Page 107 of 122 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1219

Thread: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

  1. #1061
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    There is no PC police. There is no group, no organization, no crew... there is no PC police. It is your fantasy boogie/straw man that gives you an excuse to be outraged at a fabricated target. That is all.
    So I have no right to my opinion and observation? Hmmm. The irony of your demand could be cut with a feather. Get over it.

  2. #1062
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    As US citizens we very much have a dog in this fight if you really understood what we've been repeatedly telling you is bothering us, which is not the Native Americans involved or anywhere else. It's the government deciding what's PC.

    I read the case. There was nothing in it that changes my mind. And one of the three judges also read the case, I can only assume, and he didn't support this decision.
    You can go on and on about the PC police bit but feelings are not how it works.

    "Federal trademark law does not permit registration of trademarks that 'may disparage' individuals or groups or 'bring them into contempt or disrepute.' The ruling pertains to six different trademarks associated with the team, each containing the word 'Redskin.' "
    linkypoo...

    A case was brought that claims it did do this. So you are basing your judgment on how you feel about it rather than the facts of the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #1063
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    So I have no right to my opinion and observation? Hmmm. The irony of your demand could be cut with a feather. Get over it.
    You most certainly do have a right to your opinion. You have no right to shut down others' opinions. Turns out your opinion is to fabricate a nonexistent organization to try to shut down other peoples' opinions. Shout it at the roof tops. Still is not real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #1064
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Don't know if they are still around but there was a minor league baseball team out of Albany, GA that was the Polecats. I like that one.
    Somehow, I think you're about 8 rings out from center on your contribution here.

  5. #1065
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    There is no organized group, no. There are, however, individuals who view themselves as such and act accordingly. To deny this is to be willfully obtuse.
    They are just people you disagree with. Nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #1066
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You can go on and on about the PC police bit but feelings are not how it works.

    "Federal trademark law does not permit registration of trademarks that 'may disparage' individuals or groups or 'bring them into contempt or disrepute.' The ruling pertains to six different trademarks associated with the team, each containing the word 'Redskin.' "
    linkypoo...

    A case was brought that claims it did do this. So you are basing your judgment on how you feel about it rather than the facts of the case.
    I didn't say PC Police in my post. I said the government deciding what's PC, which is exactly what happened.

    Was there a reason you posted that link? I read the actual case.

    I base my judgement on the same thing that the dissenting judge based his judgement on, the facts of the case (which were thin at best).

  7. #1067
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Minor league baseball has some pretty creative names.
    So does Minor League Hockey.

  8. #1068
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,961
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Don't know if they are still around but there was a minor league baseball team out of Albany, GA that was the Polecats. I like that one.
    I grew up watching and listening on the radio to the Atlanta Crackers, a AA Southern League team of the Braves. They were around from 1901 to 1965. When the Negro Leagues were still flourishing, there were the Atlanta Black Crackers. But they were gone before I was born.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #1069
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You most certainly do have a right to your opinion. You have no right to shut down others' opinions. Turns out your opinion is to fabricate a nonexistent organization to try to shut down other peoples' opinions. Shout it at the roof tops. Still is not real.
    Turns out you don't have a clue what the issue is. The Patent office based their ruling on an opinion and a whim, not on any ruling in a court of law. Sorry, but I reject any attempt by government to cause financial harm on a legitimate and long running organization because some sensitive little puke in a government office got their undies in an uproar.

    If you want to be captain of the twisted undie patrol so be it. No matter how ridiculous you want to establish your position to be, you're drowning in your own bathtub with your claim the "PC Police" don't exist.

  10. #1070
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You can go on and on about the PC police bit but feelings are not how it works.

    "Federal trademark law does not permit registration of trademarks that 'may disparage' individuals or groups or 'bring them into contempt or disrepute.' The ruling pertains to six different trademarks associated with the team, each containing the word 'Redskin.' "
    linkypoo...

    A case was brought that claims it did do this. So you are basing your judgment on how you feel about it rather than the facts of the case.
    Well ****, everything "may disparage" some individual out there. Choose one thing, anything, and I guarantee you someone out there finds it offensive. Sounds like a poorly written law to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •