Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 1219

Thread: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

  1. #941
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So you would vehemently support it if someone on here said that breastfeeding in public offends him, if it was coming from someone with a "right lean"? And you'd cheer like mad if the government banned that practice because it offends a few people, right?

    I missed the posts that declare that someone should "not be allowed to speak". Can you point to those posts?

    By the way, I'm not the poster who posted about the PC Police, but reading that post and applying it to this story, the PC Police in question were the federal judges, not the posters on this board.
    dude... you are so straw manning BS. My point is anybody has the right to be offended anytime they want. And anybody has the right to say something in response to being offended or to offend. Quit whining. It's not very becoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #942
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    dude... you are so straw manning BS. My point is anybody has the right to be offended anytime they want. And anybody has the right to say something in response to being offended or to offend. Quit whining. It's not very becoming.
    "Dude" is a girl.

    Where are the posts where anyone said someone shouldn't be allowed to speak (which is what you said, not me). No straw man. I'm asking you to link these posts that you said happened. I never saw them.

    Nobody said people didn't have a right to be offended, did they? No, they didn't.

    Luckily for you, the federal government had the chance to be the arbitor of the offense, didn't they? Something nobody in here did. They managed to police the Redskins back into political correctness.

    Oh wow, that would make them the PC Police now, wouldn't it?

  3. #943
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    "Dude" is a girl.
    My apologies

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos
    Where are the posts where anyone said someone shouldn't be allowed to speak (which is what you said, not me). No straw man. I'm asking you to link these posts that you said happened. I never saw them.

    Nobody said people didn't have a right to be offended, did they? No, they didn't.
    The whole thread's premise from mostly the right is that those offended by the Redskin logo shouldn't be heard or their voices should be dismissed out of hand. They where offended and they spoke up about it and now people are hating on them for being offended. I'm here saying you can say all the offensive crap you want and they can be offended all they want and neither of you should shut up. Everyone should show their true colors.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos
    Luckily for you, the federal government had the chance to be the arbitor of the offense, didn't they? Something nobody in here did. They managed to police the Redskins back into political correctness.

    Oh wow, that would make them the PC Police now, wouldn't it?
    And they spoke their piece to the patent office and now Snyder can appeal and make his case. Free speech is great ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #944
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    People on the right tend to be always offended. They are always outraged because they are always offended. And when nothing is out there that offends them that day, they fabricate something to be offended by so that they may be outraged. Then when that fabrication is debunked it turns into a "conspiracy" so that they may cling to their outrage and ignore the debunking.
    What a line you have.
    Are you saying the "right" was behind the cancellation of the trademark for the Washington Redskins?

    It seems you may have the right and left mixed up.

  5. #945
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    What a line you have.
    Are you saying the "right" was behind the cancellation of the trademark for the Washington Redskins?

    It seems you may have the right and left mixed up.
    Not at all. I'm referring to this thread. Some natives were offended by the Redskin team name and if you peruse this thread for people pissed at these natives it's basically a whose who of many on the right in this forum. Even a few lefty's I suppose here and there but no where near as lock-step.

    But what you are quoting me there was a more general statement not just about this Redskin controversy and I'll definitely stand by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #946
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,032

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Not at all. I'm referring to this thread. Some natives were offended by the Redskin team name and if you peruse this thread for people pissed at these natives it's basically a whose who of many on the right in this forum. Even a few lefty's I suppose here and there but no where near as lock-step.
    thanks for the clarification.

    I heard on the radio, (have not searched the web), that over 90% of Native Americans have no issue with the team name of Redskin.

    What I find interesting, the name/trademark has been issued for 47 years. Now it seems its an issue. Makes no sense to me.

    I have asked if the word redskin in association with the team has been used as a slur. No one has stated it has and provided a source.

    We cannot please everyone. I would bet the owner will take this to court. They have won in the past.

    I have also asked why trademarks like Florida Seminoles, Cleveland Indians, Alanta Braves are not being targeted. No real reply.
    Seems at one time the calling someone an "indian" was a slur.
    This is all PC being used for political gain.

  7. #947
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Why is it now such an issue? seems the NFL has used the name since at least 1967.
    Can you provide evidence that the name "Washington Redskins" has been used as a slur?
    Washington isn't in question here. It's the use of the term redskin.

    My impression is that is demonstrated a proud/brave/warrior type.
    And this has already been shown to be nothing more than a whitewashing. Redskin has clear implications of race and little to do with "warrior".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #948
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    How kind of you. I never knew until this post that you were the one who authorized opinions on DP. The things I learned already!

    I don't have to do research, Hatuey. I'll say it again. I have my opinion on what is "racist" and you have yours. I'm 52 and didn't fall off the turnip truck last week. You won't change mine, and I'm not trying to change yours. We disagree on this issue. Pretty simple. Have a great Thursday!
    And your opinion is based on nothing more than... well... nothing. Whereas mine is based on research. However, it's nice that you admit your opinion is uninformed. It's a positive step forward. Now, if we could only get through with that reading comprehension thing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #949
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Not at all. I'm referring to this thread. Some natives were offended by the Redskin team name and if you peruse this thread for people pissed at these natives it's basically a whose who of many on the right in this forum. Even a few lefty's I suppose here and there but no where near as lock-step.

    But what you are quoting me there was a more general statement not just about this Redskin controversy and I'll definitely stand by it.
    Clarification - 5 natives were offended by the Redskin team name.

    None of this changes the fact that the federal government sided with 5 offended people over millions who weren't offended. That is the very definition of PC Police.

  10. #950
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    This is just now being announced, so there isn't much out there yet:
    That is ****ing tyranny and absolute bias and this has been done for no other reason than for political reasons and because democrats are epic tyrants.

Page 95 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •