Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1219

Thread: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

  1. #1101
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    This is an indication of the heart of a tyrant. It is okay for the government to behave improperly, tyrannically, as long as it is against people you don't like.
    No, but it goes better with my glass of zinfandel.

  2. #1102
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    This whole Redskins thing has gotten boring.

    I, personally, find the name ridiculous, nonsensical and insensitive...but I believe in free speech above all else.

    But there is no point whining about it as clearly the owner is not going to change the name until he is financially pressured to do so.

    I would also add, that in addition to the name nonsense, imo, he is the worst NFL owner with a proven track record for negative intervention and incompetence. Good owners are best seen and not heard.
    Maybe so, but should the federal government be the driving forcé behind that financial pressure?

  3. #1103
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,522
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Chalk one up for Rush Limbaugh... He predicted back on January 9th that this was how the Obama Administration would go after the Redskins

    Quick Hits Page - The Rush Limbaugh Show
    Good find. I so rarely listen to Rush now that I'm retired and not on the road a lot that I didn't hear that. But like Breitbart, Drudge, and others, his research teams are monitoring the scuttlebutt on stuff long before it makes the newspapers or the evening news. And he has hit the nail on the head in that way more than once.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #1104
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Earlier I wrote, "This is an indication of the heart of a tyrant. It is okay for the government to behave improperly, tyrannically, as long as it is against people you don't like."
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    No, but it goes better with my glass of zinfandel.
    In addition to indications that you have the heart of a tyrant your current words indicate a strong possibility of some other mental disorder. Should I interpret your non-answer to mean you like a tyrannical government acting against people you don't like because you drink?

  5. #1105
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Earlier I wrote, "This is an indication of the heart of a tyrant. It is okay for the government to behave improperly, tyrannically, as long as it is against people you don't like."

    In addition to indications that you have the heart of a tyrant your current words indicate a strong possibility of some other mental disorder. Should I interpret your non-answer to mean you like a tyrannical government acting against people you don't like because you drink?
    It was my kind way of telling you I don't give a flying **** what you think. You used up your allotment of nice with your personal attack. I've been suspended for less.

  6. #1106
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The huge over bloated size of our government offends me.
    Fear not - Obama will create a new federal department to deal with such complaints.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #1107
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Fear not - Obama will create a new federal department to deal with such complaints.
    LOL, oh I am sure of it.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #1108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It was my kind way of telling you I don't give a flying **** what you think. You used up your allotment of nice with your personal attack. I've been suspended for less.
    The difference between us is that I don't have the heart of a tyrant. And while I drink adult beverages I don't claim it is because state tyranny that I like goes better with it.

  9. #1109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    This whole Redskins thing has gotten boring.

    I, personally, find the name ridiculous, nonsensical and insensitive...but I believe in free speech above all else.

    But there is no point whining about it as clearly the owner is not going to change the name until he is financially pressured to do so.

    I would also add, that in addition to the name nonsense, imo, he is the worst NFL owner with a proven track record for negative intervention and incompetence. Good owners are best seen and not heard.
    The name has been around for years.

    just like the braves and everything else. the whole entire business has been built around the name. sorry if people don't like it. they can get over it. this guy isn't going to change it. he will appeal the challange and win just like he has won the past 3 times before.

    why? because your offense to something isn't allowed to cause penalty and finincial hardship on someone else.
    changing the branding and the time to change the branding would cause undo hardship on the organization and what is worse is they could sue the indian tribes for that finincial loss.

  10. #1110
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The difference between us is that I don't have the heart of a tyrant. And while I drink adult beverages I don't claim it is because state tyranny that I like goes better with it.
    Fortunately that's not the only fifference

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •