Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 158

Thread: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

  1. #51
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    An excuse for what? He asked 2 question and I answered them. FFS. Nobody said anything about excuses (except you).
    Politically motivated sounds like an excuse. If politically motivated, ignore it. That sounds like an excuse. However, the question is whether he broke the law or not. Not anything else.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This is a major political bombshell. Looks like Governor Walker, who is considering a presidential run in 2016, is about to be indicted for corruption. But let me put a little wrinkle in this:

    What is a felony in Wisconsin is perfectly legal in many other states, which begs the question..... Does Walker really deserve to go to prison over this? And this begs yet another question.... Is this investigation politically motivated?

    Discussion?

    Article is here.
    Oh another campaign fund attack by the left while they make it sound as if he did something wrong - which he didn't.

    Democrats have turned campaign fraud into an art form, then they dare attack a guy like Walker???

    They're only attacking him because he's an anti-union republican. Now had he been Charlie Rangle everything would have been just ****ing fine and dandy and he would have had a standing ovation.

  3. #53
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Politically motivated sounds like an excuse. If politically motivated, ignore it. That sounds like an excuse. However, the question is whether he broke the law or not. Not anything else.
    Then you need to ask the OP needs to update his questions. I copied them verbatim - and gave 3 word answers. Nobody asked if the politicial motivation was an excuse.

    I also don't recall saying it should be ignored. Did I?

  4. #54
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Then you need to ask the OP needs to update his questions. I copied them verbatim - and gave 3 word answers. Nobody asked if the politicial motivation was an excuse.

    I also don't recall saying it should be ignored. Did I?
    Yup, one of my questions was if it was politically motivated. Walker probably broke the law here, but the prosecution here does seem politically motivated. Karl Rove would be drooling to do the same if the shoe had been on the other foot. But, again, I ask "Is Wisconsin's law unconstitutional"? I haven't seen this question addressed by many, because they either want to attack Walker or defend Walker.

    So what about the constitutionality of the Wisconsin law, as in First Amendment? Walker seems to be very interested in this aspect of the case, since this is the argument his legal team has been making for months.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #55
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    No, the recall election has come and gone.
    Then why the hunt for any kind of dirt on Walker by the other team? Both teams are dirty, so they need to realize this, get over the loss, and move on. That's all I'm saying. Ever since the recall the other team has been trying to dig up anything they can on Walker and I'm sick of hearing about it on local news. The state is fine. Jobs are slowly rising here and WI is one of the most solvent states when it comes to pensions. I have no issue with Walker.

  6. #56
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    smells like grasping for political straws. i find Walker to be the kind of idiot whose actions actively harm the average working American, but i hate this political witch hunt **** even more. everybody is doing this slimy funding stuff because we actively encourage rich people to buy our government. there might be a couple elected politicians who don't, but they are in the vast, vast minority.

    folks on both sides, this is what gerrymandering, allowing the entities with money to buy the government, and extreme partisan attitudes are doing to your country. ask yourself if you're really ok with that.
    Could you elaborate on what policy of his harms the average worker?

  7. #57
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Then why the hunt for any kind of dirt on Walker by the other team? Both teams are dirty, so they need to realize this, get over the loss, and move on. That's all I'm saying. Ever since the recall the other team has been trying to dig up anything they can on Walker and I'm sick of hearing about it on local news. The state is fine. Jobs are slowly rising here and WI is one of the most solvent states when it comes to pensions. I have no issue with Walker.
    It's a travesty that politicians you support have opponents who think he should obey the law
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #58
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's a travesty that politicians you support have opponents who think he should obey the law
    Who said he broke the law? Show me the guilty verdict. Thats what I thought. I would focus more about the failed politics in NY if I were you rather than a state halfway across the US.

  9. #59
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSaindo View Post
    Who said he broke the law? Show me the guilty verdict.
    Do you believe OJ was innocent of murder?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,243

    Re: John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This is a major political bombshell. Looks like Governor Walker, who is considering a presidential run in 2016, is about to be indicted for corruption. But let me put a little wrinkle in this:

    What is a felony in Wisconsin is perfectly legal in many other states, which begs the question..... Does Walker really deserve to go to prison over this? And this begs yet another question.... Is this investigation politically motivated?

    Discussion?

    Article is here.
    As the article points out, Walker has said this has already had State & Federal judicial review and they both said it was BS.
    Was he wrong?

    But the real irony here is that what Walker is accused of doing is a staple of the Democrat Party, probably both parties, actually, but the tactic was created by the Soros machine as a loophole in campaign finance laws which he was instrumental in pushing.

    No ... this is strictly about trying to damage Walker for November 2014 and November 2016.
    They cut down the fat guy now they need to cut down the bane of the Unions.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •