Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 105

Thread: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

  1. #91
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    It's getting bad for Obama, but plenty of Obamaphiles will never abandon ship.

    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It's getting bad for Obama, but plenty of Obamaphiles will never abandon ship.

    You are right, Obamaphiles won't, much as their cousins, the Bush sluts didn't. It's the partisans way, and they both together form a majority.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #93
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... Abu Graib, Valerie Plame, FEMA's mishandling of Katrina, fake reporters at White House briefings, Halliburton, waterboarding, torture of US soldiers, Lawyergate, Yellowcake forgery, payment of columnists, Abramoff, Scooter Libby, PRISM Surveillance, Walter Reed? Yeah. Nothing. Nothing at all.
    Abu Graib - people went to prison, no direct connection to Bush.

    Hurricane Katrina - Obama's FEMA office in New Jersey working on Hurricane Sandy rekief closed for a week because bad weather.

    Valerie Plame - Bush had nothing to do with it. It was Richard Armitage that told reporters that Plame workes at CIA and she wasn't a covert agent, anyway.

    Torture of US soldiers?

    Lawyergate, fake reporters, and the rest - Obama wishes those were the only scandals he was dealing with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Abu Graib - people went to prison, no direct connection to Bush.
    Neither does the IRS "scandal" or ACORN "scandal" .

    Hurricane Katrina - Obama's FEMA office in New Jersey working on Hurricane Sandy rekief closed for a week because bad weather.
    In superstorm Sandy, Gov. Chris Christie praises Obama's crisis leadership - The Washington Post

    But no photo opp in the world can top the praise of a job well done that comes from an affected, outspoken governor from the other party. In comments that perfectly encapsulated not only the severity of the storm but the divisiveness of our national politics and the bluntness of the speaker, New Jersey governor Chris Christie—primetime GOP convention speaker and frequent campaign surrogate for Mitt Romney—heaped praise on Obama’s initial reaction to the storm.
    Valerie Plame - Bush had nothing to do with it.
    Obama had nothing to do with Benghazi. Or do you have evidence that says otherwise?

    It was Richard Armitage that told reporters that Plame workes at CIA and she wasn't a covert agent, anyway.
    DoS is under whose management? I'll wait.

    Torture of US soldiers?
    USATODAY.com - The ordeal of Chaplain Yee

    Accused of espionage, Army Capt. James Yee saw his notoriety bloom overnight. He was vilified on the airwaves and on the Internet as an operative in a supposed spy ring that aimed to pass secrets to al-Qaeda from suspected terrorists held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, where Yee ministered to them. After his arrest, Yee was blindfolded, placed in manacles and taken to a Navy brig, where he spent 76 days in solitary confinement.

    Eight months later, all the criminal charges against the 36-year-old West Point graduate have melted away. A subsequent reprimand has been removed from his record. And while many legal analysts are questioning whether a security-conscious military over-reached in its investigation, Yee is back home at Fort Lewis, Wash., pondering what remains of his military career.

    Military officials involved in the case won't say what they thought they had on Yee, or why they pursued him with such zeal. Prosecutions are proceeding against three other men — two Arabic translators and an Army Reserve colonel — who worked at Guantanamo, where the military is holding nearly 600 suspected al-Qaeda and Taliban operatives captured in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
    Maybe tortured was a bit of an exaggeration. He was blindfolded, handcuffed and placed in solitary confinement without reason. Then, the military brought up no charges and waved goodbye to him.

    Lawyergate, fake reporters, and the rest - Obama wishes those were the only scandals he was dealing with.
    Not really. If you were actually objective about this you'd realize that not only did Bush plummet a whole 40% points whereas Obama has basically gone down about half of that (not really all that bad given what he got was given). So no, I doubt that Obama would want Bush's problems. He's got a higher approval rating than Bush without the added boost of a 9/11 type of event with Bush essentially squandered. So no, not in a million years would he want Bush's problems.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #95
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,090

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Bush scandals were nothing compared to Obama's. Funny how you claim that you're not a Liberal, but you couldn't wait to mention Bush.
    Fabricating war is no big deal... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #96
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Fabricating war is no big deal... LOL!
    Are y'all still clinging to that talking point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #97
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Neither does the IRS "scandal" or ACORN "scandal" .



    In superstorm Sandy, Gov. Chris Christie praises Obama's crisis leadership - The Washington Post





    Obama had nothing to do with Benghazi. Or do you have evidence that says otherwise?



    DoS is under whose management? I'll wait.



    USATODAY.com - The ordeal of Chaplain Yee



    Maybe tortured was a bit of an exaggeration. He was blindfolded, handcuffed and placed in solitary confinement without reason. Then, the military brought up no charges and waved goodbye to him.



    Not really. If you were actually objective about this you'd realize that not only did Bush plummet a whole 40% points whereas Obama has basically gone down about half of that (not really all that bad given what he got was given). So no, I doubt that Obama would want Bush's problems. He's got a higher approval rating than Bush without the added boost of a 9/11 type of event with Bush essentially squandered. So no, not in a million years would he want Bush's problems.
    FEMA disaster center shuttered “due to weather” - Salon.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,053

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Are you just posting stuff to look good? Read your own article:

    … FEMA spokesman Carter Langston said that the mobile centers were shuttered and staff moved inland because they were not structurally sound enough to weather the storm, which could put their staff in danger.
    You're comparing FEMA moving inland to get its employees out of harms way during a hurricane, to FEMA's mishandling of the hurricane efforts after the hurricane. Don't worry, I'll wait for you to post more stuff that makes your claim look terrible. The fact is, Christie praised Obama's work before/during/after Sandy. Bloomberg did the same.

    FEMA and Obama Getting High Praise - Businessweek

    Here’s what Christie had to say about Obama on the Today show earlier this week: “The president has been outstanding.” In other television appearances, he appeared to go out of his way to laud the president’s style. Then Christie went even further, telling a Fox News (NWSA) commentator that he wasn’t interested in Mitt Romney visiting the Garden State.
    FEMA wins praise, responds to anger about gas supply - CNN.com

    "This is the all-new FEMA, and the leadership is very, very good, very focused," said Dr. Irwin Redlener, a pediatrician and director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. "They're doing an excellent job."
    New Jersey's Chris Christie -- a Republican whose state bore the brunt of the storm -- told CBS News on Tuesday that "cooperation has been great with FEMA here on the ground," while Delaware's Jack Markell -- a Democrat -- told CNN that people in his state have been "really, really impressed by the response of FEMA."
    Please stop this, FEMA's response to Sandy is hardly something you want to hedge your bets on.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #99
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    Let's just bring everyone up to date. Below is a link to RCP which list 5 different polling companies and polls on President's Obama's foreign policy and averages the five out. 35.6% approve, 55.6% disapprove.

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval - Foreign Policy
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Obama's Foreign Policy Rating Plummets, Even Without Iraq

    on the economy the President is doing better, but still 14 points below water:

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval - Economy

    Also his overall approval rating which lists 7 polls.

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •