Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    A Polish magazine said Sunday it has obtained recordings of a conversation in which Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski says the country's strong alliance with the U.S. "isn't worth anything" and is "even harmful because it creates a false sense of security."

    In a short transcript of the conversation, a person identified as Sikorski by the magazine Wprost tells former finance minister, Jacek Rostowski, that Poles naively believe the U.S. bolsters their security. Using vulgar language, the person argues that such beliefs are nonsense, and that the Polish-U.S. alliance alienates the Russians and Germans.

    Wprost last week set off a political storm in Poland with the release of a recording of a conversation between central bank head Marek Belka and Interior Minister Bartlomiej Sienkiewicz. In the recording the two discussed how the bank could help the governing party win re-election in 2015, an apparent violation of the bank's independence.....snip~

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-polish-...102515845.html
    Associated Press 44 minutes ago!


    Despite the Poles finding themselves in their own scandals. This is now getting around. That with other leaders not having any confidence with the US. Or that we will even stick to our word. More and more are becoming vocal and it all has to do with BO and hi foreign policy. What say ye?

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A Polish magazine said Sunday it has obtained recordings of a conversation in which Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski says the country's strong alliance with the U.S. "isn't worth anything" and is "even harmful because it creates a false sense of security."

    In a short transcript of the conversation, a person identified as Sikorski by the magazine Wprost tells former finance minister, Jacek Rostowski, that Poles naively believe the U.S. bolsters their security. Using vulgar language, the person argues that such beliefs are nonsense, and that the Polish-U.S. alliance alienates the Russians and Germans.

    Wprost last week set off a political storm in Poland with the release of a recording of a conversation between central bank head Marek Belka and Interior Minister Bartlomiej Sienkiewicz. In the recording the two discussed how the bank could help the governing party win re-election in 2015, an apparent violation of the bank's independence.....snip~

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-polish-...102515845.html
    Associated Press 44 minutes ago!


    Despite the Poles finding themselves in their own scandals. This is now getting around. That with other leaders not having any confidence with the US. Or that we will even stick to our word. More and more are becoming vocal and it all has to do with BO and hi foreign policy. What say ye?
    It is certainly true that the Polish proximity to the US causes anger among the Europhiles and in certain but largish parts of the population here in Germany as it does towards the UK. As you know, I am no great admirer of Obama. But this problem is much more fundamental and long running.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    It is certainly true that the Polish proximity to the US causes anger among the Europhiles and in certain but largish parts of the population here in Germany as it does towards the UK. As you know, I am no great admirer of Obama. But this problem is much more fundamental and long running.
    Well it doesn't look good on us.....considering he went and paid them a personal visit recently. Not to have this headlining thru the News.

    Funny that corruption isn't it.....and how it all works out.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well it doesn't look good on us.....considering he went and paid them a personal visit recently. Not to have this headlining thru the News.

    Funny that corruption isn't it.....and how it all works out.
    I didn't say Obama was making the US look better. He is not. But the problem is one that has fostered for decades over here that Obama is not good enough to counter. This will probably get worse as Germany is increasingly forced to abandon its practice of free riding and has to allocate larger amounts of money into weapons. Judging by the way things usually run here, the political class will use anti-american populism to justify the costs. That will increase the negative feelings in the population and the direction that Germany pushes its neighbors should increasingly be in the same direction as the EU founders and external enemies become increasingly required to glue the dream together.

  5. #5
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well it doesn't look good on us.....considering he went and paid them a personal visit recently. Not to have this headlining thru the News.

    Funny that corruption isn't it.....and how it all works out.
    I recall when the Obamas visited the Queen of England last year. One of the other stops on that trip was a visit to Poland. Michelle decided to return home, instead, even though the people had gone to a lot of trouble and expense to plan fun things for her to do, leaving Barack to make excuses. It's neither wise nor polite to insult an ally who could have a long memory!

    Greetings, MMC.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I recall when the Obamas visited the Queen of England last year. One of the other stops on that trip was a visit to Poland. Michelle decided to return home, instead, even though the people had gone to a lot of trouble and expense to plan fun things for her to do, leaving Barack to make excuses. It's neither wise nor polite to insult an ally who could have a long memory!

    Greetings, MMC.


    Well BO just had the Leader of New Zealand here.....word was BO made it a point to make sure that New Zealand would invite him to visit. Says he always wanted to visit there.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I didn't say Obama was making the US look better. He is not. But the problem is one that has fostered for decades over here that Obama is not good enough to counter. This will probably get worse as Germany is increasingly forced to abandon its practice of free riding and has to allocate larger amounts of money into weapons. Judging by the way things usually run here, the political class will use anti-american populism to justify the costs. That will increase the negative feelings in the population and the direction that Germany pushes its neighbors should increasingly be in the same direction as the EU founders and external enemies become increasingly required to glue the dream together.


    To be honest.....I would like the French to start paying for all their own too. Not just Germany.

    What do you think about this Silenski being picked to replace Ashton?

  8. #8
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well BO just had the Leader of New Zealand here.....word was BO made it a point to make sure that New Zealand would invite him to visit. Says he always wanted to visit there.
    I'll just bet he did! He does love to travel when there are problems here, doesn't he?

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A Polish magazine said Sunday it has obtained recordings of a conversation in which Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski says the country's strong alliance with the U.S. "isn't worth anything" and is "even harmful because it creates a false sense of security."

    In a short transcript of the conversation, a person identified as Sikorski by the magazine Wprost tells former finance minister, Jacek Rostowski, that Poles naively believe the U.S. bolsters their security. Using vulgar language, the person argues that such beliefs are nonsense, and that the Polish-U.S. alliance alienates the Russians and Germans.

    Wprost last week set off a political storm in Poland with the release of a recording of a conversation between central bank head Marek Belka and Interior Minister Bartlomiej Sienkiewicz. In the recording the two discussed how the bank could help the governing party win re-election in 2015, an apparent violation of the bank's independence.....snip~

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-polish-...102515845.html
    Associated Press 44 minutes ago!


    Despite the Poles finding themselves in their own scandals. This is now getting around. That with other leaders not having any confidence with the US. Or that we will even stick to our word. More and more are becoming vocal and it all has to do with BO and hi foreign policy. What say ye?
    what I say is that your continued cheering for anti-American nonsense is disturbing.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    what I say is that your continued cheering for anti-American nonsense is disturbing.
    That's more than likely due to your usual in trying to think for others and 9 and 3 quarter times of getting it wrong.....when you can figure that part about Country First. Then you Might have some ground from which you can speak from. Or when you spill blood for this country then you have the Right to say.....whatever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •