Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 251

Thread: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

  1. #1
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Leading Republicans on Thursday insisted that America's leaders must do more to defend Christian values at home and abroad, blaming President Barack Obama for attacks on religious freedom as they courted religious conservatives expected to play a crucial role in the next presidential contest.

    Read more of this article here: http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-ob...lues-192212780




    If these guys had said that Obama must defend America's 1st Amendment values they would have had my and a lot of other peoples support.

    I don't believe that this will win many elections for them.

    BTW: if anyone can point out where it says in the U.S. Constitution that defending Christian values is the presidents job, I'd like to see it.

    This sounds like a bunch of far right religious malarkey to me.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP
    Last edited by shrubnose; 06-20-14 at 05:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    `
    I read someplace in the New Tea Party coloring book version of the US Constitution that presidents must defend Christian values as opposed to the Constitution itself.

  3. #3
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-ob...-election.html

    While polls suggest that social conservatives are losing their fight against gay marriage, Republican officials across the political spectrum concede that evangelical Christian voters continue to play a critical role in Republican politics.

    "You can ignore them, but you do so at our own peril," said Republican operative Hogan Gidley, who has worked for former presidential candidates Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee.
    Is this a plea to the President or to the GOP? Seems GOP voter sure did ignore both Santorum and Huckabee.


  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    BTW: if anyone can point out where it says in the U.S. Constitution that defending Christian values is the presidents job, I'd like to see it.
    If someone can Show that, it will take me very much by surprise.

  5. #5
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    If someone can Show that, it will take me very much by surprise.
    Sure in the GOP version, where abortion is banned, being gay is a capital offense and women, Muslims, blacks, Latinos, and Jews are denied the vote.
    PeteEU

  6. #6
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Maybe its just me, but I don't believe religious views should be part of politics. That just creates problems because apparently there are many Gods and many religions, so who is to say what religion reigns supreme? Separation of church and state.....religious zealots have no place in congress. We need rational thinkers, not emotional reactors.

  7. #7
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,377

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    I read someplace in the New Tea Party coloring book version of the US Constitution that presidents must defend Christian values as opposed to the Constitution itself.
    Do you read a lot of coloring books?

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Sure in the GOP version, where abortion is banned, being gay is a capital offense and women, Muslims, blacks, Latinos, and Jews are denied the vote.
    And you think it says that in the Constitution?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Leading Republicans on Thursday insisted that America's leaders must do more to defend Christian values at home and abroad, blaming President Barack Obama for attacks on religious freedom as they courted religious conservatives expected to play a crucial role in the next presidential contest.

    Read more of this article here: http://news.yahoo.com/republicans-ob...lues-192212780







    If these guys had said that Obama must defend America's 1st Amendment values they would have had my and a lot of other peoples support.

    I don't believe that this will win many elections for them.

    BTW: if anyone can point out where it says in the U.S. Constitution that defending Christian values is the presidents job, I'd like to see it.

    This sounds like a bunch of far right religious malarkey to me.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP
    Obama has done nothing more than attack Christian values - devaluing many men and children -- it is almost Hitleresque.

  10. #10
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Republicans: Obama must defend Christian values

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Obama has done nothing more than attack Christian values - devaluing many men and children -- it is almost Hitleresque.
    Godwin in 9. Not an impressive turnout, guys. Let's pick it up next time.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •