Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You would be welcome to it, MMC, because I don't get much pleasure from criticizing a country for which I have great regard.. But perhaps it's also time people had some hometruths arrive on their doorstep.
    Well criticizing one that usually gets it wrong.....isn't criticizing the Country. Its showing a failure and the damage a fool can cause a country.

    Jim Brown says.....Say it Loud and Proud!

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    05-02-16 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,809

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A Polish magazine said Sunday it has obtained recordings of a conversation in which Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski says the country's strong alliance with the U.S. "isn't worth anything" and is "even harmful because it creates a false sense of security."

    In a short transcript of the conversation, a person identified as Sikorski by the magazine Wprost tells former finance minister, Jacek Rostowski, that Poles naively believe the U.S. bolsters their security. Using vulgar language, the person argues that such beliefs are nonsense, and that the Polish-U.S. alliance alienates the Russians and Germans.

    Wprost last week set off a political storm in Poland with the release of a recording of a conversation between central bank head Marek Belka and Interior Minister Bartlomiej Sienkiewicz. In the recording the two discussed how the bank could help the governing party win re-election in 2015, an apparent violation of the bank's independence.....snip~

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-polish-...102515845.html
    Associated Press 44 minutes ago!


    Despite the Poles finding themselves in their own scandals. This is now getting around. That with other leaders not having any confidence with the US. Or that we will even stick to our word. More and more are becoming vocal and it all has to do with BO and hi foreign policy. What say ye?
    Do you think the tense situation with Russia has something to do with it? Where they might not want to be involved in an armed conflict with a nuclear powered neighbor?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 24107 View Post
    Do you think the tense situation with Russia has something to do with it? Where they might not want to be involved in an armed conflict with a nuclear powered neighbor?
    Heya 24 Not really. The Poles were talking pretty hardline when the Ukraine first started jumping off with Russia.

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    As a side note, the Poles got screwed over in 1939 as well.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Now they're gettin' it...

  6. #26
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A Polish magazine said Sunday it has obtained recordings of a conversation in which Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski says the country's strong alliance with the U.S. "isn't worth anything" and is "even harmful because it creates a false sense of security."

    In a short transcript of the conversation, a person identified as Sikorski by the magazine Wprost tells former finance minister, Jacek Rostowski, that Poles naively believe the U.S. bolsters their security. Using vulgar language, the person argues that such beliefs are nonsense, and that the Polish-U.S. alliance alienates the Russians and Germans.

    Wprost last week set off a political storm in Poland with the release of a recording of a conversation between central bank head Marek Belka and Interior Minister Bartlomiej Sienkiewicz. In the recording the two discussed how the bank could help the governing party win re-election in 2015, an apparent violation of the bank's independence.....snip~

    http://news.yahoo.com/report-polish-...102515845.html
    Associated Press 44 minutes ago!


    Despite the Poles finding themselves in their own scandals. This is now getting around. That with other leaders not having any confidence with the US. Or that we will even stick to our word. More and more are becoming vocal and it all has to do with BO and hi foreign policy. What say ye?
    Howdy MMC! I don't have a problem with a little isolationism when it comes to the US being looked upon as the worlds premier security force. Perhaps Poland (and many other countries for that matter) will play nicer with their neighbours and work things out more amicably if they know that the US isn't standing behind them.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Howdy MMC! I don't have a problem with a little isolationism when it comes to the US being looked upon as the worlds premier security force. Perhaps Poland (and many other countries for that matter) will play nicer with their neighbours and work things out more amicably if they know that the US isn't standing behind them.

    Heya Monte. Ltns.....missed you around here. We do have some things up with International. Glad to see you back here at DP, again. Not to mention you are up on most of it.

    Yeah I a not so into the Poles internals. But I was reading what these Bruthas were saying here.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    He is absolutely right to be so critical. The United States has failed our allies in Eastern Europe miserably.

  9. #29
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,833
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    He is absolutely right to be so critical. The United States has failed our allies in Eastern Europe miserably.
    Seems like this has been the case ever since President Obama made the decision NOT to deploy the planned missile shield system in Poland. Also makes me think that this decision also served to embolden Putin and Russia behaving like they did WRT the Crimea and the Ukraine.

    Yes, the choice to decline was in fact made.
    For America today, decline is not a condition. Decline is a choice. Two decades into the unipolar world that came about with the fall of the Soviet Union, America is in the position of deciding whether to abdicate or retain its dominance. Decline--or continued ascendancy--is in our hands.
    . . . .
    Facing the choice of whether to maintain our dominance or to gradually, deliberately, willingly, and indeed relievedly give it up, we are currently on a course towards the latter. The current liberal ascendancy in the United States--controlling the executive and both houses of Congress, dominating the media and elite culture--has set us on a course for decline. And this is true for both foreign and domestic policies. Indeed, they work synergistically to ensure that outcome.
    Decline Is a Choice | The Weekly Standard
    The New Liberalism and the end of American ascendancy.
    Oct 19, 2009, Vol. 15, No. 05 * By CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  10. #30
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Report: Polish minister says US ties Worthless.....

    Poland is asking themselves "What has the US done for us lately?" The answer - nothing good and nothing much. They should view their own interests and develop relationships that are beneficial to them - the US isn't doing much in that arena. Closer ties with Russia and Germany could benefit them economically and militarily.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •