Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1219

Thread: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

  1. #611
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    2.9 million out of of nation of 300 million. Not quite the numbers that would be if our nation didn't try to kill them out.
    The fatal flaw in your position is that you're allowing emotion to dictate.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #612
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Ah, so now I understand. You don't think as a citizen I have a First Amendment right to voice my opinion. Got it.
    I didn't say that, you have every right to say what you think. All I'm doing is using my First Amendment right to tell you that your opinion on this subject means jack ****.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #613
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The Washington Redskins isn't a state, and they are the ones that violated the patent rules.
    Apparently not, as the name has been trademarked for decades. Unless, of course, you're saying that laws and rules should be constantly moving targets subject to the whims of whoever is in charge on any given day.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #614
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How long ago was that again?
    Doesn't change my point that a big reason why people don't think this word is racist is because there aren't enough people in the group that it is disparaging to stand up against it.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #615
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Apparently not, as the name has been trademarked for decades. Unless, of course, you're saying that laws and rules should be constantly moving targets subject to the whims of whoever is in charge on any given day.
    Things are always up for review as we grow and move on as a society, this is no different.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #616
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I didn't say that, you have every right to say what you think. All I'm doing is using my First Amendment right to tell you that your opinion on this subject means jack ****.
    My opinion means jack **** because the US government is the arbitor. Thank you for acknowledging that I have a right to say what I think. Then the point of your original post to me was just to be emotional and contrary?

  7. #617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Doesn't change my point that a big reason why people don't think this word is racist is because there aren't enough people in the group that it is disparaging to stand up against it.
    Well when the majority of the American Indian population doesn't think it is disparaging there is likely never going to be enough of them.

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The Washington Redskins aren't a state, and they are the ones that violated the patent rules.
    Spare me. The great thing about the rule is that the government gets to decide on a completely subjective and arbitrary manner what violates the rule and what doesn't.

    Hell, the government doesn't even need to stand by their obligations, but just claim years after the fact that the rules were violated.

  9. #619
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    My opinion means jack **** because the US government is the arbitor. Thank you for acknowledging that I have a right to say what I think. Then the point of your original post to me was just to be emotional and contrary?
    The point of my original post was to tell you that your opinion on this means jack ****. You can't decide what is disparaging to another group of people; that isn't how it works.. You may have an opinion on it and voice that opinion, but it means absolutely nothing when it comes to acknowledging whether or not that word is offensive to the group it is aimed at.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #620
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    2.9 million out of of nation of 300 million. Not quite the numbers that would be if our nation didn't try to kill them out.
    Do you have any facts that support your guilt? You said that they were "mostly killed off", this isn't true. Can you point to any law, policy or treaty that directs that the American Indian be killed off? I can't. My charge of hyperbole stands.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •