Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1219

Thread: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

  1. #931
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    There is no such thing as PC police. Anyone pushing that whiny diatribe is doing nothing but playing the victim card. No one is out to get you. There are no PC police. You can say all the heinous crap you want... just like you did in that last post... and I'll bet that there have been no police knocking on your door since you said that heinous crap have there?
    Well, let's see. An NFL team was forced to give up their 45+ year old trademark on a name that was "offensive" to 5 people.

    No, there's no "PC Police".


  2. #932
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Well, let's see. An NFL team was forced to give up their 45+ year old trademark on a name that was "offensive" to 5 people.

    No, there's no "PC Police".

    There are no PC police. People have always had grievances and what you are putting forth is that those who have grievances that you disagree with should not be able to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #933
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Did I miss all of Hatuey's links to back up his rant?
    I disagree with him also on this issue. The short of it, you cannot please all people 100% of the time.

    It just seems interesting that now after 47 years of the name in place, it has got to go. Yes, there has been minor objections in the past, but the courts ruled in favor of the Team.
    It is PC running amok., imo.
    It's opened up the door to scary things. This has set a precedent (contrary to what some are saying on here). If the voices of 5 people are enough to compel an agency of the federal government to strip a trademark because it "offends" them, I can assure this will happen more and more.

    OT but I'd like to know how many of the ones who agree with this legal decision over someone being "offended" have scoffed, screached, and berated at any posters who have said that certain things "offend" them, such as books, songs, women breastfeeding in public restaurants displaying nipples, and so on. I'll go out on a limb and say "a lot".

    I'd direct you to Hatuey's links, but there are too many of them. Suffice to say, he disagrees with my opinion but he was "benevolent" and welcomed me back into the thread.

  4. #934
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    There are no PC police. People have always had grievances and what you are putting forth is that those who have grievances that you disagree with should not be able to speak.
    Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

    I'll remind you of this post the next time someone posts about something that he is "offended" by and you aren't. I'm sure you'll be just as considerate of someone on the right being "offended" as you are of these 5 people and champion abolishing what "offends" them.

  5. #935
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

    I'll remind you of this post the next time someone posts about something that he is "offended" by and you aren't. I'm sure you'll be just as considerate of someone on the right being "offended" as you are of these 5 people and champion abolishing what "offends" them.
    People on the right tend to be always offended. They are always outraged because they are always offended. And when nothing is out there that offends them that day, they fabricate something to be offended by so that they may be outraged. Then when that fabrication is debunked it turns into a "conspiracy" so that they may cling to their outrage and ignore the debunking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #936
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    People on the right tend to be always offended. They are always outraged because they are always offended. And when nothing is out there that offends them that day, they fabricate something to be offended by so that they may be outraged. Then when that fabrication is debunked it turns into a "conspiracy" so that they may cling to their outrage and ignore the debunking.
    Ah, so I understand. You only think people should be allowed to voice their "offense" and you fully support it, up to and including government action on it, as long as the offended person isn't on the right. Thanks for clarifying.

  7. #937
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    blackmail!

  8. #938
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Ah, so I understand. You only think people should be allowed to voice their "offense" and you fully support it, up to and including government action on it, as long as the offended person isn't on the right. Thanks for clarifying.
    Actually its the opposite. I feel you have the right to say any heinous thing you want. The difference between you and I is that THEN I believe I have the right to voice my opposition to your heinous comments. This is where you cry "PC POLICE.... PC POLICE!!!1111!1!!!" Because you want to be able to say ridiculous stuff uncontested and that anyone who disagrees with you should not be allowed to speak. Hence the whining about the nonexistent PC police to try and shut them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #939
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Actually its the opposite. I feel you have the right to say any heinous thing you want. The difference between you and I is that THEN I believe I have the right to voice my opposition to your heinous comments. This is where you cry "PC POLICE.... PC POLICE!!!1111!1!!!" Because you want to be able to say ridiculous stuff uncontested and that anyone who disagrees with you should not be allowed to speak. Hence the whining about the nonexistent PC police to try and shut them up.
    So you would vehemently support it if someone on here said that breastfeeding in public offends him, if it was coming from someone with a "right lean"? And you'd cheer like mad if the government banned that practice because it offends a few people, right?

    I missed the posts that declare that someone should "not be allowed to speak". Can you point to those posts?

    By the way, I'm not the poster who posted about the PC Police, but reading that post and applying it to this story, the PC Police in question were the federal judges, not the posters on this board.

  10. #940
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Actually its the opposite. I feel you have the right to say any heinous thing you want. The difference between you and I is that THEN I believe I have the right to voice my opposition to your heinous comments. This is where you cry "PC POLICE.... PC POLICE!!!1111!1!!!" Because you want to be able to say ridiculous stuff uncontested and that anyone who disagrees with you should not be allowed to speak. Hence the whining about the nonexistent PC police to try and shut them up.
    Nailed it.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 94 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •