to the people who received it. All you had to do was to file income taxes and you got the check. Imagine if I just mailed you a check, without demanding anything from you, you wouldn't consider that free money? If that ain't free money, I don't know what is.



    Officially the recession ended in June 2009 long before those shovels ever got to the states for those shovel ready jobs. In fact some are still waiting for their shovels. The fact is this is the worst recovery ever from a recession and it has everything to do with the lack of leadership by someone who never led anything. Obama thinks he is a king and his every word makes a difference. He wasn't qualified in 2008 and after over 5 years on the job he still remains unqualified.
    It's very possible and even likely that the expectation of some economic recovery due to the spendulous bill did stimulate our economy. It's normally conservatives who point to uncertainty and expectations as a cause of a poor economy, I don't see why the expectations and security of the spendulous bill (to whatever extent it created that) couldn't have contributed to ending the recession. Regardless, with or without the spendulous bill, it's highly likely that the recession would have ended that same month or shortly after.

    those on the left will almost always claim that the spendulous sped up recovery, those on the right will always deny such. We will never be able to prove one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •