Page 106 of 122 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1219

Thread: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

  1. #1051
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    In a free society, people have the right to disagree. What you are complaining about is that you don't want anyone to disagree with you and if they do disagree with you then you want to shut them down with the whole, "it's the PC Police" bull crap. People disagree all the time. Get over it. You are not a victim.
    Obviously you have no clue what the issue is. In this country, people have an expectation that the government will not rule on subjective whims pushed by the PC police. If you chose to not see that, too bad.

  2. #1052
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The California State Long Beach Baseball team is the Dirtbags. Seriously. I guess in little league around Long Beach, kids dream of being a Dirtbag one day.
    D-Bags for short?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #1053
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    This point has always bugged me regarding this debate. You're right, nobody names a team with negative attributes in mind. When is the last time you saw the Seattle Sissies? Or, the Louisville Losers?

    Ok, there is the US Santa Cruz Banana Slugs, but consider the source.
    Anaheim Mighty Ducks! What a doG awful name for a group of grown men. May as well have called them "Anaheim Fowl Sissies".

  4. #1054
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So, we can name a team the San Fransico Coolies in honor of the Chinese immigrants who arrived there in the 19th century?
    Strawman. That is not happening or even suggested. I wish you people would stop with the "what ifs".

  5. #1055
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Obviously you have no clue what the issue is. In this country, people have an expectation that the government will not rule on subjective whims pushed by the PC police. If you chose to not see that, too bad.
    There is no PC police. There is no group, no organization, no crew... there is no PC police. It is your fantasy boogie/straw man that gives you an excuse to be outraged at a fabricated target. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #1056
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I really don't have a dog in this fight and my point has been that these folks have a right to make their claim against the team, the patent office has a right to hear and act or not act on these peoples' grievance and the team has the right to appeal. Nothing new here under the sun.

    Just watching all these other people in here also with no dog in the fight take it all personal to the point where this thread has eclipsed most other threads in size is comical to me.

    Not to mention that I'm rather sure pretty much very little if anyone has actually read the case. Just the biased stories that they like to read about the case. Stories written in a fashion that shores up their outrage they seem to so desperately need.
    As US citizens we very much have a dog in this fight if you really understood what we've been repeatedly telling you is bothering us, which is not the Native Americans involved or anywhere else. It's the government deciding what's PC.

    I read the case. There was nothing in it that changes my mind. And one of the three judges also read the case, I can only assume, and he didn't support this decision.

  7. #1057
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    The California State Long Beach Baseball team is the Dirtbags. Seriously. I guess in little league around Long Beach, kids dream of being a Dirtbag one day.
    Don't know if they are still around but there was a minor league baseball team out of Albany, GA that was the Polecats. I like that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #1058
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    There is no PC police. There is no group, no organization, no crew... there is no PC police. It is your fantasy boogie/straw man that gives you an excuse to be outraged at a fabricated target. That is all.
    There is no organized group, no. There are, however, individuals who view themselves as such and act accordingly. To deny this is to be willfully obtuse.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #1059
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Don't know if they are still around but there was a minor league baseball team out of Albany, GA that was the Polecats. I like that one.
    Minor league baseball has some pretty creative names.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #1060
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Patent office cancels Redskins trademarks

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    D-Bags for short?
    Actually, yes. Local sports writers call them D-Bags. I wonder who could eventually become offended by their name. Other sports teams at LB State I believe are referred to as the 49ers. But they do love their Dirtbags.



    Long Beach State Athletics

    Follow The Dirtbags In Summer Ball

    6/18/2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •