Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 97

Thread: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

  1. #61
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,488

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The government is bound by the Constitution? In which dimension is that the case?
    Maybe I should have added "suppose to be bound" It obvious that ship has mostly sailed.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  2. #62
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Bush holds the gold medal for this...
    Of course, Bush isn't president. But when your guy does something wrong, the first run to is 'but bush!' Sort of like the 6 years of blaming Bush (and anyone else he can think of) that has come out of the whitehouse. Thanks. We know you will support 'your guys' no matter what they do.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,838

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    I don't see it.
    What don't you see? That if you start with incorrect premises you deduction goes into the wilderness?

  4. #64
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    4,810

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    What don't you see? That if you start with incorrect premises you deduction goes into the wilderness?
    Please, back up your point.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-05-18 @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,838

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Please, back up your point.
    Why? If you haven't looked it up by now, you aren't seriously interested.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Have you ever considered that they might hate us because we invaded their country and destroyed it? That we kill their people for no reason at all?
    That's essentially what I was saying. It really is such a no brainer that escapes so many, strange huh?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #67
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Have you ever considered that they might hate us because we invaded their country and destroyed it? That we kill their people for no reason at all?
    Their leaders hated us before we even stepped into their country.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #68
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    36,034

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Of course, Bush isn't president. But when your guy does something wrong, the first run to is 'but bush!' Sort of like the 6 years of blaming Bush (and anyone else he can think of) that has come out of the whitehouse. Thanks. We know you will support 'your guys' no matter what they do.
    And all you do is dodge facts by trying to use this tired tactic of ignoring very recent history. This is the blind hypocrisy of you folks bellowing out bull**** faux outrage as if you know nothing of recent history. It's either incredible ignorance or willful ignorance and simply trying to enlighten you of facts has you responding by plugging your ears and scream "IM NOT LISTENING!!!!!!!11!!11!" It matters not how much you want to ignore facts and history and your hypocrisy... they are all still factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #69
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    He was essentially the Jihadist Jane Fonda.
    Too bad we didn't have drones with hellfires in the 1960's. Oh oh... was that overly insensitive and mean spirited? Good....
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #70
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,411

    Re: U.S. Memo Outlines Rationale for Drone Strikes on Citizens

    Did anyone read the memo? And if so, can they describe in concise language how they tried to get around the 4th amendment?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •