Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 805

Thread: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

  1. #441
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,774

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I understand that leadership isn't something you understand but I certainly would like to know exactly what Obama didn't get that he wanted from the Democrat controlled Congress in 2009-2010. Leadership is about talking responsibility and not placing blame.

    You don't seem to get it, we contracted almost 3% so a 3% gain in the second quarter puts us back to zero. In an economy that contracted like it did in 2008 should be in the 6-7% range creating hundreds of thousands of jobs. That isn't going to happen with liberal economic policies

    I find liberal excuse making tiresome and a waste of time to respond. there is a reason Obama has such poor JAR numbers, maybe you can figure them out. As long as you have such low expectations that is always what you are going to get.
    Are you familiar with the term "filibuster?"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #442
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    This is wrong. Big business is the engine that drives the economy.



    It's fairly cheap to start a business...
    Your opinion noted but obviously you have never started a business. Further your definition of big business? That isn't the engine that drives the economy, the small town businesses do that and those are the ones liberals are killing. You think big business pays minimum wage? If so you really are very naive.

  3. #443
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I was talking about the color blue. But I don't see how EPA standards have any effect on small businesses. That's something that relates to really, really, really big businesses. Like Cargill, which is based in Minnesota. Or 3M, which is based in Minnesota too. Moving on, most of the Keystone Pipeline is operational now, right? And that's.... so what's the problem there? That part of it hasn't been approved yet? Well, it will be. But I don't think reviewing the Keystone Pipeline has much to do with slow economic growth, that's a single hot button issue even though domestic oil production is higher right now than I think ever before. It's certainly grown during Obama's tenure. So again, I think you're wrong. And the "attacks on individual wealth creation" is just rhetoric, it literally means nothing in this case.

    Yeah, the Minnesota media is super socialist, 99% of the reporting is about weather, fishing, and hunting, but the other 1% is about how Castro's Cuba is just. By the way, Minnesota has consistently been near the top for education, standard of living, health. In a lot of areas we are #1 or close to it. So the presumption that I'm too stupid to understand the world because I'm from Minnesota is pretty absurd.
    You have no idea how much regulations cost small businesses. Stop buying the rhetoric and get the actual results. Being from Minnesota certainly has skewed your ability to do any research.

  4. #444
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've actually had no trouble showing that they made no actual difference. I've also linked economists and others saying the effect is minor. Compared to other factors. So, I stand on pretty firm ground here.
    No, you cannot show that they had no difference because the results show they have. You deny that reality but have no problem believing tax cuts or people keeping more of what they earn contributed significantly to the deficit. That is what you want to believe and therefore nothing is going to change your mind. The reality is however that you are defeating your own argument and the results make you look foolish. You cannot explain how 17 million jobs were created after the tax cuts nor can you prove that those jobs would have been created without the tax cuts. You want to buy what certain economists tell you and ignore economists that differ with you

  5. #445
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you familiar with the term "filibuster?"
    Yes, and the House cannot filibuster anything. Democrats know how to filibuster in the Senate just like Republicans, the difference is Obama has no interest in negotiating with anyone and instead believes he is king. Do you realize that Reagan got over 60 Democrats to agree with his economic plan. That is what leaders are capable of doing. Obama is no leader, has no leadership skills nor do most of his supporters.

  6. #446
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you cannot show that they had no difference because the results show they have. You deny that reality but have no problem believing tax cuts or people keeping more of what they earn contributed significantly to the deficit. That is what you want to believe and therefore nothing is going to change your mind. The reality is however that you are defeating your own argument and the results make you look foolish. You cannot explain how 17 million jobs were created after the tax cuts nor can you prove that those jobs would have been created without the tax cuts. You want to buy what certain economists tell you and ignore economists that differ with you
    No, they don't. This recession, for example, is under the Bush tax cuts. But don't start. We both the trouble you have reading your own stats.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #447
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they don't. This recession, for example, is under the Bush tax cuts. But don't start. We both the trouble you have reading your own stats.
    This recession is also under the JFK and Reagan Tax cuts as well so apparently tax cuts are supposed to last for ever regardless of the reality that expenses especially the size of the Federal Govt. continues to increase. Absolutlely amazing how little logic and common sense liberals have. The Bush tax cuts were fully implemented after July 2003 and we were five years later when the recession began.

    Keep posting the negative, partisan articles promoting bigger govt. and that tax cuts are an expense to that govt. We all know exactly where you stand and how you have a problem keeping more of even what you earn.

  8. #448
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This recession is also under the JFK and Reagan Tax cuts as well so apparently tax cuts are supposed to last for ever regardless of the reality that expenses especially the size of the Federal Govt. continues to increase. Absolutlely amazing how little logic and common sense liberals have. The Bush tax cuts were fully implemented after July 2003 and we were five years later when the recession began.

    Keep posting the negative, partisan articles promoting bigger govt. and that tax cuts are an expense to that govt. We all know exactly where you stand and how you have a problem keeping more of even what you earn.
    And you can't cut them to zero either. If they were the largest factor, we wouldn't be here now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And you can't cut them to zero either. If they were the largest factor, we wouldn't be here now.
    No, but you can certainly cut the size of the 3.8 trillion dollar Federal Govt and do what most Americans do if you predict less money coming in although after every tax cut when fully implemented Income tax revenue to the govt. increased and in many cases to record levels. You see, putting more money into the hands of the American people creates the atmosphere for economic growth and job creation. Reagan created 17 million jobs, Bush after 9/11 created 9 million jobs until 2008 and those results are undeniable. You claim it didn't have anything to do with the tax cuts but cannot prove differently. Will never understand people like you who seem to have a problem keeping more of what you earn and yet never question how your tax dollars are being spent by bloated Federal bureaucrats all because they tell you it is spending in the name of compassion.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am sure you have a good heart and mean well but stop thinking with your heart and use the brain. Do you really believe that we need a 3.8 trillion dollar Federal Govt and individual state taxes to fund help to those truly in need? Stop buying the liberal rhetoric for all liberals really care about is keeping people dependent and thus retaining their power. Nothing hurts liberalism more than individuals keeping more of what they earn thus need less of that so called liberal help
    Domestic policy is different than foreign policy. The former requires heart while the latter requires cold realism.

    I'm sorry, but if keeping my fellow Americans alive via government assistance comes with the consequence that they do not vote for your team, then so be it. Why? People's lives > politics.

Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •