Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 184

Thread: Cochran wins

  1. #51
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    When you're the GOP winner, and hard leftist are happy you won, the country loses.
    actually, it is because the reich wing kkkook lost that causes those on the left to be so pleased
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #52
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    actually, it is because the reich wing kkkook lost that causes those on the left to be so pleased
    That you so try to demonize and dehumanize those with a differing view from yours makes your point of view null and void.

    You try to paint the Tea Party as racist, not because there is any actual evidence of this, but because the media told you too. You paint them as Nazi, not because Nazi's are Right Wing, but because you have no blasted clue what the Nazi's were (a mix of leftwing and nationalist/racist policies blended into the mixer a mad mans mind, shaken AND stirred for good measure) and you call them Kook's because you have no actual intellectual rebuttal to the Tea Party platform. For you, the thought of people freed from Government regulation is horrifying, people might make wrong choices and rich people might get richer and poor people might not have 99 weeks of unemployment, housing, meals and bills paid for! The horror!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #53
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    A carpet bagger is someone who runs for office in a district they just moved to or do not live in.
    Like Hillary Clinton.

  4. #54
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,855

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i don't think the republican base is going to forgive Cochran for appealing to African american voters to to vote for him. i heard that mcdanials might consider a write-in campagin to get on the november ballot. if that happens... then Childers has a shot at winning.
    Oh please, stop the race baiting.
    McDaniel is neither a racisit or a "kook" as some Republican elites and Democrats love to claim. He simply stands for less federal government growth, fiscal responsibility, and secured borders and constitutional first principles. It's Republicans like former Mayor Bloomberg who believe in things like food police, crony capitalism (corporatism), amnesty and carbon footprints, and a huge welfare system that dropped a quarter million into Cochran's coffers that wanted Cochran to win.

    Cochran won but not within his own party. It took the others to drag that old man across the finish line. Does that stick in some folks crawl? You bet. Now McDaniel doesn't need to run as an Independent. His supporters just won't show up to vote on election day and the Democrat will win. To them they might as well let a Democrat take the office than hold their nose to vote for a guy who pretends to be a Republican. One way or another, Cochran is finished.
    Last edited by vesper; 06-25-14 at 09:04 AM.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    A carpet bagger is someone who runs for office in a district they just moved to or do not live in.
    Hillary Clinton - NY

  6. #56
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more: Mississippi primary election results: Thad Cochran leads in nail-biter - POLITICO.com

    Cochran pulls out the win with a broad base of support. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Slash and burn campaigns in primaries often lead to the opposite party's victory in November. But this is Mississippi and there is 4 month of healing time between now and November. We will have to wait 2-3 weeks for the dust to settle to see whether the slash and burn will effect Cochran in the general.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,927
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    open primary i believe
    wonder if it was the democrats who pushed thad over the top
    I haven't seen any exit polls and it is hard to say. But Childers, the Democratic nominee was urging Mississippi Democrats to vote for McDaniel as Childers thought he would be easier to beat in November. Now the national news media got caught up in Cochran wanting Democrats to support him, but the national media remained pretty silent on Childers push for his fellow Mississippi Democrats to vote for McDaniel in the runoff. We really won't know until some exit polls are published. Now if you were a Mississippi Democrat who would you be more likely to listen to? Childers, your Democratic nominee and vote for McDaniel if you did vote in the runoff or to Cochran, a Republican whom the Mississippi Democratic party wanted to see defeated for a long, long time. I think I would listen more to my nominee than a Republican who was asking for my help. But we shall see.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #58
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,676

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That you so try to demonize and dehumanize those with a differing view from yours makes your point of view null and void.

    You try to paint the Tea Party as racist, not because there is any actual evidence of this, but because the media told you too. You paint them as Nazi, not because Nazi's are Right Wing, but because you have no blasted clue what the Nazi's were (a mix of leftwing and nationalist/racist policies blended into the mixer a mad mans mind, shaken AND stirred for good measure) and you call them Kook's because you have no actual intellectual rebuttal to the Tea Party platform. For you, the thought of people freed from Government regulation is horrifying, people might make wrong choices and rich people might get richer and poor people might not have 99 weeks of unemployment, housing, meals and bills paid for! The horror!

    But there is no denying that the TEA Party is anti-crony capitalism, pro-small government, and a staunch defender of Israel just like the Nazis would have been.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #59
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Obama got 44% of the vote in MS in 2012 without campaigning there, which can be spun several ways.
    McDaniel had already made a ton of mistakes, just waiting for Fall commercials.

    He was easily another Akin/Mourdock, and I heard one of his supporters talk today of "legitimate votes",
    in reference to enforcing a 1942 Jim Crow law.

    Akin and Mourdock didn't just hurt the GOP in MO and IN--they helped drag the GOP down .
    ... or more likely, another Ted Cruz..... I agree the guy had the potential to shoot himself (and his party) in the foot with a bazooka like so many tea party buffoons before him, but Mississippi is much, much "redder" than Missouri and Indiana. I am not confident that we would get the same outcome. I think we would just get another buffoon in the Senate.

  10. #60
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Cochran wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I haven't seen any exit polls and it is hard to say. But Childers, the Democratic nominee was urging Mississippi Democrats to vote for McDaniel as Childers thought he would be easier to beat in November. Now the national news media got caught up in Cochran wanting Democrats to support him, but the national media remained pretty silent on Childers push for his fellow Mississippi Democrats to vote for McDaniel in the runoff. We really won't know until some exit polls are published. Now if you were a Mississippi Democrat who would you be more likely to listen to? Childers, your Democratic nominee and vote for McDaniel if you did vote in the runoff or to Cochran, a Republican whom the Mississippi Democratic party wanted to see defeated for a long, long time. I think I would listen more to my nominee than a Republican who was asking for my help. But we shall see.
    No question that Childers would prefer to face McDaniel. He is a much weaker opponent in a state-wide race. But, as a Progressive, I will take Cochran over McDaniel as I don't believe a Dem could beat either one in Mississippi. That said, I don't pretend to really no Mississippi politics..... its one of a few states that I have never even been to (nor do I have any desire to go).... so, I acknowledge my Mississippi ignorance.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •