Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 805

Thread: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q[W:487:681]

  1. #111
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I doubt they are accurate considering that the current administration is dependent on cooking the numbers, doesn't matter if it's the economy, secured borders or repealing DADT.

    The actual GDP is probably worst than what we are being led to believe.
    No previous administration was ever concerned with cooking the books?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #112
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    For Christ's sake. The current state of affairs is good for corporate America, both parties pander to corporate America, all economic policies you'll see coming out of Washington will be beneficial to corporate America and I'd does not matter whether a smart ass or a dumb elephant is running things. But I'm pretty sure the dumb elephants appreciate you guys.
    Well, only a fool throws away his vote and votes green, and no one who works and pays taxes is going to vote blue. So, there isn't much other choice.

    The thing I find most amusing is that you leftists one minute are bemoaning how so many corporations have left the country and taken the jobs with them, and the next minute you are vilifying the corporations which are still here providing jobs for Americans simply because they are in business to make money rather than being charitable organizations, which is what business, and trade, and commerce are all about to start with.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  3. #113
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Well it is just what is being forecast by economists.
    All of a sudden the economy is going to experience quadriple growth over a single quarter? There's no way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Most times, at great failure. Zero times was there permanent success. The last 7 years prov that the goavernment can't fix the econony.
    Actually they prove that the government, regardless of which party is in power, isn't interested in fixing the economy. In fact this current economy has been good for corporate America, and that's who BOTH parties pander to. Have you had a look at corporate profits over this time period, compared with individual economic success during the same period?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #115
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't stick by Obama. I just am disgusted by partisan rhetoric from both sides which ignores that we have been colossally screwed by both sides.
    Well, watch your grandfather clock. The pendulum swings left then it swings right, but the time is what the clock is all about. IMO, both sides just have different methods for getting our money. But no 'green' candidate has ever won, and only by choosing a side in the fray will any American ever have a chance. After having been a registered Democrat for 47 years, a good portion of that being a blue dog, I finally realized that, as an American and single woman making 6 figures and paying in enough taxes each year to support a family of 6 under the federal poverty guidelines, the Democrats were not going to do one thing to help me keep any of my hard earned money. As a retiree, I realized that they also are not going to help me realize any more income through SS, and so about a year ago, I did something I thought I would never do - I changed my registration to Republican.

    I agree that both sides are equally egregious, but US citizens need to get into the fray choose the side that works best for them, vote either Democrat or Republican, and then hold their asses to the fire. Any individual citizen who has not done that is equally at fault.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,017

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When people have more debt than net worth they stop spending, Obama just steps on the gas.
    I see no indication that people "stop spending" because of high debts. If I'm paying $2500 in rent, and I wind up paying $2500 for a mortgage, it's not going to significantly change my spending habits. It's only when the payments for the debt grow too great that there's an issue.


    You continue to always blame someone else.
    That's because in this case, Bush 43 bears a lot of responsibility for the current deficit situation.

    Do you really deny that Bush policies resulted in 2 wars, big tax cuts, and a new Medicare benefit? Do you really deny that Obama inherited the worst recession in over 70 years? Do you really not understand that Obama cut those huge deficits roughly in half?


    The individual sure doesn't have any control over their decisions and what they make, do they?
    The huge gap in income inequality isn't a result of individual effort and choice. It's a result of government policies, which mean the wealthy keep more of their gains; and 40 years of stagnant wages for most Americans.


    How does allowing people to keep more of what they earn increase the income gap?
    Low capital gains taxes means keeping more assets, which means more income. Lower estate taxes mean high earners keep more assets, which in turn increases their income. Cutting benefits for the poor means reducing their income, and exacerbating the divide.

    Do you really need me to explain it to you? You claim to know so much more than me about economics...

  7. #117
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Well, only a fool throws away his vote and votes green, and no one who works and pays taxes is going to vote blue. So, there isn't much other choice.

    The thing I find most amusing is that you leftists one minute are bemoaning how so many corporations have left the country and taken the jobs with them, and the next minute you are vilifying the corporations which are still here providing jobs for Americans simply because they are in business to make money rather than being charitable organizations, which is what business, and trade, and commerce are all about to start with.
    What in the world makes me a leftist? And before Reagan/Thatcher started a war on unions, corporations were good for the small guy. On another point, you'll never see comprehensive immigration reform because unsecured borders provide cheap labor for big business and has the added bonus of driving down Americans wages. Again, both parties are ****ing us, most just don't understand that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #118
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Actually they prove that the government, regardless of which party is in power, isn't interested in fixing the economy. In fact this current economy has been good for corporate America, and that's who BOTH parties pander to. Have you had a look at corporate profits over this time period, compared with individual economic success during the same period?
    Why do you consistantly cheering for the big government party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Well, watch your grandfather clock. The pendulum swings left then it swings right, but the time is what the clock is all about. IMO, both sides just have different methods for getting our money. But no 'green' candidate has ever won, and only by choosing a side in the fray will any American ever have a chance. After having been a registered Democrat for 47 years, a good portion of that being a blue dog, I finally realized that, as an American and single woman making 6 figures and paying in enough taxes each year to support a family of 6 under the federal poverty guidelines, the Democrats were not going to do one thing to help me keep any of my hard earned money. As a retiree, I realized that they also are not going to help me realize any more income through SS, and so about a year ago, I did something I thought I would never do - I changed my registration to Republican.

    I agree that both sides are equally egregious, but US citizens need to get into the fray choose the side that works best for them, vote either Democrat or Republican, and then hold their asses to the fire. Any individual citizen who has not done that is equally at fault.
    I don't give a **** what party you belong to, but I do think its funny that you think the republicans will let you keep your six figures.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #120
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Economy Shrinks By Most Since Great Recession in 1Q

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why do you consistantly cheering for the big government party?
    What have you missed here? I have denounced both parties, and most recently in the post you just quoted, what's wrong with you man?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •